Resources and how could they be more interesting ?

Justin Kerbice

I'm on mobile, so responding to every point would be difficult... It may just be me, but it seems like you are wanting to make this a lot more difficult than it had to be. Why try to create something from scratch when we can build on what's there? Also, I agree, people will want 50 different things, and to be clear, what route do you intend to go with these resources, more realistic, or more, ehh I guess imaginative. If you want more realistic, then yes that would be way more involved. If the other route, we can build and refine on 2 popular mods already in use. I also see resources as a late game added objective instead of a have to thing like C&C or any other rts. This is solely my .02 and may be completely different than what direction you where leaning to, so bear that in mind and no disrespect on my end. Resources shouldn't be a grind, you shouldn't have to start the game and have to start up an oil rig to process your jet fuel...no thanks. Resources as an objective should be for rare fuels for end game travels (career mode) or future tech (sandbox). Again, if you want more realistic, you would probably need to start from scratch, if you want to go the other route, we already have a very nice foundation to build from.

I think we should make a community driven project out of this. We provide some basic stuff, look at Karbonite for example, RoverDude done the basic part, and other people make new parts for it, for example. Would this be a good idea? I think doing this alone or in a little team would be a little bit too much, except that we first need to write a concept so other people can imagine what we plan to do. I guess I'll write one now. Got nothing else to do. :)

After working out a concept I maybe ask RoverDude if he'd like to help us or if had a problem with us using his mod in our ... mod constellation? Sorry I'm not a native english speaker and it's sometimes hard to imagine what some words mean in english. Hope you understand what I mean.

Volcanix

I think we should make a community driven project out of this. We provide some basic stuff, look at Karbonite for example, RoverDude done the basic part, and other people make new parts for it, for example. Would this be a good idea? I think doing this alone or in a little team would be a little bit too much, except that we first need to write a concept so other people can imagine what we plan to do. I guess I'll write one now. Got nothing else to do. :)

After working out a concept I maybe ask RoverDude if he'd like to help us or if had a problem with us using his mod in our ... mod constellation? Sorry I'm not a native english speaker and it's sometimes hard to imagine what some words mean in english. Hope you understand what I mean.

Volcanix

If we go the imaginative route, I honestly think we can release something relative soon if we can have the support from the interstellar mod and the support from karbonite. Will we use karbonite as the endgame resource, or do we need to generate something new? Again, for me, just fine tuning what is already in place is more ideal for simplicity and ease of use for the community. Looking forward to seeing what is brought to the table.

If we go the imaginative route, I honestly think we can release something relative soon if we can have the support from the interstellar mod and the support from karbonite. Will we use karbonite as the endgame resource, or do we need to generate something new? Again, for me, just fine tuning what is already in place is more ideal for simplicity and ease of use for the community. Looking forward to seeing what is brought to the table.

Mhh.. I'm thinking of using a easy-to-get resource to begin with, fill up your KSC fuel tanks etc. and have a working resource processing. I think Kethane would be easy to begin with because you can find a lot of it on Kerbin, but to be honest I haven't got any experience with Karbonite. What do you think about the beginning? First gather the resource, convert it into fuel, use the fuel to expand your space program, maybe sell it to get money, earn reputation, getting more reputation gets you sponsors, which pay you xx.xxx$ funds if you do x in x days.. well that would be a little bit more leaned on the current career mode but I think that wouldn't be that bad idea. what do you think of it?

Mhh.. I'm thinking of using a easy-to-get resource to begin with, fill up your KSC fuel tanks etc. and have a working resource processing. I think Kethane would be easy to begin with because you can find a lot of it on Kerbin, but to be honest I haven't got any experience with Karbonite. What do you think about the beginning? First gather the resource, convert it into fuel, use the fuel to expand your space program, maybe sell it to get money, earn reputation, getting more reputation gets you sponsors, which pay you xx.xxx$ funds if you do x in x days.. well that would be a little bit more leaned on the current career mode but I think that wouldn't be that bad idea. what do you think of it?

I personally think that is way to grindy for the beginning of the game. Maybe a way to earn a somewhat steady income and a small dose of steady positive rep. would be a neat idea for contracts (return x amount back for x amount of Funds) but to have to refine your own fuel for basic rockets, I personally wouldnt play it. I was thinking creating mining rigs for late game exploration on rare fuels.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.