[1.8.x] Contracts Window + [v9.4] [11/1/2019]

DMagic

Did this happen after upgrading from an older version of Contracts Window +? Or is it newly added? And does it happen everywhere, or just the space center?

In the future I'll make the reset contracts button also reset the window settings and size parameters, though I'm not sure that would actually help here, since I can't really see the reset icon.

All I can suggest here is that you open up the persistent.sfs file (make a backup), search for "contractScenario" without the "". Find the line WindowPosition = ... a few lines down, and replace it with this (copy and paste it exactly):

WindowPosition = 50,80,250,300,50,80,250,300,50,80,250,300,50,80,250,300

It should look like this to start with (the numbers will obviously be different):

SortMode = 4,4,4,4
WindowPosition = 161,281,480,551,344,60,480,535,140,115,250,678,50,80,250,300
WindowVisible = False,False,False,False

and this after you are finished

SortMode = 4,4,4,4
WindowPosition = 50,80,250,300,50,80,250,300,50,80,250,300,50,80,250,300
WindowVisible = False,False,False,False

Thanks, your tweak work fine.

For the error, that's the first time I used Contracts Window (on a new savegame) and this error had happened after around 2 hours of game.

If that can help you, what I have on my persistent.sfs

SCENARIO
{
name = contractScenario
scene = 7, 6, 8, 5, 9
version = 1.0.2.0
Contracts_Window_Parameters
{
DefaultListID = 5eea5032-564d-4acf-8ede-93baf532d8ef|N|True,7c2aa452-4d5b-4533-9a3b-fd568a561306|N|True
HiddenListID =
ShowListMode = 0,0,0,0
WindowMode = 1,1,1,0
SortOrder = 0,0,0,0
SortMode = 4,4,2,4
WindowPosition = 45,292,300,413,518,180,300,614,22,72,-27,621,50,80,130,300
WindowVisible = False,True,True,False
ToolTips = True
FontSize = False
WindowSize = 1
}
}

Another NullReferenceException, I just installed the ContractsWindow, but cannot get any GUI:

Are you by any chance using some kind of quick-loading plugin, one that skips the main menu and goes directly to a vessel or save game? Doing that somehow short-circuits the loading process and breaks the window for some reason.

Thanks, your tweak work fine.

For the error, that's the first time I used Contracts Window (on a new savegame) and this error had happened after around 2 hours of game.

If that can help you, what I have on my persistent.sfs

Derp, I see what the problem is now. If you have the window set to the large size and you don't open the window at least once before leaving a scene it won't save the window size correctly. Each time this happens the window will get a little bit smaller. This is easy to fix; if I can figure out if there is something I can do about the other issue I'll release a fix soon.

I released a new update for this: Kerbal Stuff

It fixes the constantly shrinking window bug.

It also should prevent the NRE's shown above when clicking the toolbar in some cases. This could, under certain conditions, cause the icon to be added to a sandbox/science game, but it won't do anything and shouldn't remain after loading/changing scenes. KSP must be started at least once without skipping the loading menu for scenario modules to be setup correctly, this is true for anything using [KSPScenario]; these auto-loading plugins are not recommended for anything other than development or testing purposes.

Mission Controller part-specific contracts are now supported in the editor mode and will show the part preview icon.

I released a new update for this: Kerbal Stuff

It fixes the constantly shrinking window bug.

It also should prevent the NRE's shown above when clicking the toolbar in some cases. This could, under certain conditions, cause the icon to be added to a sandbox/science game, but it won't do anything and shouldn't remain after loading/changing scenes. KSP must be started at least once without skipping the loading menu for scenario modules to be setup correctly, this is true for anything using [KSPScenario]; these auto-loading plugins are not recommended for anything other than development or testing purposes.

Mission Controller part-specific contracts are now supported in the editor mode and will show the part preview icon.

Huge thanks :)

Got a weird very specific glitch with contracts added by FinePrint. If I accept 2 orbit contracts at the same time, Contract Window displays them correctly but will randomly switch the information in each one around at (seemingly) consistent intervals of maybe 3-5 seconds. This can be a little disorienting as, for example, I'll glance down and see I need a LAN of 147 degrees, look at the map, glance down again and it will say 251 degrees. This happens only when accepting the contracts at the same time, regardless of duration or expiry. The issue is present in version 1.2, 2.1, and 2.1. Haven't tested any earlier versions.

Not entirely sure what you can do about this, but I thought I'd let you know regardless.

Got a weird very specific glitch with contracts added by FinePrint. If I accept 2 orbit contracts at the same time, Contract Window displays them correctly but will randomly switch the information in each one around at (seemingly) consistent intervals of maybe 3-5 seconds. This can be a little disorienting as, for example, I'll glance down and see I need a LAN of 147 degrees, look at the map, glance down again and it will say 251 degrees. This happens only when accepting the contracts at the same time, regardless of duration or expiry. The issue is present in version 1.2, 2.1, and 2.1. Haven't tested any earlier versions.

Not entirely sure what you can do about this, but I thought I'd let you know regardless.

Try different sorting options. If two contracts have the same title, or possibly just close to the same title, then this can happen. If there isn't any sorting option that fixes this then just pin one or both contracts, or hide one of them.

Are you by any chance using some kind of quick-loading plugin, one that skips the main menu and goes directly to a vessel or save game? Doing that somehow short-circuits the loading process and breaks the window for some reason.

Yes, I am using the DevHelper plugin to arrive to auto-load my save game. I have set it up to go to the main screen now to avoid loading / initialization issues.

I released a new update: Kerbal Stuff

The window reset function was over-zealous and was being called for no reason in many cases. It should now only trigger when using the reset button or in certain rare circumstances.

Excellent. I was just about to complain about the window refusing to remain in the same position and open/not open state like most Toolbar-based windows do (it was resetting to open/default position every time I switched between certain scenes), but this seems to have fixed the problem.

I just got massive performance hits in VAB, like a freeze every seconds. Last time this bad was with a 1500part vessel in 0.23.5, but not with a 10 part vessel.

Not sure whats going on, your mod was just the only one that made a significant difference (a freeze only every 5 seconds), when i closed the window in vab.

ContractWindow [email protected] here.

edit: nevermind, seems to be an issue with xScience, long story there: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/96000-0-25-x-Science!-Ingame-science-checklist-v1-1-%282014-10-11%29/page4

Edited by Tahib

I just got massive performance hits in VAB, like a freeze every seconds. Last time this bad was with a 1500part vessel in 0.23.5, but not with a 10 part vessel.

Not sure whats going on, your mod was just the only one that made a significant difference (a freeze only every 5 seconds), when i closed the window in vab.

ContractWindow [email protected] here.

this thing... down there... in teh signature...

not working for me, contract window still happens to be stock one. toolbar is installed.

0.25 win x86

Did you enabled CW+ icon to show in Toolbar? (See my screenshots - it's a red-white-lime button in the upper left)

CW+ doesn't replace stock contracts app, it's a completely another window.

Did you enabled CW+ icon to show in Toolbar? (See my screenshots - it's a red-white-lime button in the upper left)

CW+ doesn't replace stock contracts app, it's a completely another window.

thanks, it's all fine now.

руÑÂÑÂúøõ ÿþòÑÂюôу =)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, I've been using CW+ for a while, and I really like it. I'm using toolbar with it. But one thing is getting kind of annoying. The CW+ window appears everywhere, all the time. I constantly find myself switching it off manually whenever I switch spacecraft, go back to space center, vab, etc. Every time I switch "scenes" the CW+ window comes back on, and since most of the time I don't need to be looking at the contracts I often have to close it. Is there any way to configure it so that the window is off by default, and only comes on when I click on it in the toolbar?

thanks

A purely cosmetic suggestion, but would it be possible to see the name of the agency offering the contract in the Contracts Window? It makes it easier to name satellites etc. appropriately. :D

It's possible, but agency names can be fairly long, so there would need to be some option to hide them, which means adding another icon to an already crowded list. I'll see if there is a reasonable method for it though.

Hi, I've been using CW+ for a while, and I really like it. I'm using toolbar with it. But one thing is getting kind of annoying. The CW+ window appears everywhere, all the time. I constantly find myself switching it off manually whenever I switch spacecraft, go back to space center, vab, etc. Every time I switch "scenes" the CW+ window comes back on, and since most of the time I don't need to be looking at the contracts I often have to close it. Is there any way to configure it so that the window is off by default, and only comes on when I click on it in the toolbar?

thanks

It should be off by default. The window settings are saved separately for each scene, so if you turn it off in the VAB then switch to flight it will load a different group of settings, but if you go back to the VAB again it should remain off. If this isn't happening then something else is wrong.

It should be off by default. The window settings are saved separately for each scene, so if you turn it off in the VAB then switch to flight it will load a different group of settings, but if you go back to the VAB again it should remain off. If this isn't happening then something else is wrong.

Yeah, in my case it's always on, in all scenes no matter how many times I turn it off, as soon as I go back to a scene it reappears. It also always returns to the "default" position, and size no matter how often I change it. I've tried resetting the settings, but it didn't help.

EDIT: I ultimately turned off the CW+ button in the toolbar settings, and then put it back on. Since then it seems well behaved.

Edited by mkrco

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.