[1.8.x] Contracts Window + [v9.4] [11/1/2019]

DMagic

Just now, linuxgurugamer said:

So give @DMagic some time to do the work.  He has other mods as well which will need updating, and isn't being paid for it.

Oh yeah, totally. I did a bit of considering before posting as I didn't want to sound like I was being demanding or anything. Apparently I failed.

I'm quite happy to be patient. I see he has posted recently so hasn't gone away. I'll go back into my corner now.

• 2 weeks later...

Contracts Window + version 7.0 is out; get it on Space Dock.

It has been updated for KSP 1.2.

It requires Contract Parser version 5.0 and Progress Parser version 6.0, both are included.

The old OnGUI has been completely replaced by the new Unity UI system. The window should be functionally the same, but there are some improvements to the scaling options, and, because it is using the new vector fonts should be more readable at small sizes.

Let me know if anyone spots any significant problems or differences from how it used to behave.

Um, is there a perf regression when contract count is high? Whenever I drag the window or scroll down, frame rate just drops to a slide show of 2fps - it immediately goes back to 24fps if I'm not doing either operations (fps data from KerboKatz, and matches what I feel visually). Doesn't matter which scene - KSC/flight/map, all the same. Accepting a contract is also laggy. ksp.log is totally normal.

I can repro this with ~50 contracts (need to mod AverageAvailableContracts field, certainly) on a clean install with CW+ mod only. Without CW+, with a lot of other mods, it's fast to accept contracts. And I remember previous versions of CW+ can handle like 100 contracts without problem.

I agree this might be exceeding design limit, but if ~50 is so laggy, then for the normal case of 10~15 it can still bring down perf a little... Given the fact that previous versions can do it, I hope it qualifies a perf bug?

Version 7.1 is out; get it on Space Dock.

It adds a Pixel Perfect toggle (I knew I should have left that in for the last version :D) to the window options menu, where all of the window scale options are. Pixel Perfect aligns all of the non-text elements (text uses the new vector fonts, which aren't affected) to the nearest pixel edge, this makes everything a bit sharper, but can have a performance when a lot of elements are being moved around. It is set to off by default.

As for loading 50 contracts... I'm not sure why so many would ever need to be active at the same time (and the contracts themselves will start effecting KSP performance at some point), but if you do want that many I would try taking advantage of all of the sorting and managing options available in CW+. Adding contracts to the list will still cause a little bit of stutter above a certain amount (this can probably be fixed, too, but not so easily), but that can be avoided by not using the "All Contracts" list and instead keeping things organized.

I know that usually with the way KSP works, when a mod offers the option of "replace stock button in applauncher", it should be seen as an experimental feature.
Nevertheless I decided to try it out in the latest version of CW....aaaand it's gone. Scene changes seem to revert the button to the stock Contract app and my CW mod button is gone from the app launcher (which in itself was the desired result). I will reinstall, but...can something be done about that or it is better for me to just stick with the CW app button, without overwriting?

@tedingus The part icons are a little bit weird, but currently there is a bug in the way the CW+ canvas is set up that leaves it behind all of the Editor UI elements. When fixed the part images themselves can still appear over the window, but that goes away when clicking anywhere on the window and it won't hide behind any other elements.

@smunisto There are two bugs in the stock replacement function right now, so you'll have to avoid it for the time being. There is no need to uninstall to fix it anymore, though. There is a field in a settings file that can be switched to false and it should go back to normal.

The file is in:

GameData/DMagicUtilities/ContractsWindow/PluginData/Settings.cfg

And the field is: replaceStockApp = False

About performance with a large number of contracts. There are, apparently, some Unity limitations in scroll views with a lot of elements, this is kind of terrible since that is the purpose of scroll views, and Unity hasn't really done anything about it. There are a few things that can be done to alleviate this, one is simplifying each element in the list, which I will try. There is also an asset in the Unity Store that supposedly fixes this by being smarter about how the scroll view works. If simplifying the elements doesn't help I'll look into that. The problem only really becomes apparent with more than 20 or 30 contracts, but it makes accepting contracts, opening the window, and changing the window display very slow.

If you play with lots of contracts there are a few ways to handle the problem right now. Most important is to not use the "All Contracts" list, all contracts are added to that, and they can't be removed. As soon as you accept a contract assign it to a mission, then hide that contract, this will put it in the hidden list, and turn of the parameters (they can be switched back on, but shouldn't be). Any mission list with 10 or fewer contracts should load and behave fine.

Active vessels will load with CW+ using the mission list that was last viewed by that vessel, so they should be fine. In the other scenes it will always load the All Contracts list, though. This means the window will be slow to load initially, but at least accepting contracts shouldn't be quite so bad.

Contracts Window + version 7.2 is out; get it on Space Dock.

It is updated for KSP 1.2.1. It fixes some bugs with the replace stock contract toolbar function, and a bug that was making contracts always show all of their parameters.

There are several performance improvements made to opening the window, switching missions or to the progress node view, and to any lag when accepting contracts when a large number of contracts are already active.

On 7.11.2016 at 9:10 PM, DMagic said:

Contracts Window + version 7.2 is out; get it on Space Dock.

It is updated for KSP 1.2.1. It fixes some bugs with the replace stock contract toolbar function, and a bug that was making contracts always show all of their parameters.

There are several performance improvements made to opening the window, switching missions or to the progress node view, and to any lag when accepting contracts when a large number of contracts are already active.

Hi

I have one isssue with money display in 7.2... Version 7.1 works like a charm :wink:
Video below and a list of my mods.

Video

Spoiler

Mods list

Spoiler

KSP: 1.2.1 (Win64) - Unity: 5.4.0p4 - OS: Windows 10  64bit
000_AT_Utils - 1.2.1
Filter Extensions - 2.7.4.2
USI Tools - 0.8.3
Chatterer - 0.9.91.1586
Community Category Kit - 0.1.2
Community Resource Pack - 0.6.3
CommunityTechTree - 3.0.1
Contract Configurator - 1.21
Contract Pack: Field Research - 1.2
Contract Pack: Bases and Stations - 3.4.1
Contract Pack: Tourism Plus - 1.5.1
DistantObjectEnhancement - 1.8.1
CapCom Mission Control On The Go - 1.0.2.5
Contract Parser - 1.0.5
Contracts Window Plus - 1.0.7.2
Progress Parser - 1.0.6
Firespitter - 7.4.1
Kerbal Attachment System - 0.6
KAS - 0.7.1
Kerbal Engineer Redux - 1.1.2
Kerbal Inventory System - 1.3
KSP-AVC Plugin - 1.1.6.2
ModularFlightIntegrator - 1.2.2
Docking Port Alignment Indicator - 6.5.1
Final Frontier - 1.2.5.2906
Olympic1's Icon Packs - 0.10.3
Kerbal Planetary Base Systems - 1.3.4
PlanetShine - 0.2.5.2
Portrait Stats - 1.0.12
RCS Build Aid - 0.9.1
ReentryParticleEffect - 1.2.0.1
AmpYear - 1.4.3
SCANsat - 1.1.6.11
SVE Scatterer cfgs - 1.0.1
Science Relay - 1.0.2.1
StageRecovery - 1.6.5
Stock Visual Enhancements - 1.1.4
Stock Visual Terrain - 2.0
Trajectories - 1.6.5
Kerbal Alarm Clock - 3.8.1
Alternate Resource Panel - 2.9
Transfer Window Planner - 1.6
TweakScale - 2.3.2
UbioWeldingLtd-Continued - 2.4
USI Core - 0.3.3
Asteroid Mining Technologies - 0.1.1
Asteroid Recycling Tech - 0.9.2
USI Exploration Pack - 0.6.2
Freight Transport Tech - 0.6.2
Karibou - 0.3.2
Konstruction - 0.1.5
USI-LS - 0.5.4
Malemute Rover - 0.2.2
UKS - 0.50.4
USI Survivability Pack - 0.6.2
USI Submarine Pack - 0.2.3
VenStockRevamp - 1.9.5
Waypoint Manager - 2.6
[x] Science! - 5.3

cheers.

Edited by pawulonn1

@pawulonn1 It's probably an odd manifestation of something related to what was causing flickering in the editor UI with lots of parts or contracts before 1.2.1. Try moving most of the contracts out of the "All Contracts" list, either by hiding them, or use more mission lists with a smaller number of contracts in each list.

39 minutes ago, DMagic said:

@pawulonn1 It's probably an odd manifestation of something related to what was causing flickering in the editor UI with lots of parts or contracts before 1.2.1. Try moving most of the contracts out of the "All Contracts" list, either by hiding them, or use more mission lists with a smaller number of contracts in each list.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Unfortunately it does not help . . . or I doing something wrong?!

Video below

Spoiler

and 7.1

Spoiler

but I can live with that :wink:
cheers.

Edited by pawulonn1
Add 7.1 Video

I think I see what's causing it, it is likely a z depth issue with the funds widget.

There are all sorts of strange z depth issues that occur with the UI for some reason. For instance, increasing the KSP UI scale causes the CW+ z depth to freak out (most of the time), but decreasing it never does. The stock editor scroll bar flickering issue is also caused by a z depth issue. I'll see if I can fix it on my end when the CW + window is opened.

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/11/2016 at 3:09 AM, pawulonn1 said:

Hi

I have one isssue with money display in 7.2... Version 7.1 works like a charm :wink:
Video below and a list of my mods.

Video

Hide contents

Mods list

Reveal hidden contents

KSP: 1.2.1 (Win64) - Unity: 5.4.0p4 - OS: Windows 10  64bit
000_AT_Utils - 1.2.1
Filter Extensions - 2.7.4.2
USI Tools - 0.8.3
Chatterer - 0.9.91.1586
Community Category Kit - 0.1.2
Community Resource Pack - 0.6.3
CommunityTechTree - 3.0.1
Contract Configurator - 1.21
Contract Pack: Field Research - 1.2
Contract Pack: Bases and Stations - 3.4.1
Contract Pack: Tourism Plus - 1.5.1
DistantObjectEnhancement - 1.8.1
CapCom Mission Control On The Go - 1.0.2.5
Contract Parser - 1.0.5
Contracts Window Plus - 1.0.7.2
Progress Parser - 1.0.6
Firespitter - 7.4.1
Kerbal Attachment System - 0.6
KAS - 0.7.1
Kerbal Engineer Redux - 1.1.2
Kerbal Inventory System - 1.3
KSP-AVC Plugin - 1.1.6.2
ModularFlightIntegrator - 1.2.2
Docking Port Alignment Indicator - 6.5.1
Final Frontier - 1.2.5.2906
Olympic1's Icon Packs - 0.10.3
Kerbal Planetary Base Systems - 1.3.4
PlanetShine - 0.2.5.2
Portrait Stats - 1.0.12
RCS Build Aid - 0.9.1
ReentryParticleEffect - 1.2.0.1
AmpYear - 1.4.3
SCANsat - 1.1.6.11
SVE Scatterer cfgs - 1.0.1
Science Relay - 1.0.2.1
StageRecovery - 1.6.5
Stock Visual Enhancements - 1.1.4
Stock Visual Terrain - 2.0
Trajectories - 1.6.5
Kerbal Alarm Clock - 3.8.1
Alternate Resource Panel - 2.9
Transfer Window Planner - 1.6
TweakScale - 2.3.2
UbioWeldingLtd-Continued - 2.4
USI Core - 0.3.3
Asteroid Mining Technologies - 0.1.1
Asteroid Recycling Tech - 0.9.2
USI Exploration Pack - 0.6.2
Freight Transport Tech - 0.6.2
Karibou - 0.3.2
Konstruction - 0.1.5
USI-LS - 0.5.4
Malemute Rover - 0.2.2
UKS - 0.50.4
USI Survivability Pack - 0.6.2
USI Submarine Pack - 0.2.3
VenStockRevamp - 1.9.5
Waypoint Manager - 2.6
[x] Science! - 5.3

cheers.

I am having the same issue. In VAB / SPH with CW+ open the funds display does not show anything. My mod list is more extensive ... so ... it won`t help narrowing down the cause :(

Here is a log file if it might help.

Love this mod.  Sorry if this has been asked before, but is there any way to adjust the line spacing between objectives, without mucking up anything else?  See screenshot below.

Spoiler

NiEWixB.png

Edited by Fwiffo

@Fwiffo Yes, that's always bugged me, but I never got around to fixing it. They are spaced the way they are to make room for any penalties for the contract parameters. But, as you've probably noticed, there are basically never parameter failure penalties. I need to set it so that it assumes there is no penalty and only increase the spacing if there is one. It should just take a little fiddling in the Unity setup for the UI.

Version 7.3 is out; get it on Space Dock.

It tightens up the spacing between contract parameters and no longer includes the settings file in the download package. This way your settings won't be erased every time a new update is released. The file will be generated as soon as you save with CW+ installed.

The editor funds widget thing remains. I'm not entirely sure exactly what is going on with it, I know there are Unity bugs with using nested UI canvases, but I can't see what's really happening to the funds tumblers. It will have to remain as a known issue for now.

Wec6GBZ.png

Edited by DMagic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.