[1.8.x] Contracts Window + [v9.4] [11/1/2019]

DMagic

On 10.2.2016 at 6:17 PM, DMagic said:

There are some inherent limitations though. Contracts have no universal method for designating a target planet, and some have multiple targets, or none at all, so there will always be situations where a contract can't be properly assigned to a certain planet. And Contract Configurator contracts are all sub-types of one parent type. So they will all get lumped together. Getting around this can be a bit of a pain.

Thanks for that information, didnt know that. Was just an idea...

40 minutes ago, smjjames said:

Is there a new update? Because KSP-AVC told me there is one but I don't see one. Also, @DMagic, you'll have to fix the link that KSP-AVC uses for the download because that goes to Kerbalstuff, which is down.

6.0 is the latest version, unless you have a .version file pointed at the dev branch for some reason. 

I'll get around to fixing all of the download locations when I can upload to SpaceDock.

I really like this mod, in fact I never use the retched stock contract window.

Two questions:

- How do I delete a Mission from the mission list? Not a contract from the mission list, but a Mission. I'm assuming there is a config file somewhere that I could edit it directly, but if it could be done in game, that'd be swell.

- This might be a bug in KSP itself as I've seen a few mods run into it, but resizing this window in certain scenes causes significantly noticeable performance decreases. IIRC, resizing in the editor is kind of bad, in flight is very bad, at KSC is fine. But like I said, I've seen other mods run into this one, like blizzy's toolbar. I guess this one wasn't a very good question? I'll end it with question marks? Any idea what might be causing it? (It's not game breaking, just somewhat annoying is all). Linux x64 bit, lots of mods installed so it could be me.

Cheers.

On 2/23/2016 at 8:39 AM, Jansn67 said:

@DMagic: maybe its (also in CapCom) possible to integrate a (with full description) search/filter function?

I'm not too enthusiastic about this. It seems like a lot of work and there generally aren't enough contracts to necessitate an actual search function. There are plenty of sorting and grouping functions in Contracts Window + that should alleviate most of the need for a search function.

On 2/23/2016 at 10:39 AM, Deimos Rast said:

I really like this mod, in fact I never use the retched stock contract window.

Two questions:

- How do I delete a Mission from the mission list? Not a contract from the mission list, but a Mission. I'm assuming there is a config file somewhere that I could edit it directly, but if it could be done in game, that'd be swell.

- This might be a bug in KSP itself as I've seen a few mods run into it, but resizing this window in certain scenes causes significantly noticeable performance decreases. IIRC, resizing in the editor is kind of bad, in flight is very bad, at KSC is fine. But like I said, I've seen other mods run into this one, like blizzy's toolbar. I guess this one wasn't a very good question? I'll end it with question marks? Any idea what might be causing it? (It's not game breaking, just somewhat annoying is all). Linux x64 bit, lots of mods installed so it could be me.

Cheers.

The little pencil icon to the right of the mission title can be used to edit the mission name or delete it.

Re-sizing or dragging the window shouldn't cause any problems. Blizzy's toolbar does something very strange when you activate the move/edit mode; Unity has standard methods for dragging a window that don't cause anything to slow down. I've never seen any kind of slow down with this when moving or re-sizing the window. 

6 hours ago, DMagic said:

The little pencil icon to the right of the mission title can be used to edit the mission name or delete it.

Re-sizing or dragging the window shouldn't cause any problems. Blizzy's toolbar does something very strange when you activate the move/edit mode; Unity has standard methods for dragging a window that don't cause anything to slow down. I've never seen any kind of slow down with this when moving or re-sizing the window. 

I'll look for the pencil, thanks!

Hmm, then it's probably on my end. My hardware resources are stretched pretty thin a lot of times, so it's probably that.

Version 6.1 is out; get it on SpaceDock.

Contracts Window + has been moved to a new installation folder and has two required dependencies, both of which are shared by CapCom.

GameData/DMagicUtilities/ContractsWindow

GameData/DMagicUtilities/ContractParser

GameData/DMagicUtilities/ProgressParser

This update fixes some issues with progress reports not updating properly, progress rewards display correctly, can custom contract notes display correctly.

Is this coming from this mod or the stock contract window?  

(Filename: /home/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/LinuxStandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

ArgumentException: Getting control 0's position in a group with only 0 controls when doing Repaint
Aborting
  at UnityEngine.GUILayoutGroup.GetNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.GUILayoutUtility.BeginLayoutGroup (UnityEngine.GUIStyle style, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options, System.Type LayoutType) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.GUILayout.BeginVertical (UnityEngine.GUIContent content, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.GUILayout.BeginVertical (UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ContractsWindow.contractsWindow.DrawWindow (Int32 id) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ContractsWindow.DMC_MBW.DrawWindowInternal (Int32 id) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.GUILayout+LayoutedWindow.DoWindow (Int32 windowID) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.WindowFunction func, Int32 id, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, Int32 forceRect, Single width, Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

(Filename:  Line: 4294967295)

EDIT: Sorry about the way I worded that, I posted real quick before I went to work this morning.  I'm just trying to investigate any Exceptions that pop while I'm playing to see if there is some conflict I can fix in my modded install, I had this come up a couple times last play session, not sure what the error means exactly.   I have noticed a funky flicker on the bottom of some of my UI windows, most noticeable on KAC, but I've seen it on other too, not sure if this is related or not. .  

Edited by eberkain

@eberkain The exception only pops up once, and only after a scene change? That is normal, and it happens with many UI mods; is has something to do with Unity trying to draw the window before everything is ready.

I have no idea exactly what causes the issue. For SCANsat there is one UI element that, if left out, makes this error disappear. The solution is probably something like adding a small delay, but I don't think it actually harms anything. The Unity window drawing method seems to fail once, but then works fine in subsequent calls.

6 minutes ago, DMagic said:

@eberkain The exception only pops up once, and only after a scene change? That is normal, and it happens with many UI mods; is has something to do with Unity trying to draw the window before everything is ready.

I have no idea exactly what causes the issue. For SCANsat there is one UI element that, if left out, makes this error disappear. The solution is probably something like adding a small delay, but I don't think it actually harms anything. The Unity window drawing method seems to fail once, but then works fine in subsequent calls.

Ok, yeah all seems to work fine, it does seem to only happen at the start of each scene change.  Just taking a closer look at all the exceptions that my game throws, to see if i can correct any of it.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Maybe. I'm mostly worried about having everything ready when 1.1 releases, and only putting out pre-release versions when I want more people to test it.

I probably won't have any time this weekend, but if 1.1 isn't out next week then we'll see. All of my other mods are pretty much ready (and I think I'm finished with SCANsat and Portrait Stats for now, which were taking up most of my time), I just need to do a little testing.

1 hour ago, DMagic said:

Version 6.2 is out; get it on SpaceDock.

It is updated for KSP 1.1. The only real difference is that the stock contract app override is disabled.

Thanks for the updates. 

Just wondering is the override coming back at some point? Or is it not possible now? 

It was really nice to remove the stock ones.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.