[1.8.x] Contracts Window + [v9.4] [11/1/2019]

DMagic

*#@ me! I don't know how I lived without this!

But... A request if I may yeah, another one of those. :P Would it be possible to sort missions by expiration date (say, date of the earliest contract they have inside)? I usually group contracts by body / proximity so I can do a bunch of them with one big vessel. Having a list of missions that could be sorted by date, just like the contracts themselves, would be great IMO because then you know your mission to Duna is in 230 days. I know you can sort contracts so more or less you have the info available there.. but still.

Do you meant the button at the far right of the toolbar with a number and a bunch of little curves above it? That's not a "mission completed" button, it's just there to tell you how many alerts you currently have, some of which might be for completed missions. For instance, with Stage Recovery+ installed, I get messages there telling me the fate of stages which get recovered (when stock deletes them).

You can delete any of those alerts by clicking the little trash icon on the individual alert window. Perhaps that's what happened?

Do you meant the button at the far right of the toolbar with a number and a bunch of little curves above it? That's not a "mission completed" button, it's just there to tell you how many alerts you currently have, some of which might be for completed missions. For instance, with Stage Recovery+ installed, I get messages there telling me the fate of stages which get recovered (when stock deletes them).

You can delete any of those alerts by clicking the little trash icon on the individual alert window. Perhaps that's what happened?

Yes, that button to the far upper right. I did not click the trash can on any of them. I had 68 of them, installed this mod, went in and the number was 0. That is a negative repercussion I'd rather avoid.

I installed the mod again and the same thing happened. I'm using KSP 1.02.

Yes, that button to the far upper right. I did not click the trash can on any of them. I had 68 of them, installed this mod, went in and the number was 0. That is a negative repercussion I'd rather avoid.

I installed the mod again and the same thing happened. I'm using KSP 1.02.

If you'd like a history of the contracts you've completed, there is a history in the Mission Control building; go to the tab "Completed Contracts" and it will list all the contracts you've done in that career.

Version 5.2 is out; get it on Kerbal Stuff.

It adds the ability to sort by planet; with the same restrictions as those found in CapCom. Not all contracts have an associated planet, some have more than one (in which case usually the last planet is assigned), and addon contracts only count if they have the name of the planet in their title.

It also saves the currently selected mission for each vessel, so if you save or change scenes while something other than the Master Mission is selected, that Contracts Window + will automatically switch to that mission list the next time you load that vessel.

There is an option to rename existing mission lists, and a bug fix so that contracts accepted while something other than the Master Mission is selected will be added to both the current mission list and the Master Mission.

• 2 weeks later...

Forever I have had little black bars beside all the contracts in the window. Never gave it much thought or worried about it...

Today I noticed them and got annoyed and wonder why they were there. after checking the thread I realized that the bars were where the Reputation stars were supposed to be shown. ATM strikes again probably. :) Made a config for it and it did not work. But I dont know what I am doing with the ATM configs and will play around with it a little more.

Today I noticed them and got annoyed and wonder why they were there. after checking the thread I realized that the bars were where the Reputation stars were supposed to be shown. ATM strikes again probably. :) Made a config for it and it did not work. But I dont know what I am doing with the ATM configs and will play around with it a little more.

Yep, ATM is awesome... :mad:

If anyone comes up with a working config to prevent ATM from fiddling with the icon textures I'll include it with the download.

And as far as I can tell this is working fine with 1.0.4. I'll update the remote .version file and tell Kerbal Stuff that it's OK, that should let it show up on CKAN again. The same goes for the my other contract system addons. Let me know if anyone finds any bugs in 1.0.4.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong but the missions interface feels very clunky. You have to have MasterMission selected to be able to add contracts to other missions, and go into those other missions to remove a contract from them. There's no indication that a contract was put into a mission, and no way to see - at any time - what missions a contract is in.

I would personally prefer if - instead of just a simple "add this to a mission" or "remove from the current mission" interface, there was a "missions" button that would bring up a list of all missions with some indication of which missions this contract is in. Then I could click a mission to toggle the contract on or off for that mission.

Very cool mod though, don't get me wrong :) I've been away a while and the additions looks really sweet!

• 2 weeks later...
I see this and CapCom mentioned a lot - what is the difference between the two? And why 2 mods instead of 1 with options? (just asking the latter out of curiosity)

Capcom provides the functionality of the mission control center without having to switch back to the space center scene. It can technically be used to monitor active contracts, but it provides the least efficient and least effective way of doing so. The Capcom forum page has details on what it does and doesn't do.

Contracts Window + is only for monitoring active contracts. It is designed so that it can be on-screen all of the time; it is very compact, the size can easily be changed to show more or less information, and includes as much information about contracts as possible. It has many tools for grouping, managing, and ordering contracts, none of which can are found in the stock contract window.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong but the missions interface feels very clunky.

Agreed. I have in mind a few simple changes that should improve this.

Edited by DMagic

Hi. I installed your mod and went into KSP. The mod seems to be working correctly, but my "mission completed" button at the upper right now reads 0. I had 68 missions before.

Is this normal?

Same issue here. Love the mod, but it has the unfortunate side effect of deleting all messages from the notification window. I installed this mod, completed 2 contracts, and when I checked my inbox, it was 0. Had to go back to Mission Control archives to make sure they had completed correctly. I'll probably remove the mod for now, unless this can be fixed. If it's intentional, there should be an option to toggle this behavior on/off.

Same issue here. Love the mod, but it has the unfortunate side effect of deleting all messages from the notification window.

This appears to be a stock bug with anything that adds a scenario module. Once the module is added it no longer causes a reset, it's just the first time you load an existing save while adding a new module.

I have no idea why it would cause the notifications to reset, but it does. Just find any addon that uses a scenario module (used for storing save-file specific data), install and see.

So send any complaints about this to Squad, not me.

Version 5.3 is out; get it on Kerbal Stuff.

It improves the mission selection/creator window; it can now be accessed from any mission list, not just the master list. A checkmark icon indicates which mission the current contract is already added to, and the red x box can be used to remove the contract from that mission.

There are also a few minor performance improvements. Existing contract and mission list status will not be reset by this update, since no changes were made to the loading or storing of contract/missions states.

Another suggestion/request for this wonderful mod:

I noticed in the VAB that the "maintain stability for 10 seconds" is always green, as if the "current ship" is being tracked somehow. Would it be possible to turn green other contract clauses as you complete them? It'd be a nice way to see that the ship you're constructing will complete the contract. Obviously this wouldn't turn a "achieve a specific orbit around Jool" or anything like that, just the "build a probe with an antenna, power generation, and a thermometer" and stuff like that.

• 3 weeks later...
Another suggestion/request for this wonderful mod:

I noticed in the VAB that the "maintain stability for 10 seconds" is always green, as if the "current ship" is being tracked somehow. Would it be possible to turn green other contract clauses as you complete them? It'd be a nice way to see that the ship you're constructing will complete the contract. Obviously this wouldn't turn a "achieve a specific orbit around Jool" or anything like that, just the "build a probe with an antenna, power generation, and a thermometer" and stuff like that.

I'm guessing that particular contract parameter is active in the editor for some reason, so it's seeing that the vessel isn't moving. Doing something like that for other parameters, checking if the required parts or experiments are on board would be tricky. It would probably require a specific method for each parameter.

• 4 weeks later...

Would it be possible to add an option to "assign" contracts to a craft? It would make it so much easier to plan missions and tell at glance if a mission already has a craft en route. Also might help avoid forgotten experiments on things like satellite contracts.

Would it be possible to add an option to "assign" contracts to a craft? It would make it so much easier to plan missions and tell at glance if a mission already has a craft en route. Also might help avoid forgotten experiments on things like satellite contracts.

Missions are already assigned to craft, though there is no explicit interface or manual selection possible. You just have to add whichever contracts you want to that mission and Contracts Window + will handle it for you.

Each time you save while in flight or change from flight to the another scene it saves whichever mission is currently active. Then the next time you load that vessel it will automatically switch to that mission, or the default if the mission has been deleted or there is some problem.

Missions are already assigned to craft, though there is no explicit interface or manual selection possible. You just have to add whichever contracts you want to that mission and Contracts Window + will handle it for you.

Each time you save while in flight or change from flight to the another scene it saves whichever mission is currently active. Then the next time you load that vessel it will automatically switch to that mission, or the default if the mission has been deleted or there is some problem.

But this doesn't tell you what contracts you already have a craft enroute to, barring remembering everything you've launched (what if you take a break from KSP for a few weeks?), or a lot of back and forth between the tracking station and the VAB. I'd like a quick way to tell which missions I still need to build a craft for, while in the VAB, like having a line that says "Assigned to 'craft name'." or "No craft assigned" at the bottom of a contract description.

I use Kerbal construction time, I was also hoping for a way to assign contracts to a craft before it is even built.

Edited by Thorbane

But this doesn't tell you what contracts you already have a craft enroute to, barring remembering everything you've launched (what if you take a break from KSP for a few weeks?), or a lot of back and forth between the tracking station and the VAB. I'd like a quick way to tell which missions I still need to build a craft for, while in the VAB, like having a line that says "Assigned to 'craft name'." or "No craft assigned" at the bottom of a contract description.

I use Kerbal construction time, I was also hoping for a way to assign contracts to a craft before it is even built.

This sounds like something for a separate mod, some kind of notes that can be attached to each vessel. It would be nice to have explicit support for contracts (and science experiments, crew, etc...) to help in organizing notes for each vessel.

But this isn't something I would want to add here. There is already a lot of information packed into each contract element in the window, trying to stuff in more, or make each element take up more space isn't something I want to do.

And if you just want to assign contracts to a specific vessel, just make a mission list named after the vessel.

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.