[1.8.x] Contracts Window + [v9.4] [11/1/2019]

DMagic

Hey! :)

After a survey contract near KSC, I received a mission "near (vehicle I'd just used)" to locate "observational inconsistencies."

On reaching the given location and conducting the test (EVA report), the contract updates with a new location. CW+ doesn't update it until I return to the KSC scene.

Mods installed: Contracts Window+, CapCom, and [x]Science.

Version 5.5 is out; get it on [URL="https://beta.kerbalstuff.com/mod/99"]Kerbal Stuff[/URL].

This is a minor update, it just adds the ability to add new contract parameters as soon as they are generated. This should work for any contract type that adds new parameters after completing old ones, as some of the stock survey contracts do. Edited by DMagic

• 3 weeks later...
Just now, linuxgurugamer said:

Hi,

Just a minor quibble:  Sometimes it seems to be assumed that a mission be manned, yet isn't shown in the contracts+ window.  so I've had the experience of doing everything to fulflil the contract, but it doesn't, because it was supposed to be manned

You mean that a contract requires the vessel to be manned, but doesn't indicate as such in either the notes or contract parameters?

Which contract type is this? I suppose I could add some kind of flag to indicate manned or unmanned, though I would rather that the contracts just indicate this themselves.

2 hours ago, DMagic said:

You mean that a contract requires the vessel to be manned, but doesn't indicate as such in either the notes or contract parameters?

Which contract type is this? I suppose I could add some kind of flag to indicate manned or unmanned, though I would rather that the contracts just indicate this themselves.

That is correct.

I'm at work now, will take a look at this when I get home to see if I can give you an example.

Some sort of flag (even an icon of a kerbal with a stop over it or not) would be useful.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/19/2016 at 1:51 PM, Probus said:

I love this mod @DMagic.  Never play without it in my career games, but I have a 4K monitor now.  Is there anyway of talking you into having an ever larger font than the one the mod already supplies?

One or two more window sizes should be possible. I've already tested a third window size (each increase in window size increases the font by 2) and it seems to work OK without any other changes. Simply making the window resize button cycle through each size works well enough.

I've also been experimenting with adding additional information to the contract notes:

M9BotrY.png

These notes specify which parts are acceptable for certain contract parameters. If anyone has suggestions for other parameters that could use some more clarification I can see about adding support for those. It only really works for stock contracts, anything from another mod can be very complicated to handle.

Edited by DMagic

4 hours ago, DMagic said:

One or two more window sizes should be possible. I've already tested a third window size (each increase in window size increases the font by 2) and it seems to work OK without any other changes. Simply making the window resize button cycle through each size works well enough.

I've also been experimenting with adding additional information to the contract notes:

These notes specify which parts are acceptable for certain contract parameters. If anyone has suggestions for other parameters that could use some more clarification I can see about adding support for those. It only really works for stock contracts, anything from another mod can be very complicated to handle.

Thanks a bunch @DMagic!

On 22/11/2015 at 8:28 PM, DMagic said:

Version 5.5 is out; get it on Kerbal Stuff.

This is a minor update, it just adds the ability to add new contract parameters as soon as they are generated. This should work for any contract type that adds new parameters after completing old ones, as some of the stock survey contracts do.

Hi, Congratulation for this nice mod !

I was thingking about such a feature, but I was wondering if it would be possible to ADD not contracts but "objectives" to a mission. objective wouold be only texts without logic behind.

The, the fabulous feature would be to link actual ships to missions. Those ships would be trying to fulfill all the contracts.

Then finally, in the tracking station, you could locate ships by mission.

Would those features (or part of them) be possible ?

10 hours ago, Warzouz said:

I was thinking about such a feature, but I was wondering if it would be possible to ADD not contracts but "objectives" to a mission. objective would be only texts without logic behind.

The, the fabulous feature would be to link actual ships to missions. Those ships would be trying to fulfill all the contracts.

Then finally, in the tracking station, you could locate ships by mission.

Would those features (or part of them) be possible ?

Not for Contracts Window +, but they would work great for another mod (:wink::wink::wink:).

I try to keep this focused on contracts, though I do have one addition coming that's not strictly related to contracts - a progress reward tracker - something to improve upon the current method of keeping track of progress rewards (not deleting the blue icon message...). But that actually fits in very nicely with the current setup.

Version 6.0 is out; get it on Kerbal Stuff.

This version has a new progress node tracker (which is present in a separate folder from ContractsWindow - GameData/ProgressParser - as it is intended to be used with other addons), it stores data about each progress node's rewards and completion information.

Completed Progress Nodes can be viewed by clicking on the contract mission title bar at the top of the window.

There is also a third window size option, and custom notes added for certain stock contracts that specify which available parts will satisfy certain contract requirements; these notes are only displayed in the Space Center and Editor scenes.

Progress Tracking:

xVEgs9h.png

CKAN should be working now.

For the next update I'll probably change the folder structure around for this and CapCom so that it's more clear that they share resources; the current solution with two separate folders is not ideal.

Question:

I've noticed if I hide a bunch of contracts in my "All contracts" window, their "hidden" state doesn't persist after exiting and re-loading KSP.  Is this a bug, or by design?

Comments:

I like to assign planet-specific contracts to their own missions, and let the short-term, miscellaneous contracts queue up in my main "All contracts" list.  To accomplish this I manually hide individual contracts after assigning them to missions.  It's a bit tedious, and becomes a mess again the next time I load KSP.  Am I trying to use the plugin in an unintended manner?

It would be SUPER if there was a way to list "Unassigned" contracts.  e.g. The existing "Show Hidden Contracts" / "Show Standard Contracts" toggle could be changed to a tri-state toggle (Standard / Hidden / Unassigned).  In fact that button could be eliminated altogether and the new clickable title used to toggle between the different options.

Just my two cents.  In any case, thanks for a great plugin

7 hours ago, Fwiffo said:

Question:

I've noticed if I hide a bunch of contracts in my "All contracts" window, their "hidden" state doesn't persist after exiting and re-loading KSP.  Is this a bug, or by design?

That shouldn't happen. Is there a delay from when the scene loads to when the contracts appear in the window? Usually this happens when there is some error while loading contracts, or, maybe, if there are so many contracts that KSP takes too long to load them, though I don't think this is possible.

7 hours ago, Fwiffo said:

Comments:

I like to assign planet-specific contracts to their own missions, and let the short-term, miscellaneous contracts queue up in my main "All contracts" list.  To accomplish this I manually hide individual contracts after assigning them to missions.  It's a bit tedious, and becomes a mess again the next time I load KSP.  Am I trying to use the plugin in an unintended manner?

It would be SUPER if there was a way to list "Unassigned" contracts.  e.g. The existing "Show Hidden Contracts" / "Show Standard Contracts" toggle could be changed to a tri-state toggle (Standard / Hidden / Unassigned).  In fact that button could be eliminated altogether and the new clickable title used to toggle between the different options.

Just my two cents.  In any case, thanks for a great plugin

Hmm. Something like that might be feasible. Though for now you could just make another mission called "Unassigned" and put them there.

On 2/6/2016 at 2:19 PM, DMagic said:

That shouldn't happen. Is there a delay from when the scene loads to when the contracts appear in the window?

Maybe?  I'm sure I'm clear what you mean by "delay".  Do you mean an empty Contracts+ window appears and hangs around for a few beats, then populates?  Or do you mean the scene loads with no Contracts+ window at all, and it takes time for it to be shown?

Found out some additional (if unhelpful) info today.  I thought the behavior was consistent, but turns out sometimes the hidden ones are remembered between sessions.  I'm using Malah's QuickStart and QuickGoto mods, among others (wonder if that might impact it), and I have about 21 contracts accepted.  Will have to do some more troubleshooting to try and poinpoint the cause / circumstances that trigger.  Is there anything I can look out for in the log files when I recreate the issue?

One other thing - not sure if it's relevant.  Once upon a time I did notice that on occasion I had two Contracts+ buttons on my stock toolbar.  It only happened sometimes, and didn't seem to cause anything terrible to occur, so I just ignored.  Hasn't been happening lately.

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.

In one of my must have mods (like all dmagic mods) - i only play career with maximum contracts -

it would be nice if it have tabs for each planet/contract type for better overview.

Also in CapCom it would be nice.

Edited by Jansn67

On 2/7/2016 at 6:13 PM, Fwiffo said:

One other thing - not sure if it's relevant.  Once upon a time I did notice that on occasion I had two Contracts+ buttons on my stock toolbar.  It only happened sometimes, and didn't seem to cause anything terrible to occur, so I just ignored.  Hasn't been happening lately.

Following up, I noticed it happen today, in the VAB.  I was using Quick Start, with the option to go straight to the VAB after the game loads.  I suspect that might be what caused it.  Having two icons did not appear to screw up my hidden missions.

Edited by Fwiffo

23 hours ago, Jansn67 said:

In one of my must have mods (like all dmagic mods) - i only play career with maximum contracts -

it would be nice if it have tabs for each planet/contract type for better overview.

Also in CapCom it would be nice.

You can sort contracts by type and planet. Then you can arrange them into missions however you want.

There are some inherent limitations though. Contracts have no universal method for designating a target planet, and some have multiple targets, or none at all, so there will always be situations where a contract can't be properly assigned to a certain planet. And Contract Configurator contracts are all sub-types of one parent type. So they will all get lumped together. Getting around this can be a bit of a pain.

10 hours ago, Fwiffo said:

Following up, I noticed it happen today, in the VAB.  I was using Quick Start, with the option to go straight to the VAB after the game loads.  I suspect that might be what caused it.  Having two icons did not appear to screw up my hidden missions.

I always recommend staying away from any type of quick start or load mod. Malah's Quick Start takes some measures to make sure things are initialized properly when skipping the Space Center, but in general I think those are a bad idea (outside of mod development, where you might want to load into a specific file as quickly as possible).

5 hours ago, DMagic said:

I always recommend staying away from any type of quick start or load mod. Malah's Quick Start takes some measures to make sure things are initialized properly when skipping the Space Center, but in general I think those are a bad idea

That's a shame.  Totally understand where you're coming from, although I've been lucky enough to have been using it regularly for a long time now and it hasn't caused me any other problems that I've noticed so far with any of my other mods.  Unfortunately I reload KSP a lot for troubleshooting, reloading welded parts, performance reasons, etc.  Don't blame you if you don't want to touch this "non-bug", but let me know if I can send a donation your way or something to take a crack at it ;-).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.