Randomly Generated Kerbin?

I've just got started on Kerbal Space Program, but looking around I see there's quite a few 'old pros' out there now. Folks who've been playing this for quite some time. They know every nook and cranny of the Mun, Minmus, Kerbal, and all the rest.

That's fine and good for them, but I fear that I'll know every inch of Kerbin myself by the time the game is finally 'released'.

I'm both wondering if and suggesting a remake of Kerbin before release, or as I began to type this a procedural generated Kerbin. That way, while the planet is very similar the actual biomes of the planet would be different. ... Of course, then the thought went to that each planet could go that rout.

So, Suggestion, Question... Either/Both?

The devs have indicated before that they didn't have much interest in randomizing the solar system at all. However, they'd talked about having other solar systems potentially be somewhat randomized. But the reason they want all the planets we have now(and any future planets or planetoids) to be as they are is 'cause it creates focal points for communal experiences. Or something like that. Basically, we've all launched our first rocket and many of us had it explode. We've all tried to get to the mun and some of us succeeded. At some point, all of us are going to go to duna or moho or jool and so on and we'll be able to relate to each other very specifically because the planet's always the same distance, the gravities are always the same and what-not.

But there was talk quite a while ago about faster than light travel or warp drives....and the ability to jump to other systems far beyond Kerbol. I think it was hypothesized that those would be randomized to an extent...because that would be the deep unknown.

Granted, that was...I think Harvester just thinking out loud about something he could see happening in the far distant future for KSP. I think they've pretty much canned that idea for the time being, so don't go looking forward to it or anything. Like those resources...I want them still so bad T_T

Anyways, I think it's fine that some people know every inch of every planet, moon and whatever else might be out there. I also think it's fine that someday before release, I may well know the entire planet of kerbin like the back of my hand(though that's unlikely for me >.> ). You could always do what some people do and just not play until the game's more feature complete. I know I'm still holding off(kinda) until career mode's just a little more fleshed out.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.