Devnote Tuesdays: The "Can't Spell Kerbal without K" Edition

SQUAD

Programming isn't that hard to learn, especially C#. Composition on the other hand, is quite a talent.

Programming is easy to learn, hard to perfect and create something amazing.

I can compose a musical piece with one note. To create something wonderful is much harder.

Please don't belittle others, and especially never make yourself look silly doing so. You clearly don't have much of an idea, because there's far easier languages than C#.

Gliders? Pfft. We need ROCKET MOTORS!!!11!1 Cue the HypeRocketPlaneTrainComboThingamajig!

Just the HypeTrain, I'm afraid. I'll ask my manager if I can add a few hundred moar rocket motors on the brakevan/caboose. I once tried making the HypeTrain fly, and it was the biggest disaster in Hype History. Literally. I destroyed three stars on the testflight.

HypePower is not well suited to the air, and HypeBuses can't carry as much passengers or go as fast. Don't even get me started on HypeBoats. They waste all that Hype just to move across the water.

Really, a HypeTrain is the only proper Hype transportation.

A HypeGlider, meanwhile, is impossible. You'd need an entire planetfull of lifeforms to all be hyped about the same thing for there to be enough Hype to glide a HypeGlider through Quantum Foam thrust effects. Not to mention how badly HypePower works in the air.

With the whole thing about spaceplane plus, will it replace any existing parts? And will I be able to use craft that used the old parts in construction?

They said the Spaceplane plus part analogues would replace the existing parts in craft files and parts which don't have comparisons will be left and touched up further down the road. It's in the most recent squadcast at around 20 minutes.

Dev notes with actual notes about development?

Colour me shocked (and happy)

Glad we have stopped the Tuesday roll call and started getting info on development...

good sir, you are late to that party but we are mere hours from another devnote celebration.

Let us hope it is up to a similar caliber.

Well, if everyone could handle watching the development's every step and live with subjectively exciting things getting changed to other subjectively less/differently exciting things, we might have loads of information every week. :P:wink:

Here's an article on the increasing gulf between devs and gamers. KSP and Squad is upheld as an example of a good relationship. Long may it continue!

http://www.newstatesman.com/culture/2014/08/yes-gamers-are-angry-why-wouldn-t-they-be-when-games-industry-hates-them

That article is a good read, thanks for sharing it.

The devnotes don't get posted until pretty late in the day. Be patient, they probably write them on Tuesdays, so it's not like they'd be ready and available to post at 12:01am Tuesday. Trust that they'll be posted when they're ready :).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.