help please

dtoxic

i did not know where to ask for help so ill post it here sorry if its the wrong thread

i have a problem with recovering a vessel i;am running ksp 0.24.2 x32 with many mods on windows 7 sp1 x64

here is the problem in career mode

[ProtoCrewMember Warning]: Crewmember Jebediah Kerman found inside a part but status is set as missing. Vessel must have failed to save earlier. Restoring assigned status

this is the problem i get and i cant recover the vessel i just says how much reputation i get and that jeb is recovered (the vessel is not recovered no science no parts no funds) but in tracking station afterwards the vessel is still there (splashed on kerbin) and jeb too here is the complete output log if someone can make sens of it and find whats causing the error

https://www.dropbox.com/s/d8h7exlip7mqjbu/output_log1.rar

thx

Yep, same issue that I am having, glad im not the only one with this issue. Cannot figure out a fix.

are you too running mods? does it happen for you at random or when you do something specific? for me it seems its random i cant reproduce it,maybe its ksp bug and not mods

Well, at first it seemed random. Usually when I landed at Minmus and tried to come back. I would also have an issue when I went EVA and my kerbals would freeze. Then the issue started all the time. I started taking out mods, start a new game, jump in a ship and splash down by the control center. Every single time I tried to recover, this issue would happen. I would go back to the main screen, but no rep, no science, no funds added. Then you go into the commsat station and try to recover there, nothing happens and that same page pops up after a finished mission, but again, no rep, science, etc. I just did a fresh install, downloaded the mods I dont want to live without lol (went from like 60 files to like 30), and so far so good

Sorry, I do not know what caused it. I had to clear everything out and start over with the bare min main mods, that was the best way. With so many mods, there could have been one that over wrote another, and some mods have more than 1 main folder, so it was impossible for me to take out each and every one... sorry, but hey, my game is working good now lol

well i found a workaround for the problem when recovering a vessel fails go to tracking station and select the vessel not from the list but from the map view and then recover it for me it works every single time

well i found a workaround for the problem when recovering a vessel fails go to tracking station and select the vessel not from the list but from the map view and then recover it for me it works every single time

Im glad it worked for you. I tried that work around as well, no luck lol. Happy flying

Im glad it worked for you. I tried that work around as well, no luck lol. Happy flying

hey i think i found the problem what was causing the issue (treeloader.dll version 1.1.5) i replaced it with older version 1.1.3 and so far i did not have a single issue

could you please confirm my findings if you have the time (right click on treeloader.dll and go to the details tab to see the version) if its 1.1.5 try replacing it with 1.1.3 and see if the issue persists though you will have to start a new game cause i think the issue is also linked to the tech tree

thx

No, I wont be able to. I have completely wiped my mod folder and started fresh, and with different mods. I wont be able to exactly duplicate what was happening. But I will def keep this in mind if I start having issues later on!

ok btw you don't need to replicate exact same mods just check what version of treeloader.dll you have now so you can replace it with new/old version if the issue comes back

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.