[WIP] Planet Randomizer 0.2.4 (2014-09-21)

metaphor

Whoops, that is indeed a bug on my end. Shouldn't take long to fix it.

Still really appreciate all the work you put into this. By the way... is there any convenient way to give laymen a way to adapt the mod a bit? I preferred the chance of having a light or heavy Kerbin, personally. Speaking of, also big thanks for making previous versions available :D

EDIT:

Also, there may be a few bugs with the most recent release:

http://i.imgur.com/k8OP9yi.jpg

Edited by Sattorin

Still really appreciate all the work you put into this. By the way... is there any convenient way to give laymen a way to adapt the mod a bit? I preferred the chance of having a light or heavy Kerbin, personally. Speaking of, also big thanks for making previous versions available :D

EDIT:

Also, there may be a few bugs with the most recent release:

http://i.imgur.com/k8OP9yi.jpg

Huh. Yeah I'll probably do away with the random seed thing and allow customizable settings in the next version.

Okay, if this has been discussed already I apologize, but I got a bit of inspiration. I was looking at the animations on the first few pages and got to thinking, if you could define a new planet with a very high mass but with zero size/collision, then technically you could set up situations where two bodies are orbiting a central point, or where a larger body is wobbling due to the pull of a smaller body in a wider orbit. The SOI of this new "null planet" (just made that up) would still have a planetary name designated to it, which could simply be in the format of "-name of larger body- / -name of smaller body- system" in which you would then need to transfer to one of the other bodies' SOIs. Those two or more bodies would then, technically, be moons of a "null planet" much like new stars are, in reality, very far-orbiting planets that just so happen to share the visual parameters of a star.

For my regular disclaimer, see my signature area below. It's very appropriate for this post.

First off, let me compliment you on creating this amazing mod. It's the sole reason for me returning to KSP. Second, I have a question. Is there any way to change the SOIs of a body to avoid, say, having small moons possessing x10 the SOI of their parent when they're x10 smaller? Currently, the SOIs just randomly change depending on where I have them in the system.

First off, let me compliment you on creating this amazing mod. It's the sole reason for me returning to KSP. Second, I have a question. Is there any way to change the SOIs of a body to avoid, say, having small moons possessing x10 the SOI of their parent when they're x10 smaller? Currently, the SOIs just randomly change depending on where I have them in the system.

Thanks, I'm glad you like it!

I'm not sure what problem you're describing though. Could you provide a little more info? The SOIs should be automatically calculated using mass and distance from the primary.

Thanks, I'm glad you like it!

I'm not sure what problem you're describing though. Could you provide a little more info? The SOIs should be automatically calculated using mass and distance from the primary.

I'm editing the configs for the save so it's a custom system. My problem is, the SOIs of the a few moons I've created (particularly the ones furthest away from the primary) are so large they're overlapping and cause some problems. However, now that you mention mass is a factor, I will try editing that and see if it fixes the SOIs of the bodies so they are a bit more realistic :)

EDIT: It worked, but now the gravity is out of whack everywhere!

Edited by swiftgates24

No idea... But actually, I don't think seeds transfer between clients anyway.

Actually they should if it's the same version of the mod. Anyway, I'm moving away from seeds for the next version, since it's not possible to have them with configurable settings.

That update sounds like it's gonna be pretty cool...

I can't wait to have Alternis Kerbol, .25 compatible! [disclaimer: Alternis Kerbol is not .25 compatible and that is a pun relating to this mod.]

Actually they should if it's the same version of the mod. Anyway, I'm moving away from seeds for the next version, since it's not possible to have them with configurable settings.

Well that's cool. Though I can never remember what version I'm running at any given time...

Also, I can't tell you how psyched I am for the next update :D

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I was using it up till 1.0.5 with a couple of differnt planet packs never that one though. But I would give it try.

As a side any chance of this being risen and recompiled for 1.1 when 1.1 is complete