[WIP] Vostok-1 (Merged into Salyut/Soyuz pack)

raidernick

This mod has been merged into my Salyut/Soyuz pack

Visit the Development thread HERE

Visit the Releases thread HERE

Up next is vostok-1. This package will include the vostok R7 rocket, vostok-1 and internal.

I am planning to replace the current R7 models in my mod packs with this one as I think it looks much nicer.

Features:

-Fold out antennas

-Custom sounds

-Full internal

-Landing independent of command pod

Dependencies:

-VNG parachutes for kerbals. This will be required as kerbal will have to eject from command pod and parachute down for landing.

License:

Cc-GPL.png

This license does not cover mod packs. Putting my work into a mod pack is prohibited.

Credits:

Original Models by Slavutinsky Victor

Edited by diomedea
corrected link to Imgur album

WOW!, she shure is a beauty!

For some unknown reason i like the looks of the soviet spaceships in general.

Maybe because they are beautiful by they function: simple but effective yet in some way good looking.

• 1 month later...
This is currently on hold semi-indefinitely. I may or may not ever do it. I DEFINITELY won't do it until all of my other mods reach a v1.0 status. This is because a mod like this already exists there is no real rush.

AHH ok sounds good. I would like to see your version of this however. It would be nice to have a collection of mods from one modder instead of 5. I mean I like the R7 but to have 3 versions in my gamedata folder seems unnecessary. However I totally understand. Keep up the amazing work.

Also where are those launch clamps you made I can't seem to find them anywhere.

it still works

Just FYI Space Factory Vostok looks great on your rockets. It def doesn't look right on Bobcats. Maybe talk to Mrthebull and combine efforts because your rockets def look better and bobcat isn't coming back anytime soon.

RjtsQBn.png

hoBGyRv.png

Yes the antiqued SF Vostok does work fine and looks good with your launcher kit. It would be however really nice to see this updated to your more superior modeling. Also a thought, you have VNG listed as a dependency, the real world Vostok ejection system worked similar to a fighter jet, seat/pilot/parachute were thrown out the door. Would it be possible to create that as the root part of the vessel and therefore remove the need for VNG.

• 1 month later...

Am doing a Historical KSP as a series on my channel and i only know 1 vostok mod and the first one had a IVA but the control panels were screwed up and was bright and Really glossy and the second one was vostok 2 but had the mk1-3 IVA and parachute so i CAN'T WAIT TILL THIS MOD IS FINISHED!!:D >:D MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Also you know VNG will not be required if you make it like how the ORIGINAL vostok(s) were cause theres was a seat that came out like a fighter jet seat(R.I.P that one mod)cause there was a hatch that would BLAST open then rocket motors on the seat would blow the seat out then a parachute deployed then yuri glided down to the surface

Also you know VNG will not be required if you make it like how the ORIGINAL vostok(s) were cause theres was a seat that came out like a fighter jet seat(R.I.P that one mod)cause there was a hatch that would BLAST open then rocket motors on the seat would blow the seat out then a parachute deployed then yuri glided down to the surface

except that is impossible with how ksp and internals work. I know how it worked in reality but that is not possible ingame. It doesn't matter though as I've stated several times already I am not going to be doing this so I don't know why it's still being discussed. I dropped the project a while ago.

EDIT:

This mod has been merged into my Salyut/Soyuz pack

Visit the Development thread HERE

Visit the Releases thread HERE

Edited by raidernick