[WIP] Hover craft

flywlyx

DlCOnKw.jpg

Hover Craft

test ver 0.2

Hovering height, max-force and damping ratio is control by right click menu, all engines share same settings.

Consume ElectricCharge and efficiency could be modified by CFG file.

This engine will cast a ray to its pointing direction to calculate distance and apply force.

Bug reports and suggestions are welcome.

Download

Edited by flywlyx

I havnt checked your source so dont know if you are using lo-fis hover mechanic as a base ^^ But you managaed to get it over the water ? :D

It works with raycast, and on ocean planet it will work with altitude at the same time.

• 4 weeks later...
Would it be possible to make a switch whereby it only works in atmosphere? for realistic hovercrafts that won't work on the mun.

this is a horrible suggestion.

hover engines aren't necessarily spinning blade fans pushing air. really, what's the point of having it not work in a vacuum? you could just choose to not use it in vacuum.

Would it be possible to make a switch whereby it only works in atmosphere? for realistic hovercrafts that won't work on the mun.

y2Cv1I5.png

It could, I was planing a hover craft in the beginning ,soon I noticed that hover craft has tooooooooooooooooo many limitations, so I change my idea to make something more advanced.

Edited by flywlyx

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.