[1.0.4] ESLD Jump Beacons - [Dev 0.6a]

TMarkos

Just now, Luxord52 said:

Well, that's the sign for me to take a kick in the ass and get those models out. I'll do my best for this next weekend, but it is the end of the college semester, so I may not quite have enough time.

I know, right? I'd be tempted to bite the bullet and do it this weekend without those mods but I have a paper I need to start writing...

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry guys, I broke my dev environment doing an update. The struggles of compiling for .NET on a Mac... I downloaded Visual Studio for my Windows computer at the office so I'll try compiling there during my break tomorrow.

UPDATE:

I've got it compiling again, and it throws no errors on loading into KSP. Unfortunately, it seems Unity 5 has broken the entire user interface. This might take me a while to sort out while I learn how UIs work. The internal workings shouldn't have any problems, so once I get the UI sorted out we'll be good to go. I did have to cut out the part of the post-jump orbit prediction that indicates direction because of changes to the orbit renderer, though. But AMUs are really the way to go... :P

Edited by Booots
Update

UPDATE 2:

It works! :D Thanks to the brilliant modding community I got the UI sorted out. Mostly. The AppLauncher button creates a new copy of itself on every flight scene load, but as far as problems go, that seems to be minor. I'll get that fixed by the time the colliders get fixed (thanks for looking at those @Luxord52!) and we'll be on our feet again! 

• 3 weeks later...

Since Luxord52 hasn't been on the forums in a while I tried my hand at fixing the collision meshes and it went... marginally well. I did succeed in getting the .mu file exported with a new collision mesh, and it does load into KSP. But my noob-ness with Unity is showing in that there are a few new bugs to fix. But progress is being made! Thanks for hanging in there, we'll have a release soon(tm)!

Here we go! A patch for KSP 1.1.2 finally!

Get it here: https://github.com/DBooots/ESLDBeacons/releases/tag/v0.7-alpha

This is my first time using github so please let me know if I broke something putting it into a zip. Also, this is my first time releasing something on these forums so let me know if I've accidentally broken any rules. Of course, credit goes to those who worked on this mod before me: @TMarkos and @Kerbas_ad_astra.

Known bugs:

• Jump orbit predictions do not appear (disabled until I figure out how to use the new orbit renderer).
  • Beacon emissives and animations do not work (because I'm new to Unity).
  • Some NREs in the log to do with animations (because the aforementioned animations are broken).

Changelog:

Spoiler
  • Fix GUI to work with KSP's change to Unity v5.
  • Fix collider meshes on beacons.
    • Textures changed to .tga because that's the only way I could get Unity to build the .mu files. Switch back to .dds at your own risk.
  • Simplify collider mesh and visual mesh of the tanks to improve performance.
  • Partially implement the ability to define new beacons via .cfg's.

Should I make a new thread while I'm maintaining this?

Edited by Booots
Put changelog in a spoiler

3 hours ago, Booots said:

Should I make a new thread while I'm maintaining this?

Yea, go make a maintenance thread, and leave a post here about it.

Sorry for disappearing, been finishing out high school and things piled up on me. I'm really glad you guys got the models working, I could load them into Unity, but PartsTools just would not work for me. :huh:

I'll try and muck around with creating a star to star beacon model/cfg. If anyone has any input for stylistic choices/warp costs, drop it in the new thread and I'll keep you guys posted.

3 hours ago, Booots said:

Here we go! A patch for KSP 1.1.2 finally!

Get it here: https://github.com/DBooots/ESLDBeacons/releases/tag/v0.7-alpha

This is my first time using github so please let me know if I broke something putting it into a zip. Also, this is my first time releasing something on these forums so let me know if I've accidentally broken any rules. Of course, credit goes to those who worked on this mod before me: @TMarkos and @Kerbas_ad_astra.

Known bugs:

• Jump orbit predictions do not appear (disabled until I figure out how to use the new orbit renderer).
  • Beacon emissives and animations do not work (because I'm new to Unity).
  • Some NREs in the log to do with animations (because the aforementioned animations are broken).

Probably need to mention a license.

A new thread would be nice.

Thanks for doing this.:)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

none of the fuel tanks actually exist in the game for me. i checked in the files what science i need to unlock them, theyre not in there. i typed in the name in the search function in the vab, still nothing. basicly, if i wanna mine karborundum to power one of my beacons, i need to send out a ship with a beacon on it, because thats the only method i have to transport karborundum.

edit: oh for christ sake how do i always manage to write in the thread for outdated versions

Edited by Joshinken

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.