[1.0.4] BoxSat vA.02f - Updated 09/16/2015

DasPenguin85

Which days & time are you more likely to watch a BoxSat development stream on Twitch?  

125 members have voted

1. 1. Which days & time are you more likely to watch a BoxSat development stream on Twitch?

• Day: Friday
    • Day: Saturday
    • Day: Sunday
    • Time: Afternoon
    • Time: Evening

5MgG1aJ.png

Presenting the latest in modular satellite technology!

Javascript is disabled. View full album

YouTube instructional video coming soon!

Kerbal CurseForge Download

This mod was made in our spare time, we appreciate any contributions

btn_donate_LG.gif

Details:

This mod was built to be compatible with MechJeb2, Kerbal Inventory System (KIS), & RemoteTech2. However, these mods are not required to use the parts included in this pack.

So what's special about this mod? This mod adds a satellite that, when used with KIS, can be changed and modified after it has been launched!

Current parts list:

-Frame

Frame Modules:

-Probe Core

-Batteries

-Monopropellant Tanks

-Liquid Fuel & Oxidizer Tanks

-Reaction Wheels

-Maintenance Cover “Hatchâ€Â

-Fixed Solar Panel

-Folding 1x3 Solar Panel

-Corner-mount RCS Tri

Communications Equipment (RT2 supported)

-Single tape antenna

-Quad tape antenna

-Hinged offset dish antenna

Science Modules:

-Thermometer

-Accelerometer

-Barometer

-Gravioli detector

Parts planned for next update (soonâ„¢):

**Planning phase

Credits:

Part configuration, Unity implementation, and original concept by Don “Orcmaul†H.

Models, textures, animations, and art design by James “DasPenguin†V.M.

Known Issues:

-Hatch mounted backwards when attached using Kerbal Inventory System.

-Normal maps on a few parts accidentally included text labels.

Change Log:

Alpha.02f 09/16/2015

-Updated for KSP 1.0.4.

-Removed thermal mass adjustments.

Alpha.02e 05/09/2015

-Updated for KSP 1.0.2.

-Updated MM cfgs to use NEEDS.

-Adjusted center of mass on all parts for better balance.

-Removed two prototype parts that were problematic.

Alpha.02d 01/13/2015

-Fix missing Propellant node in prototype LFO engine part.

-Added stack node to dipole antenna.

-Added prototype quad frame part and MM cfg for rcs stack nodes.

Alpha.02c 12/24/2014

-Update for KSP 0.90.

-Add SASservicelevel 1 to probe core part.

-Remove SAS module from reaction wheel part.

-Add prototype parts.

Alpha.02b 10/12/2014

-Update for KSP 0.25 (fix texture glitch with scienece and antenna parts).

-Change all textures to .PNGs for disk and memory savings.

-Boost Remotetech antenna range for tape antennas (old values file has stats from previous version).

-Increase fuel/oxidizer capacity of LFO module.

-add entryCost for all parts.

-fix description for MP and LFO modules.

-add MM config for Kerbal Engineer v1.0.

Alpha.02a 09/01/2014

-Fixed RemoteTech config to make tape antennas omni

Alpha.02 09/01/2014

-Added 4 science parts and 3 antennas

-Fixed RCS tri name

-Moved mod compatibility to module manager configs

-Added module manager configs for tweak scale, kerbal engineer, and kOS

Alpha.01 08/23/2014

-Initial Release

License:

All Rights Reserved.

Edited by DasPenguin85
Updated mod to 1.0.4

I will put that on the to-do list :)

I originally just painted it for the banner. However, if enough people want an actual KHAUL box to play with, I can consider adding one!

Lol, we make a neat thing and people want to play with the box it comes in. :D

Good times.

Checked the mod. Everything's really nice. It need either ActiveTextureManager or low-res textures. For, now 53Mb for a small satellite is too much, imho.

And, probably, would be better to add modules (like mechjeb, rt2 support) via separate MM patches( with dependency checks). The core configs must be purely for stock usage.

Edited by Horus

Out of curiosity, in regards to Remote tech, how many antennas are included in the packages? (say if using it to setup a relay network)

Seems that only sat core has basic omni antenna with 3k range. Hope that some similar style antennae will be added later. But for now - antennae from some other mods can be used.

Checked the mod. Everything's really nice. It need either ActiveTextureManager or low-res textures. For, now 53Mb for a small satellite is too much, imho.

And, probably, would be better to add modules (like mechjeb, rt2 support) via separate MM patches( with dependency checks). The core configs must be purely for stock usage.

Thanks for the feedback, I'll look into some reduced textures for folks who need them, and I'll pass on the code notes to orcmaul.

I like it! I've been making home made box sats (with panels, and Infernal robotics) for a while, this looks handy!

Out of curiosity, in regards to Remote tech, how many antennas are included in the packages? (say if using it to setup a relay network)

The antennas will be included in Alpha.02 (A.02) - soonâ„¢, for now I would recommend using the antennas that come with RT2 :)

What kinds of antennas should we be looking at? They'd obviously need to be compact to fit with the existing parts. I've got some notes about a folding rod omni antenna, a telescoping metal tape omni antenna, a flat patch antenna, an a hinged dish antenna. I don't know if all of those would get made but those were the ones that came to mind. Anything in particular that people would like to see antenna-wise?

Btw. since there's a LFO module - would be nice to have a tiny engine of the same style. Similar to tiny engines from AIES mod.

I should have mentioned that if you use the RCS blocks that come with BoxSat, they act as engines, so all you need to do is throttle up. However, LFO engines will be in a future update. I know there's a very small LFO engine in the stock parts, and it should attach to the bottom node of the frame, but I haven't tested that yet.

I should have mentioned that if you use the RCS blocks that come with BoxSat, they act as engines, so all you need to do is throttle up. However, LFO engines will be in a future update. I know there's a very small LFO engine in the stock parts, and it should attach to the bottom node of the frame, but I haven't tested that yet.

Disclaimer: MechJeb is required for RCS using engine throttle functionality.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.