[1.0.4] BoxSat vA.02f - Updated 09/16/2015

DasPenguin85

Which days & time are you more likely to watch a BoxSat development stream on Twitch?  

125 members have voted

1. 1. Which days & time are you more likely to watch a BoxSat development stream on Twitch?

• Day: Friday
    • Day: Saturday
    • Day: Sunday
    • Time: Afternoon
    • Time: Evening

It would be cool to have the MapTraQ part from ScanSat, the default part for scansat is really ugly and massive compared to the CubeSat. Can we have this pleeeeaaassseee? *puppy eyes*

Here is a modulemanager config that adds MapTraq to the tape antennas. I'm not sure if this will be a permanent addition to the mod but it'll get you started. As far as a MapTraq part we may make some antennas in the future that are better suited to officially include MapTraq functionality.

@PART[Antenna_Tape1]
{
MODULE
{
name = SCANsat
sensorType = 0
fov = 0
min_alt = 0
max_alt = 0
best_alt = 0
power = 0.05
scanName = Eyeball Scan
}
}
@PART[Antenna_Tape2]
{
MODULE
{
name = SCANsat
sensorType = 0
fov = 0
min_alt = 0
max_alt = 0
best_alt = 0
power = 0.05
scanName = Eyeball Scan
}
}

@orcmaul Don't know what really good that does guess it will work so maybe those that run ScanSat 6 can bring up the map but if they have ScanScat 7 DEV that don't do anything you can bring up the map all the time anytime.

EDIT- If you want to make this be scanscanners and as the Karbonite Scan https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/72893034/Antenna_Tape1%262_ScanScat.cfg.zip

Edited by Mecripp2

That could be my bad after seen your post looked in my install and seen, I'm still running

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleCommand],!MODULE[sCANsat]]:Final

{

MODULE

{

name = SCANsat

sensorType = 0

fov = 0

min_alt = 0

max_alt = 0

best_alt = 0

power = 0.05

}

}

don't know how it attached to the part, I checked but thought they said they done away with it, It's still in the part's to keep from breaking save's will check it again with out my MM

running.

EDIT- Didn't thing about it, I also run ProbeControlRoom mod which tie's to all parts and looks like it might use MapTraq to use with RPM's ( MY BAD SORRY ) should have tested it with test install.

Edited by Mecripp2

That could be my bad after seen your post looked in my install and seen, I'm still running don't know how it attached to the part, I checked but thought they said they done away with it, It's still in the part's to keep from breaking save's will check it again with out my MM running.

They did deprecate the part but haven't included the MM config that adds maptraq functionality to all of the command pods in the release. It is mentioned in the thread though so they may include it at some point.

They did deprecate the part but haven't included the MM config that adds maptraq functionality to all of the command pods in the release. It is mentioned in the thread though so they may include it at some point.

Something is funny, I just tested it all stock but toolbar and ScanScat and, I can still get the map to come up with just the MM's they put with it ?

EDIT- Now it was all grey because, I didn't have a scanner up but the map still comes up.

EDIT- You do know you just click the toolbar icon ?

EDIT- NO My Bad just check again couldn't get ScanSat 6.1 to work at all and put ScanSat 7 back click toolbar icon it came up, Some then made a new sandbox and try'ed and Bam No go you was right.

EDIT- Oh boy ScanSat 6.1 you have to have a Scanner part on to get the toolbar to come up it's not like 7

Edited by Mecripp2

From my log:

[LOG 23:48:04.839] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'BoxSat alpha/62cm_BoxSat/62cm_BoxSat_ProbeCore_Module/62cm_BoxSat_ProbeCore_Module'

[ERR 23:48:04.845] Cannot find a PartModule of typename 'BuildEngineer'

[ERR 23:48:04.845] Cannot find a PartModule of typename 'FlightEngineer'

Can see it's from "KerbalEngineer_BoxSat.cfg", can see in KerbalEngineer (installed last version) that they are named "FlightEngineerModule" and "FlightEngineerModule"

From my log:

[LOG 23:48:04.839] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'BoxSat alpha/62cm_BoxSat/62cm_BoxSat_ProbeCore_Module/62cm_BoxSat_ProbeCore_Module'

Can see it's from "KerbalEngineer_BoxSat.cfg", can see in KerbalEngineer (installed last version) that they are named "FlightEngineerModule" and "FlightEngineerModule"

Thank you, I'll check this out.

This is because you are using the Public Test version of Kerbal Engineer Redux and not Kerbal Engineer Redux version 0.6.2.10. If you are using the Public Test version of Kerbal Engineer the provided module manager file will not work for you. I guess I'll make a module manager file for the new version.

This is because you are using the Public Test version of Kerbal Engineer Redux and not Kerbal Engineer Redux version 0.6.2.10. If you are using the Public Test version of Kerbal Engineer the provided module manager file will not work for you. I guess I'll make a module manager file for the new version.

Oki. Good to know

Already been requested, and I think already planned to be made.

That box was a hand-painted object in Photoshop for the purposes of the forum banner. However, it has been noted that the community wants that made into a part. While it was funny that people wanted to "play with the box it came in", we haven't committed to making that a real part quite yet. We still have another few alpha releases we want to do to get V.1 out, so after that we'll have some time to make some extra gag-parts. :)

http://i.imgur.com/VV1KMS2.jpg

BoxSat lander delivered to the Mun's Farside Crater.

Total mass of fuelled up delivery system + payload a tiny 8.8 tonnes at launch! :cool:

Awesome, thanks.

I haven't really played around with this mod yet (downloaded and installed, but no time due to busy work week, this weekend, I promise!) - but I was curious as to what that is on top of the box satellite (I'm guessing a probe?). If it's not from this mod, what mod is it from?

I haven't really played around with this mod yet (downloaded and installed, but no time due to busy work week, this weekend, I promise!) - but I was curious as to what that is on top of the box satellite (I'm guessing a probe?). If it's not from this mod, what mod is it from?

I'm not quite sure what that is on top of the BoxSat, but it is from another mod. Not entirely sure which one either - maybe Kaa253 can chime in here? :)

I'm not quite sure what that is on top of the BoxSat, but it is from another mod. Not entirely sure which one either - maybe Kaa253 can chime in here? :)

Yep, I just started playing with Box Sat tonight. Guess that part is from a different mod.

I'm curious where those micro landing struts are from too...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.