[1.0.4] BoxSat vA.02f - Updated 09/16/2015

DasPenguin85

Which days & time are you more likely to watch a BoxSat development stream on Twitch?  

125 members have voted

1. 1. Which days & time are you more likely to watch a BoxSat development stream on Twitch?

• Day: Friday
    • Day: Saturday
    • Day: Sunday
    • Time: Afternoon
    • Time: Evening

hi there I would like to put in a request to the mod creator

I know you are as busy as hell but I figured if I don't ask there's no chance

I would like to know if it will be possible to integrate the graphatron 2000 mod into this sat package its currently out of date but there are a few modders on the below link that have taken up the graphatron mantel

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/38319-0-21-x-Graphotron-2000

I definitely am not asking for any time lines here as I know any collaboration is tricky but definitely feel that both mods could benefit from a collaboration effort

I would like to know if it will be possible to integrate the graphatron 2000 mod into this sat package its currently out of date but there are a few modders on the below link that have taken up the graphatron mantel

I definitely am not asking for any time lines here as I know any collaboration is tricky but definitely feel that both mods could benefit from a collaboration effort

that seems like something that can be done via a simple config edit if the code is set up correctly

Hello hawk_za,

So I am looking at this mod and it looks like it already has a radial mounted part that would fit on BoxSat. Furthermore, it looks like the part needs to be external so that you can access the right click menu. I can make an MM config that includes the feature in the BoxSat probe core but then you'd have to clip the camera through the frame while in flight to get at it.

Hello hawk_za,

So I am looking at this mod and it looks like it already has a radial mounted part that would fit on BoxSat. Furthermore, it looks like the part needs to be external so that you can access the right click menu. I can make an MM config that includes the feature in the BoxSat probe core but then you'd have to clip the camera through the frame while in flight to get at it.

They could just add it to the frame like

@PART[62cm_BoxSat_Frame]
{
MODULE
{
name = ModuleEnviroSensorPlotter
}
}

- - - Updated - - -

KIS just not playing nice with BoxSat :(

They could just add it to the frame like
@PART[62cm_BoxSat_Frame]
{
MODULE
{
name = ModuleEnviroSensorPlotter
}
}

- - - Updated - - -

KIS just not playing nice with BoxSat :(

So, is BoxSat working enough to use as ComSats and Probes launched in fairings/bays then deployed in-orbit, bypassing the Atmospherics (heating), and not needing to be assembled (KIS?) post-launch?

hi orcmaul wow you guys work fast

(shy) yeeeaaaa I was kinda awear that it could be don that way

buuuuuuuttt

I was kind of hoping for one of your cool racks you guys created for the stock parts

I do however (and half expect) there to be licensing issues with altering other mod parts)

there is also a new version of this mod out in http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/119337

again guys thanks for all the hard work and awesome content you have given us thus far

ps ....cant wait to get my hands on your next release ...whenever it may be :cool:

So install should be easier due to using MM NEEDS. I renamed the folders to eliminate spaces. I did a major update of the center of mass so that BoxSat should be more balanced now.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Also here are some instructions for using with Kerbal Inventory System.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

- - - Updated - - -

Awesome mod this any chance it could be mirrored on kerbalstuff please

So we did some math and determined that if all of our downloads had been through Curse we could have gotten $100. It's not a ton of money but it is a bit more than seven cases of Full Sail Session Black (my favorite beer). It's not that we don't love all of you, but beer fuels mod development. So by buying beer with mod proceeds we further the cause of BoxSat development and enjoy tasty beer.

But some of us dislike using curse for many personal reasons and would have no access to your fantastic mod without a mirror it would also be helpful as a backup for you

Some of us dislike not having beer for many personal reasons and would have no access to fantastic bubbly, hoppy development fuel without a means of support. It would also be helpful to the community so we can make more content for you.

Hello, does this work with KSP 1.0 too?

Hi Boss,

It was updated then tested using 1.0.2, we can't guarantee that it will work with 1.0.0. To my knowledge, some things have changed between the two versions which will make the mod "act funny" in certain scenarios, like re-entry.

What's the deal with mods on Curse all saying they are compatible with "1.0.0" instead of 1.0.2, even when they are? Have they not updated Curse to allow for that to be selected when the user uploads a mod or something?

So we did some math and determined that if all of our downloads had been through Curse we could have gotten $100. It's not a ton of money but it is a bit more than seven cases of Full Sail Session Black (my favorite beer). It's not that we don't love all of you, but beer fuels mod development. So by buying beer with mod proceeds we further the cause of BoxSat development and enjoy tasty beer.

Sooo. Would it help if I go download Boxsat 50 times from Curse now?

I'll also be drinking a beer on you tonight. It wouldn't help you get beer, but I'll be drinking beer. So in the end, everyone is happy.

On that note, I didn't even know that mod authors get paid for downloads through Curse. That's awesome. Go Curse

And finally a question: CKAN has boxsat prototype parts. The OP doesn't say anything about that, what is it? Or am I blind again?

But some of us dislike using curse for many personal reasons and would have no access to your fantastic mod without a mirror it would also be helpful as a backup for you

Do you really hate Curse more than you love some mods?

Edited by Sirrobert

hey there, really cool that you updated the box to 1.0.2, i really like the small boxy thing ^^ but i REALLY miss the quad frame, is there any chance we will see it again? because now all we can do is stack them up higher but not in the width if you get what i mean :S

any way, thanks =)

Sooo. Would it help if I go download Boxsat 50 times from Curse now?

That would be wasteful and probably not count.

On that note, I didn't even know that mod authors get paid for downloads through Curse. That's awesome. Go Curse

This is kind of an experiment for us. We accept donations and have the paypal link right there on the OP. We've received two donations which is awesome. Thank you donators!. But after doing the math we saw that downloading through Curse could be a way for our users to donate a tiny bit without having to open their wallet. It's not a lot, but we love making stuff and thought that it would be neat if we could show the community how their support indirectly bought us a small amount of cheer. I think the KerbalStuff link will come back eventually because it's nice to have two download links in case one is down.

And finally a question: CKAN has boxsat prototype parts. The OP doesn't say anything about that, what is it? Or am I blind again?

Prototype parts have been included since Alpha.02c. It's in the change log. We aren't setup to support CKAN yet but we've improved our packaging with this latest release and so now things work better with CKAN. We still aren't officially supporting CKAN yet and you probably are still not getting the optional module manager files because of this.

Do you really hate Curse more than you love some mods?

Let's not argue about Curse in this thread. Anyone that wants to PM me about Curse or our decision to use Curse as our sole download option should feel free to do so. I'm happy to discuss it outside of the BoxSat thread.

What's the deal with mods on Curse all saying they are compatible with "1.0.0" instead of 1.0.2, even when they are? Have they not updated Curse to allow for that to be selected when the user uploads a mod or something?

Curse only lists 1.0.0.

any chance we will see this for CKAN?

It is on my todo list. I guess we're kind of on CKAN already? I haven't had a chance to install it. We were having people show up for support having used CKAN but our packaging is not totally compatible with how CKAN works so you'll miss out on our optional ModuleManager files. It is better now than it previously was but we still don't officially support CKAN yet.

hey there, really cool that you updated the box to 1.0.2, i really like the small boxy thing ^^ but i REALLY miss the quad frame, is there any chance we will see it again? because now all we can do is stack them up higher but not in the width if you get what i mean :S

any way, thanks =)

I wasn't happy with how the quad frame was working so we've moved it back to the drawing board. The teflon/electric RCS thruster was also withdrawn due to functionality problems. The quad frame will return if I can get it to work properly. I may have to try some other methods to achieve the same effect.

Hi

I really REALLY like THIS MOD!

But it turns out i'm not using it so much anymore and turn to self build stuff. After getting aware of this i came up with the reasons i think i dont use it as much anymore:

- No Scansat Module Integration (this could be done with MM configs and some smaller parts of course :)

- No Ore/Resource Scanning capability

- No integration of Dmagics Science mods

I know that these are all not stock but i think they should be and they are so wiedely used they should be integrated.

I could even help with the MM configs if you would need help with that.

Hi

I really REALLY like THIS MOD!

But it turns out i'm not using it so much anymore and turn to self build stuff. After getting aware of this i came up with the reasons i think i dont use it as much anymore:

- No Scansat Module Integration (this could be done with MM configs and some smaller parts of course :)

- No Ore/Resource Scanning capability

- No integration of Dmagics Science mods

I know that these are all not stock but i think they should be and they are so wiedely used they should be integrated.

I could even help with the MM configs if you would need help with that.

I just stick them parts on the box ? and in the thread, I have made parts with ScanSat and the boxsat parts.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.