[1.0.4] BoxSat vA.02f - Updated 09/16/2015

DasPenguin85

Which days & time are you more likely to watch a BoxSat development stream on Twitch?  

125 members have voted

1. 1. Which days & time are you more likely to watch a BoxSat development stream on Twitch?

• Day: Friday
    • Day: Saturday
    • Day: Sunday
    • Time: Afternoon
    • Time: Evening

56 minutes ago, Vorg said:

BoxSatvA.02f.zip has: 

BoxSatAlpha

BoxSatPrototypes

and an optionals that's not part of the GameData folder.

BoxSat_Continued-0.2.1.zip adds:

BSA

BSP

Extras

I can't do anything about the top half, but the bottom half can all be put into a single folder. They should have been that way to begin with, but apparently github and I don't see eye to eye on things at the moment.:huh:

But yes, you are right. I'll see what I can do.

I made an issue of it so I won't forget.

https://github.com/deimos790/BoxSat_Continued/issues/3

Would putting the 2 folders "BoxSatAlpha" and "BoxSatPrototypes" into a single folder "BoxSat" so that they are subfolder of ..GameData\BoxSat break anything. That would get them into 1 folder and these other patches could could be put in a subfolder of BoxSat as well keeping ..GameData a bit cleaner?

Also where BSA and BSP ment to be merged with BoxSatAlpha and BoxSatPrototypes instead of having different names?

looking at the folders, you guys might want to compare some cfg's. Looks like there are dupe functions. In BoxSatvA.02f.zip there is a folder called "Optional ModuleManager files". And an example of dupe function cfg's, in that folder is RCSstacknodes.cfg:

//RCS Stack Nodes
@PART[62cm_BoxSat_Frame] 
{
	node_stack_rcs1 =  0.2875,  0.3125,  0.2875, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 0
	node_stack_rcs2 = -0.2875,  0.3125,  0.2875, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 0
	node_stack_rcs3 =  0.2875,  0.3125, -0.2875, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 0
	node_stack_rcs4 = -0.2875,  0.3125, -0.2875, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 0
	node_stack_rcs5 =  0.2875, -0.3125,  0.2875, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 0
	node_stack_rcs6 = -0.2875, -0.3125,  0.2875, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 0
	node_stack_rcs7 =  0.2875, -0.3125, -0.2875, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 0
	node_stack_rcs8 = -0.2875, -0.3125, -0.2875, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 0
}
@PART[RCS_Tri_Small]
{
	node_stack_bottom = 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0
	@attachRules = 1,1,0,0,0
}

BoxSat_Continued-0.2.1.zip is Extras\Patches\RCS_Nodes.cfg:

//RCS Stack Nodes
@PART[62cm_BoxSat_Frame|62cm_BoxSat_PayloadFrame]:FOR[BoxSat]
{
	%node_stack_rcs1 =  0.2875,  0.3125,  0.2875, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 0
	%node_stack_rcs2 = -0.2875,  0.3125,  0.2875, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 0
	%node_stack_rcs3 =  0.2875,  0.3125, -0.2875, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 0
	%node_stack_rcs4 = -0.2875,  0.3125, -0.2875, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 0
	%node_stack_rcs5 =  0.2875, -0.3125,  0.2875, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 0
	%node_stack_rcs6 = -0.2875, -0.3125,  0.2875, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 0
	%node_stack_rcs7 =  0.2875, -0.3125, -0.2875, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 0
	%node_stack_rcs8 = -0.2875, -0.3125, -0.2875, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 0
}

//RCS Thrusters
@PART[RCS_Tri_Small]:FOR[BoxSat]
{
	%node_stack_bottom = 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0
	@attachRules = 1,1,0,0,0
	//%stackSymmetry = 3
}

Looks like one cfg should replace the other, but with different file and folder names, it's not clear. There are others also.

Edited by Vorg

@Vorg

Yes, my patches are meant to completely replace the optional patches, as many were outdated, so there are some duplicates. Mine are written to not conflict with the other ones, should they co-exist.

----------------

In other news, I have an updated version for ya'll.

I converted the antennas over to the new standard, so @dtoxic should be able to get his AntennaSleep patch "Soon" "Now" (it already auto adds).:) At present, all the antennas are susceptible to wind breakage (when deployed) - I think that makes sense on the Dish, but I'm not 100% on the monopole/dipole having that behavior. Let me know if you have a strong opinion on the matter, either way.

I also added in the Engine Node patch, as requested by @dtoxic that adds a node below the engines, for decouplers and such (I've already used it myself!).

And lastly, I rearranged the folder structure so it should now extract as "GameData>BoxSat_Continued" instead of the apparent mess of folders it was before. Sorry about that @Vorg. This does, however, mean you should delete the old version before installing the new version, or duplication will occur!

Cheers.

Direct download of v0.3.0 here

Repo here

Issues go here

Edited by Deimos Rast

On 14.11.2016 at 0:48 AM, Deimos Rast said:

And lastly, I rearranged the folder structure so it should now extract as "GameData>BoxSat_Continued" instead of the apparent mess of folders it was before. Sorry about that @Vorg. This does, however, mean you should delete the old version before installing the new version, or duplication will occur!

so I must: 

1.instal original BoxSat vA.02f into  GameData>BoxSatAlpha, and GameData>BoxSatPrototypes

2.and then you update GameData>BoxSat_Continued

is this right?

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On ‎12‎/‎15‎/‎2016 at 7:59 AM, AlphaKerman said:

Sorry, I'm a bit confused. Which one that i should download (with the best compatibility) for 1.2?u

I too am confused.

On ‎11‎/‎13‎/‎2016 at 4:48 PM, Deimos Rast said:

In other news, I have an updated version for ya'll.

I converted the antennas over to the new standard, so @dtoxic should be able to get his AntennaSleep patch "Soon" "Now" (it already auto adds).:) At present, all the antennas are susceptible to wind breakage (when deployed) - I think that makes sense on the Dish, but I'm not 100% on the monopole/dipole having that behavior. Let me know if you have a strong opinion on the matter, either way.

I also added in the Engine Node patch, as requested by @dtoxic that adds a node below the engines, for decouplers and such (I've already used it myself!).

Cheers.

Repo here

Issues go here

Does this mean that you are the primary-active caretaker / maintainer / developer of this mod?  @DasPenguin85's profile indicates that he hasn't been on since 2015 (I hope he's ok) so maybe someone might consider starting a new forum thread with a new OP that can be updated?

35 minutes ago, MisterFister said:

I too am confused.

Does this mean that you are the primary-active caretaker / maintainer / developer of this mod?  @DasPenguin85's profile indicates that he hasn't been on since 2015 (I hope he's ok) so maybe someone might consider starting a new forum thread with a new OP that can be updated?

Sadly none can the License:All Rights Reserved  so at best all anyone can do is release patches for mods with that License

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, terminalmonky said:

Did you ever hear back from him Linux?  Thank you both for everything you guys do for the community.  

Nope.  So this is dead.  I did one mod which is ARR, it's a real pain, sine everything is a patch.

On 2/22/2017 at 11:54 PM, Virtualgenius said:

Awesome I have always got a response back from @orcmaul you have probably emailed both anyway

Who is @orcmaul ?

44 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Nope.  So this is dead.  I did one mod which is ARR, it's a real pain, sine everything is a patch.

Who is @orcmaul ?

I just sent a message to @orcmaul, but he hasn't been around since November, 2016, so I'm not holding my breath.

Sorry everyone.  It's a nice mod, but when a developer uses the ARR license, they are essentially saying "screw you" to everyone else if they disappear.

8 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Sorry everyone.  It's a nice mod, but when a developer uses the ARR license, they are essentially saying "screw you" to everyone else if they disappear.

Thats a downright rude, vulgar and insulting way of putting down someone's free choice to limit their decision to protect or limit how their work is used or exploited...

Edited by Stone Blue

18 minutes ago, Stone Blue said:

Thats a downright rude, vulgar and insulting way of putting down someone's free choice to limit their decision to protect or limit how their work is used or exploited...

So I guess we should just throw copyright law right out the window, just becuase you dont agree with it.

And that is a bit of an over the top reply. @linuxgurugamer is entitled to his opinion, and while you may not agree with it, I also don't see him advocating that the license be thrown out. In fact he seems quite good at honoring others' licenses.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

so, does ARR mean I can't upload the original files for distribution? I notice the Curseforge link is bad and I do have the original files because I'm a pack rat. I just threw them into a stock KSP v1.3.1 install with Diemos' patches and it works beautifully. Will gladly host the files or hand them off to @linuxgurugamer to upload to SpaceDock

cxBaBSK.png

44 minutes ago, Drew Kerman said:

so, does ARR mean I can't upload the original files for distribution? I notice the Curseforge link is bad and I do have the original files because I'm a pack rat. I just threw them into a stock KSP v1.3.1 install with Diemos' patches and it works beautifully. Will gladly host the files or hand them off to @linuxgurugamer to upload to SpaceDock

cxBaBSK.png

Anther Kerbal pack rat no way ( its hard to hit that delete key ) a kerbal might need it someday :P

1 hour ago, Drew Kerman said:

Unfortunately, that is correct.

I had looked at this mod inthe past, but the license prevents me from doing anything.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.