I just found out that....

flamerboy67664

I always thought Pluto and its satellites revolved around a common barycenter... ;P

That could be said about any planet-moon system. Earth-Moon orbits around a common barycenter, it just happens that the barycenter is inside the radius of the Earth.

That could be said about any planet-moon system. Earth-Moon orbits around a common barycenter, it just happens that the barycenter is inside the radius of the Earth.

In fact Earth of all the current planets ( since the demotion of Pluto ... c'mon, the guy didn't even made a full revolution in the major planetary league :D They gave Ceres far more ( relative ) time :P ) has the more eccentric barycenter in our planetary system. Earth and the Moon orbit around a point roughly 2000 km below the surface of Earth in the axis between the Earth and Moon geometric centers ...

In fact Earth of all the current planets ( since the demotion of Pluto ... c'mon, the guy didn't even made a full revolution in the major planetary league :D They gave Ceres far more ( relative ) time :P ) has the more eccentric barycenter in our planetary system. Earth and the Moon orbit around a point roughly 2000 km below the surface of Earth in the axis between the Earth and Moon geometric centers ...

Listen. Do you really want to wait 250+ years for something that makes sense? Ceres got 203.

Kerberos is the 3 headed dog that guards the gates to the Underworld in classic Greek mythology. Pluto and all of it's satellites revolve around names from the Greek Underworld.

Aside from that, it is a world that has a Kerbal feel.

In greek mythology the correct name for the 3 headed dog is Cerberus I believe, not Kerberos.

Kerberos is also a technology that guards access to Windows servers. I think the choice is apter than even Microsoft intended.

As well as other systems (it's not tied to Windows, that's just probably its best-known use). In fact, it was invented as part of MIT's project to develop a campus distributed computing system, and...

I thought the "hell hound" was Cerberus, not Kerberos. Different locale pronunciation?
Kerberos is the actual Greek name, Cerberus is a Latinisation.

...it's called Kerberos (instead of the better-known Roman name Cerberus) because the project in question was called Project Athena.

(on names: the Romans and Greeks worshipped essentially the same gods, sharing mythology, but under different names; for instance, Pluto was the same god as the Greek Hades, and Jupiter the same as the Greek Zeus. Kerberos/Cerberus is actually not a big difference in comparison).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.