[1.12.x] Freight Transport Technologies [v0.6.0]

RoverDude

How do you feel about the VTOL engines? (Vote for both)  

383 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about the VTOL engines? (Vote for both)

• Propfan: Just right!
    • Propfan: OMG! Overpowered!
    • LFO Thrusters: Too weak
    • LFO Thrusters: Just right!
    • LFO Thrusters: OMG! Overpowered!

On 7/18/2020 at 8:06 AM, DefenderX1 said:

If you mouse over any of the containers in Logistics, right click. Do you see a list of switchable fuels? If not, you're probably missing a pre-requisite mod or it isn't installed right. Most of those tanks/containers can carry many, many different fuels.

I see the switchable fuels...but nowhere do I see "Liquid Hydrogen"?

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/10/2020 at 5:44 PM, RoverDude said:

Try LH2 - also what version of the mod?

FTT: 1.2.0.0

KSP: 1.7.3

Here's all the possibilities:

Found it...it's in the black containers, the Cluster tanks and saddle tanks.

Edited by strider3

• 1 month later...

Can you please add just normal dedicated fuel tanks? Want to use real fuel, the engines with built-in fuel tanks work, but I want to make a SSTO, and rapiers in the config uses methane, which your mod dont have as an option in the tanks.

Just now, Hypercore said:

Can you please add just normal dedicated fuel tanks? Want to use real fuel, the engines with built-in fuel tanks work, but I want to make a SSTO, and rapiers in the config uses methane, which your mod dont have as an option in the tanks.

There are plenty of tanks included with this...?  Sorry, bit at a loss as to the ask.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, 

A little confused here, I was browsing through the tech tree in my career game and noticed that the Nuclear engines (GNR-3750 & GNR-2500) seem to be set to use LiquidFuel? Is this intentional? At first I thought it may have been an MM patch overwriting something but nope, checked the config files and there it is:

PROPELLANT
		{
			name = LiquidFuel
			ratio = 0.9
			DrawGauge = True
		}
		atmosphereCurve
		{
			key = 0 800
			key = 1 185
			key = 2 0.001
		}

1 hour ago, Kielm said:

Hi, 

A little confused here, I was browsing through the tech tree in my career game and noticed that the Nuclear engines (GNR-3750 & GNR-2500) seem to be set to use LiquidFuel? Is this intentional? At first I thought it may have been an MM patch overwriting something but nope, checked the config files and there it is:

PROPELLANT
		{
			name = LiquidFuel
			ratio = 0.9
			DrawGauge = True
		}
		atmosphereCurve
		{
			key = 0 800
			key = 1 185
			key = 2 0.001
		}

They copy the stock NERV as far as stats... but that may be changing soon as they are getting a revamp along with some nuke engine friends (that I will likely be modeling on Twitch).

1 hour ago, Daniel Prates said:

This parts set gets me thinking.... is it more efficient to mine and convert into Lf+ox on the surface, or to bring ore to orbit antmd convert it there? Me thinks the first one, but perhaps...

Either works as the conversion is lossless in stock per design.

2 minutes ago, RoverDude said:

Either works as the conversion is lossless in stock per design.

Oh I see. So it is like; assuming in a certain situation it takes me 1ton of LOX to get 1 ton of ore into orbit. It happens that the converter converts 1ton of ore into 1 ton of LOX, so it ends up being the same to have 1ton of LOX allow enough delta-v into orbit with the cargo of 1ton of ore or another 1ton of LOX. That's it? 

Oh. 

I thought they used liquid hydrogen/LH2? Or are we assuming that's equivalent to liquid fuel? I'm using other mods that use LH2 and not sure whether the config should be changed (I'm sure it used to be LH2 in the past?)

So the current plan is to move the big nukes out of FTT and move them to the Nuclear Rockets pack (which right now is just the Orion and Medusa).  But as part of the move, they get a model rework and a few friends (the stock NERV is shown in the lineup for size comparison)

image.png

• 3 weeks later...
54 minutes ago, alphaprior said:

I'm on KSP 1.11 and near the end of tech tree 800-1100 RPs. I don't see any part from FTT (except honeybadger nuclear reactor) in VAB. I have all USI stuff installed via CKAN.

The Honeybadger command pod is under heavierRocketry, some of the ducted fans are under fieldScience, and some of the structural pieces are under veryHeavyRocketry along with the Orca command pod.  That's on the normal (non-CTT) tech tree. 

If you're using another tech tree then it could be elsewhere. You can check the .cfg files for parts to find the tech that unlocks them, but this could be changed by any patches to the tech tree:

TechRequired = veryHeavyRocketry
	entryCost = 7600
	cost = 3800
	category = Pods
	subcategory = 0
	title = 'Orca' Command Module

23 minutes ago, alphaprior said:

I use community tech tree, I've seen the Orca in tech tree but I don't remeber anything else from FTT. Community tech tree is a requirement for Interstellar Fuel switch.

Well, you can either look in the tech tree or check the CTT.cfg (the community tech tree patch) that comes with FTT. Either way I think we've established that you have the parts (Orca) so there doesn't seem to be an issue here. 

CTT is big, but it's not so big that you can't look through it ;)

Ok I did a test without CTT and all parts were available in VAB. I installed again and they were gone. Looking in CTT.cfg I find them hidden in "experimental aerodynamics", "orbital megastructures" and some others I have to unlock yet.
Thanks anyway u seem to be always around to answer my questions. ^_^ 

Edited by alphaprior

• 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Quick question, can you not build big base parts (tundra agriculture module for example) on the surface of planets any more? The Konfabricator only makes things up to 1200L and the orbital shipyards only work when in orbit. Am I missing something?

3 minutes ago, Choc113 said:

Quick question, can you not build big base parts (tundra agriculture module for example) on the surface of planets any more? The Konfabricator only makes things up to 1200L and the orbital shipyards only work when in orbit. Am I missing something?

I think for that you still need EL or GC

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.