[1.12.x] Freight Transport Technologies [v0.6.0]

RoverDude

How do you feel about the VTOL engines? (Vote for both)  

383 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about the VTOL engines? (Vote for both)

• Propfan: Just right!
    • Propfan: OMG! Overpowered!
    • LFO Thrusters: Too weak
    • LFO Thrusters: Just right!
    • LFO Thrusters: OMG! Overpowered!

On 12/14/2015 at 0:05 PM, Kershu5 said:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=575589162

Here you go Dude.  As you can see the TWR is somehow only 0.24, yet all of them are firing full throttle..  And they've got intake atmo.  What have I done messed up?

Very odd - I will take a look.  if you can attach this pic to a github issue that will make things go faster :)

Also - (unrelated to quoted post) SpaceY is not one of mine, so not quite sure what shared asset that refers to :)  Which shared asset is out of whack?

Edited by RoverDude

The inclusion of SpaceY in that list was a mistake on my part.  Here's the list of files that change (that probably shouldn't be changing) when the FTT_0.4.3.0 ZIP is unpacked on top of GameData:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8opBfkYYvf3U0RCS2l5U3BQRWc/view?usp=sharing

Edited by WuphonsReach

• 2 weeks later...

Hey RoverDude!

This mod is sooooo awesome! I would be so happy if I would be able to start up the props.

I have used a fresh KSP_v1.0.4

No other mods.

I installed your mod via ckan (and the others mods needed to run this one).

Than I stacked together:

´Honeybadger´ Command Pod

´Honeybadger´ VTOL Atmospheric Engine

´Honeybadger´ Cargo Pod (with 15.000 Karbonite, just in case)

´Honeybadger´ Nuclear Reactor

Then I went off to the landing stripe, started the nuclear reactor, throttled up, hit the space bar aaaaaand....nothing.

t5o85z7d.jpg

(This pic is from my "working KSP"...but the results are the same: TWR:0.00):

tuulpv2r.png

Is there anything I am doing wrong?

PS: I actuall downloaded the old version 0.4.1 and with this it works great.

Kind regards

Edited by WolfS

I'm running KSP 1.0.5, and cannot get anything to take off using only the HoneyBadger Atmo VTOL engines. Only applicable mods were USI Freight and MJ, which reported a TWR of 0.15

UPDATE: I went in and changed the thrust in the .cfg file to 350, because one of the propellor fans has the same mass, and uses that thrust.

Edited by LordKael
Update

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys, I'm having trouble installing this mod. I got the FTT zip and the Karbonite zip and put 'em into the KSP game data file, but whenever I go into KSP the parts simply aren't there? Please help, I'm a real noob at this sort of thing (first KSP mod I'm getting). I will probably feel incredibly stupid after this please help. :P

Butts

1 hour ago, Butts McGee said:

Hi guys, I'm having trouble installing this mod. I got the FTT zip and the Karbonite zip and put 'em into the KSP game data file, but whenever I go into KSP the parts simply aren't there? Please help, I'm a real noob at this sort of thing (first KSP mod I'm getting). I will probably feel incredibly stupid after this please help. :P

Butts

Likely installed wrong.  Picture of your gamedata folder?

If you have nested gamedata folders you did it wrong.  ie ...\gamedata\gamedata

3 hours ago, goldenpsp said:

Likely installed wrong.  Picture of your gamedata folder?

If you have nested gamedata folders you did it wrong.  ie ...\gamedata\gamedata

I just realised that I have the modpack itself in the gamedata folder, and the modpack has the gamedata thing in it, but I'm not sure what to do sort this out still? Do I just put the FTT file in the KSP document in general (as in not in the gamedata file)?? By the way, I'm not used to this format yet so can someone tell me how to insert a picture into the comments please? They all seem to use URL? Also, I'm not sure what you mean by 'Umbria folder' Jim? Sorry :confused:. Thanks for responding by the way!

Butts

4 hours ago, Butts McGee said:

Butts

You put the contents of the gamedata folder from the zip into your ksp gamedata folder as is. 

With new atmospheric conditions on the game 1.0.5 I wanted to build a new research and service airship... when I say airship is like the image

rbu0AcL.png

I was trying to catch something to move to a new  position...

L1QfD24.png

It is very difficult to move the airship with the RCS system... And in Eve at altitude 0 the RCS will work awfully, so I tried to change the RCS system by the micro-DuctedFan from the exploration pack...

But. How I can make them to work only as RCS engines?   

• 3 weeks later...

Found an error, well I think its one anyway. Using FTT 0.4.4, the "HoneyBadger" atmospheric VTOL engines only have a thrust of 15 KN and weight 3.75 T. So, they may not even be powerful enough to lift themselves. I am guessing you tried putting 150 and missed the 0. 

Edited by cdsang

I tried to edit the Honey Badger Cargo pod- I attempted to add "Ore"  to the fuelswitcher line, but the game won't load it. What else will I have to edit to get it to work?

*Edit* I fixed it by adding to the lines that reflect the new tank setup, but Ore isn't howing up as a fuel type when I choose "Next Tank Setup"

Edited by Bob Jub

The cargo pods don't seem to have been updated to the new resources.  (Still have RocketParts as an option, for instance, but no Material Kits.)  Any guidance on how much they hold if creating a patch?  (Or am I missing something since I'm trying to figure this out at 1am.  ;) )

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I think I found a maybe bug in the 1.1 Pre-Release. The parts Kontainer (2,5), MK II, Kontainer pod for Starlifter and both Cargo pods from Honeybadger aren't switchable/ don't have the USI Warehouse option.

Just wanted to let you know. Keep up the great work with your mods.

2 hours ago, DocMartens said:

I think I found a maybe bug in the 1.1 Pre-Release. The parts Kontainer (2,5), MK II, Kontainer pod for Starlifter and both Cargo pods from Honeybadger aren't switchable/ don't have the USI Warehouse option.

Just wanted to let you know. Keep up the great work with your mods.

Roverdude had stated awhile back that the FTT containers were getting depricated, around the same time as he made the USI Core Kontainers.  I expect he just hasn't done anything with them for that reason.

25 minutes ago, goldenpsp said:

Roverdude had stated awhile back that the FTT containers were getting depricated, around the same time as he made the USI Core Kontainers.  I expect he just hasn't done anything with them for that reason.

Ok thank you, I seem to missed that information. My bad.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/20/2015 at 1:10 PM, Helmut said:

VTOL engines it is very interesting. I built myself a nuclear-powered VTOL flying laboratory, but in version 1.0.4 engines began to explode when the "Toggle Hover". In addition, it is not enough any electric propeller to control yaw by RCS. I do not want to put extra fuel tanks on the atomic plane.

Thrust vector control is made of "Infernal Robotics" mod.

WOW how did you get the fans to move like that?!  (Rotate)

Edited by Aladine
add key word

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.