[1.12.x] Freight Transport Technologies [v0.6.0]

RoverDude

How do you feel about the VTOL engines? (Vote for both)  

383 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about the VTOL engines? (Vote for both)

• Propfan: Just right!
    • Propfan: OMG! Overpowered!
    • LFO Thrusters: Too weak
    • LFO Thrusters: Just right!
    • LFO Thrusters: OMG! Overpowered!

I'm on a mac. Macs don't handle merging folders well. May need a readme, at least for mac users, apologies for us existing.

I combined them and am still getting hung up at 375 engine 02. Let me know if I can provide more detail

edit: yep karbonite's installed, reinstalling to make sure it's the latest version

@Rover This thing is friggin' insane. Honeybadger is a rather apt name for it. It just don't care. Also your description of FAR compatibility as throwing it at the sky in disgust is a perfect description of its flight characteristics. I love it! Sucking through its entire payload of LF/O within the first 15 seconds? It don't care. Karbonite? What karbonite? That got eaten up on takeoff. Too much fun man, just too much fun. (Serious post; I love this thing. It's so ugly it's beautiful. I have a car like that)

@Rover This thing is friggin' insane. Honeybadger is a rather apt name for it. It just don't care. Also your description of FAR compatibility as throwing it at the sky in disgust is a perfect description of its flight characteristics. I love it! Sucking through its entire payload of LF/O within the first 15 seconds? It don't care. Karbonite? What karbonite? That got eaten up on takeoff. Too much fun man, just too much fun. (Serious post; I love this thing. It's so ugly it's beautiful. I have a car like that)

Probably the best comment/review I have seen on this forum. Nice!

I'm on a mac. Macs don't handle merging folders well. May need a readme, at least for mac users, apologies for us existing.

I combined them and am still getting hung up at 375 engine 02. Let me know if I can provide more detail

edit: yep karbonite's installed, reinstalling to make sure it's the latest version

I have a mac what do you mean they dont handle merging folders well? You click merge and the folders merge. I have never had a problem merging folders.

Yep, that pretty much captures it in a nutshell ;)

I know this sounds like a horrible noob question but can you make craft files. I can't make a ship thats balanced enough to take off. It either dives forward or does a backspin.

Make sure your COM and your COT are balanced - it's finicky (like all VTOLs). But if I have a chance I'll make some crafts

Makes sense for off Kerbin operations not exactly aerodynamic.

Think it would make sense to build it off Kerbin or in orbit with EPL.

As noted, It is not so much flown as thrown at the sky in disgust. But it's downright beautiful on Duna. Have not tried Laythe yet.

Kerbin exploration vehicle with packrat rovers :)

Pure love!

You make so many awesome mods! This is awesome! :)
You are amazing Rover, another awesome mod. Keep up the good work!

Thanks :) Oh... there's another mod being released tomorrow. Just finished making the video.

if karbonite is required why isn't it packaged with it?

having crazy bugs, spacecenter is technicolor. I'm sure it's my fault. ideally i'd have karbonite downloaded, which resides in USI, then I'd add FTT to the USI folder, correct?

I did not package it together because Karbonite is a 40mb download ;) And given that most folks who follow my stuff already have Karbonite for various reasons, it makes it a bit easier on the download. If your space center is in technicolor, it has nothing to do with this mod.

Drop stuff in GameData as always for any of the mods.

I feel bad because you're obv doing a lot and for free but I just want to lay this out very clearly:

when I drop the USI folder into gamedata it asks if i want to replace the old USI containing Karbonite, obviously I say no.

Instead, I take all the contents within USI and merge it manually with Karbonite (by dragging and dropping)

When I load my game it is technicolor. When I remove the combined USI folder, the game loads fine.

I'll stop posting after this. If my issue continues to not be addressable I just won't use this mod. I appreciate all your hard work and hope I don't sound ungrateful.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.