[1.12.x] Freight Transport Technologies [v0.6.0]

RoverDude

How do you feel about the VTOL engines? (Vote for both)  

383 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about the VTOL engines? (Vote for both)

• Propfan: Just right!
    • Propfan: OMG! Overpowered!
    • LFO Thrusters: Too weak
    • LFO Thrusters: Just right!
    • LFO Thrusters: OMG! Overpowered!

Hey RoverDude, is the Liquid Hydrogen resource the same as the Liquid Hydrogen resource in Near Future Technologies?

That mod also has nuclear reactors. Are the two compatible?

100% compatible. If your textures are white, delete the TGA's in assets (there are now PNGs) and try again. TGAs are buggy

Reinstall the mod (make sure to delete it first). Also are they white even when placed in the VAB?

I did that already. I removed ALL USI stuff, and re-installed it all (except for karbonite and mks), just to make sure. No love. And yes, they are still white when I place them. :(

100% compatible. If your textures are white, delete the TGA's in assets (there are now PNGs) and try again. TGAs are buggy

That did the trick! Thanks for the help, and thanks for the cool mods! The stuff you make is great.

I have a slight problem. The nucclear engine doesn't seem to output quite enough power to run two of the fans at a time. I made a ship with 4 props and two reactors, and it runs out of electric charge in no time flat. Am I doing something wrong or should I just mod the config to give the nuke a bit more oomph?

They weigh 20 (correction, 7.75) tons. Too much weight and... it will require more props to lift that weight. I already had that thought :P

Nevermind. I derped HARD on this one. the nukes have to be activated :| Herpaderpa

Edited by Sakata

Firespitter isn't maintained by RoverDude, it's just bundled with this modpack. Firespitter comes with a lot of mods, but hasn't updated to 0.25 yet - not that it causes any problems that I've seen.

u are wrong DLL was updated to 0.25 is (Just not included in download yet is added in that thread by the autor)

EDIT: page 175 post 1747

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/24551-Firespitter-propeller-plane-and-helicopter-parts-v6-3-5-%28Sep-1st%29-for-KSP-0-24-2/page175

Edited by sober667

I have a slight problem. The nucclear engine doesn't seem to output quite enough power to run two of the fans at a time. I made a ship with 4 props and two reactors, and it runs out of electric charge in no time flat. Am I doing something wrong or should I just mod the config to give the nuke a bit more oomph?
They weigh 20 (correction, 7.75) tons. Too much weight and... it will require more props to lift that weight. I already had that thought :P

Nevermind. I derped HARD on this one. the nukes have to be activated :| Herpaderpa

I do this almost every single time I test this mod ;)

u are wrong DLL was updated to 0.25 is (Just not included in download yet is added in that thread by the autor)

EDIT: page 175 post 1747

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/24551-Firespitter-propeller-plane-and-helicopter-parts-v6-3-5-%28Sep-1st%29-for-KSP-0-24-2/page175

Until there's an official version with a KSP-AVC version file from the author, I will not bundle it because to do so will cause massive confusion. The current version works other than an annoying popup, and I expect there will be an official properly versioned release soon enough.

Roverdude,

Very nifty stuff you are making here, having great fun with all these parts. Thanks!!

Would love a set of matching docking ports for honeybadger, starlifter and moar micro parts for these tiny pods! Tiny landing skids or legs would be handy.

Nice work Roverdude.

SCUoJ5N.jpg

Roverdude,

Very nifty stuff you are making here, having great fun with all these parts. Thanks!!

Would love a set of matching docking ports for honeybadger, starlifter and moar micro parts for these tiny pods! Tiny landing skids or legs would be handy.

Nice work Roverdude.

http://i.imgur.com/SCUoJ5N.jpg

Nice :)

For parts requests log a github issue with lots of specificity and I will see what I can do

"Nice

For parts requests log a github issue with lots of specificity and I will see what I can do"

Not a parts request really, just throwing ideas about. In my opinion the stock docking ports look out of place on your parts (particularly on the badgers nose), I'm sure there will be alternatives out there that will fit nicely. Really just a post of appreciation for your effort. I was dissapointed that resource gathering was dropped from stock KSP, your packs are filling that void.

Cheers! :D

"Nice

For parts requests log a github issue with lots of specificity and I will see what I can do"

Not a parts request really, just throwing ideas about. In my opinion the stock docking ports look out of place on your parts (particularly on the badgers nose), I'm sure there will be alternatives out there that will fit nicely. Really just a post of appreciation for your effort. I was dissapointed that resource gathering was dropped from stock KSP, your packs are filling that void.

Cheers! :D

Oh, much more resource goodness coming up. I had to do FTT as a precursor to what I want to really do with mining.

Oh, much more resource goodness coming up. I had to do FTT as a precursor to what I want to really do with mining.

i wonder what it may be Dimonds maby? or Amber? Silicon?

and question all mods are still compatibile to 0.24.2?

becouse have problems with seting in 25 maby wait until all mods i use(and there a lot of them(if im rigth about 50th)

will be completly fine within it

Edited by sober667

Hey Roverdude, Love the mod. ( i dont understand gitub so il post here) The single cargo pods seem to always switch from LFO to ore with 1350/3000 set when using the radial outrigger, I have just tested this and the pods work fine when in the main body but when attached to the outrigger this bug occurs, This was also present in phase 1.

Hey Roverdude, Love the mod. ( i dont understand gitub so il post here) The single cargo pods seem to always switch from LFO to ore with 1350/3000 set when using the radial outrigger, I have just tested this and the pods work fine when in the main body but when attached to the outrigger this bug occurs, This was also present in phase 1.

Screenshots please?

Has anyone mentioned that the new parts feel super cheap? The large nuke engine for instance is less than half the cost for the stock NERVA. The reactor is even worse since it provides so much power. I know you probably try to balance against stock so I wouldn't expect you to have prices like NFT, but his large reactors are in the 600k range.

Also should the nuclear parts be in the nuclear tech tree node?

Just some thoughts as I primarily play career.

Has anyone mentioned that the new parts feel super cheap? The large nuke engine for instance is less than half the cost for the stock NERVA. The reactor is even worse since it provides so much power. I know you probably try to balance against stock so I wouldn't expect you to have prices like NFT, but his large reactors are in the 600k range.

Also should the nuclear parts be in the nuclear tech tree node?

Just some thoughts as I primarily play career.

Cost balance wise, I'd welcome a pull request :)

Tech tree wise, I put them in the same spot so they all unlock at once..

Hey, So i did some more testing, I couldn't seem to get it to do it again. Then i thought il try the big pod and it did it. I wonder if i am missing something and that's why its happening to me. I placed the large cargo pod, Pressed "Previous cargo" And both the outside ones read as karbonite. Hit launch now on the runway it shows up as ore. I will continue to test and see if i can track down if its me.

http://imgur.com/a/2yBN4

Added.

I made another design and found it on the single tank, Half full of ore. Revert back to the SPH, Select lfo in both and then launch it comes back as ore.

http://imgur.com/a/eDfTx

Edited by Scorpians
typo

Hey, So i did some more testing, I couldn't seem to get it to do it again. Then i thought il try the big pod and it did it. I wonder if i am missing something and that's why its happening to me. I placed the large cargo pod, Pressed "Previous cargo" And both the outside ones read as karbonite. Hit launch now on the runway it shows up as ore. I will continue to test and see if i can track down if its me.

http://imgur.com/a/2yBN4

Added.

I made another design and found it on the single tank, Half full of ore. Revert back to the SPH, Select lfo in both and then launch it comes back as ore.

http://imgur.com/a/eDfTx

Ok - now I know which cargo pods you are using - that helps :)

Can you log a github issue with those screenshots for me please (or maybe someone on the thread can)?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.