[1.12.x] Freight Transport Technologies [v0.6.0]

RoverDude

How do you feel about the VTOL engines? (Vote for both)  

383 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about the VTOL engines? (Vote for both)

• Propfan: Just right!
    • Propfan: OMG! Overpowered!
    • LFO Thrusters: Too weak
    • LFO Thrusters: Just right!
    • LFO Thrusters: OMG! Overpowered!

• 2 months later...

Me Again. The Konfabricator module  can make things instantly but they go into its stock (KSP) inventory system. How can I take them out of there into the Umbra inventory or into the "real world" and put them on the ground or something?  I made a basketball but I cant equip it or drop it or anything except move it from one slot to another 

1 hour ago, Choc113 said:

Me Again. The Konfabricator module  can make things instantly but they go into its stock (KSP) inventory system. How can I take them out of there into the Umbra inventory or into the "real world" and put them on the ground or something?  I made a basketball but I cant equip it or drop it or anything except move it from one slot to another 

Go on EVA with an engineer, and you will see a hook icon replace the inventory icon on the right side bar. click it and you will be able to put things outside the inventory, adding them to other ships or making new ones. Unfortunately, you can only pick up 1 part at a time.

• 4 weeks later...

Version 112.0.1 of FTT has been released, and the thread has been updated to reflect the updated download location and KSP version supported.  CKAN should also be catching up for those of you who use it.  You can also nab the latest release here:

https://github.com/UmbraSpaceIndustries/FTT/releases

This is pretty much what was in the bleeding edge releases for 1.11, plus a few small tweaks.  Barring any major issues, this is likely going to be the release we stick with for the foreseeable future, as @DoktorKrogg and I are both neck deep in a new indie game we're both working on :)  

So while we're totally still around and active in the forums and on the USI discord, I would not anticipate any major new USI releases, at least in the short term, though there are still a few major things we both want to knock out (including updating all of the wheels, and some other large system changes).

Lastly, a couple of handy links.  First, the discord server for all things USI (though this also covers our new game as well), and a reminder that I'll be doing a bunch of streaming around game dev (mostly the art side, so Blender, Substance, Unity, etc.). though it's going to be exclusively work on the new game, vs KSP stuff.  

Discord:  https://discord.gg/FNBwUXRgX8

Twitch:  https://www.twitch.tv/RoverDude

Enjoy!  And make sure to let us know if any bees got into the build process.  If so, we'll do a fast follower in a week or two if necessary to update the releases.

On 5/30/2022 at 3:14 AM, RoverDude said:

Version 112.0.1 of FTT has been released, and the thread has been updated to reflect the updated download location and KSP version supported.  CKAN should also be catching up for those of you who use it.  You can also nab the latest release here:

https://github.com/UmbraSpaceIndustries/FTT/releases

This is pretty much what was in the bleeding edge releases for 1.11, plus a few small tweaks.  Barring any major issues, this is likely going to be the release we stick with for the foreseeable future, as @DoktorKrogg and I are both neck deep in a new indie game we're both working on :) 

Enjoy!  And make sure to let us know if any bees got into the build process.  If so, we'll do a fast follower in a week or two if necessary to update the releases.

Hey @RoverDude and @DoktorKrogg,

Thanks for your great work!

Sorry for the maybe stupid question, but where can I find a full changelog?

I have an ongoing JNSQ (+Kerbalism) game and want to check, if it is save to update.

• 2 months later...
On 8/5/2022 at 6:49 PM, papste said:

Hello everyone,

there is an issue with the images of the SAS and the Ballute being all white.

In the FTT/Parts/@thumbs folder.

greeting Sven

No issue, just not finished I guess. 

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
On 8/10/2022 at 1:20 PM, papste said:

@linuxgurugamer

No change when I delete the @thumps folder

I know its been almost a year, but were you ever able to find a solution for this? All of the SAS modules from this mod are just grey models without textures for me even though it appears the textures are loading properly and without errors.

So I've resolved the issue. It turns out there was the following error showing up in the log:

[ERR 02:15:21.828] PartCompiler: Cannot replace texture as cannot find texture 'SAS_PrimaryMat_high_BaseColor' to replace

Upon inspecting the part config and the assets folder, it looks like its calling what's supposed to be a base texture of some sort and then replacing it with the PNG texture in that folder, but the base texture is apparently missing so the game was erroring out and failing to replace the texture as requested. To resolve this, I just copied a DDS file at random from the same folder and renamed it to 'SAS_PrimaryMat_high_BaseColor.dds' which gave the part a texture for the game to replace and now I have properly textured SAS wheels. As far as I can tell, there doesn't seem to be any issue from using just a random DDS for this, but just in case, if you're still watching this thread at all RoverDude (don't want to ping as its not really a huge issue and I've found an apparent solution that anyone can do), you may want to release a hotfix with the "proper" 'SAS_PrimaryMat_high_BaseColor.dds' file included.

Edited by SpacedInvader

• 3 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.