[1.12.x] Freight Transport Technologies [v0.6.0]

RoverDude

How do you feel about the VTOL engines? (Vote for both)  

383 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about the VTOL engines? (Vote for both)

• Propfan: Just right!
    • Propfan: OMG! Overpowered!
    • LFO Thrusters: Too weak
    • LFO Thrusters: Just right!
    • LFO Thrusters: OMG! Overpowered!

!!!THX!!! Its another awesome Mod which increases my fun with KSP a lot.

Nevertheless i've the same problem like others according to assymetrical fuel flow. I know it's an KSP thing in which order tanks and engines are placed. I've tried to put fuel lines on my badger but they don't behave like they should. Perhaps its because crossfeed dominates fuel lines. A while ago I've read a thread about intakeair flow (the way KSP handles it), but I don't find it again. In it something was mentioned about LFO ...perhaps someone could help me with that.

Another thing i've noticed that the end caps are relatively heavy... 750kg for a little sheet. Heavy duty indeed.

Edited by funk

I've got 12GB of memory, makes no difference, x64 KSP is wanktastic and crashes harder than a blind Italian driver.................

Have been playing a mod heavy x64 KSP since 0.24 hit and have not had any issue thus far...and up to 6.2GB ram usage in flight scene lol

For those of you having fuel issues with VTOL design you should look into TAC fuel balancer....a must have imo for any VTOL, and very helpful for all atmo-based craft.

@Roverdude...

Your a monster bud! Your rate of development alone is impressive to say the least, but factor in the quality of your mods and your work is mind boggling.

Keep it up man...this community is damn lucky to have ya =)

Edited by KhaosCorp

Can I skip the Karbonite plugin and mining parts, and just use the assets? Karbonite is a bit unrealistic for me

I'm gonna so no considering rover put a warning in "scary red text" on the 1st page. He has mentioned why this is not a good idea earlier in the thread.

I'm gonna so no considering rover put a warning in "scary red text" on the 1st page. He has mentioned why this is not a good idea earlier in the thread.

And installing Karbonite doesn't mean you have to suddenly go mine for it.

Fantastic work again, Roverdude! Dig the new transport tech, although your MKS modules clip just slightly while inside the Honeybadger's cargo module.

EDIT: Also, a 2.5mx3.75m cargo section would be lovely. :D

Edited by PaladinVito

Can I skip the Karbonite plugin and mining parts, and just use the assets? Karbonite is a bit unrealistic for me

Today it is, based on feedback I'm going to split this mod in half so it will have some USI dependencies but not a Karbonite one (see my roadmap flowchart floating around somewhere).

Yep (for now) see above

Fantastic work again, Roverdude! Dig the new transport tech, although your MKS modules clip just slightly while inside the Honeybadger's cargo module.

EDIT: Also, a 2.5mx3.75m cargo section would be lovely. :D

Both good points... FTT has it's own issues list on GitHub, if you could log both of these I would appreciate it

Have been playing a mod heavy x64 KSP since 0.24 hit and have not had any issue thus far...and up to 6.2GB ram usage in flight scene lol

For those of you having fuel issues with VTOL design you should look into TAC fuel balancer....a must have imo for any VTOL, and very helpful for all atmo-based craft.

@Roverdude...

Your a monster bud! Your rate of development alone is impressive to say the least, but factor in the quality of your mods and your work is mind boggling.

Keep it up man...this community is damn lucky to have ya =)

Oh well, if x64 works for you............................. Everyone else must be hallucinating all the crashing........................lots of LSD in the water apparently.........................

Oh well, if x64 works for you............................. Everyone else must be hallucinating all the crashing........................lots of LSD in the water apparently.........................

Works for me too - I have about 5gb of mods (the entire USI constellation, all of NFT, KSPI, and a host of others). I actually test in x64 because I figure if it works there it works on 32 ;)

Works for me too - I have about 5gb of mods (the entire USI constellation, all of NFT, KSPI, and a host of others). I actually test in x64 because I figure if it works there it works on 32 ;)

I trust you more than Khaoscorp :D I'll try x64. Although are all the mods you use compiled for x64? And by 5GB are you just referring to the installed size of the mods?

Also how many individual mods is that? I have a theory that the majority of x64 crashes stems from interactions between mods as the memory issue has been removed. I am running proximately 70 mods on x32 and am admittedly using ATM aggressive with even more aggressive configs than default and generally hover around the 3.6GB of memory usage.

Nope, x64 crashes reliably with an Access Violation. Sometimes at 3GB RAM, sometimes at 4, there is no logic behind it.

Additionally it likes to crash completely without even creating a dump every now and then (for no apparent reason again).

So I’ll be on x86+ATM and only selected mods for the foreseeable future.

Nope, x64 crashes reliably with an Access Violation. Sometimes at 3GB RAM, sometimes at 4, there is no logic behind it.

Additionally it likes to crash completely without even creating a dump every now and then (for no apparent reason again).

Yeah this was my understanding that the crashes were random and therefore frustrating!! I am running both x32 and x64 in parallel at the moment and will see how it goes.............

No, he is just one of a minority of players (myself included) who have had little-to-no noticeable drop in performance, crash-wise, while using x64. Most of the game runs quite a bit better, now that it has access to the 16gb of ram I have.

Both good points... FTT has it's own issues list on GitHub, if you could log both of these I would appreciate it

Will-do!

Yeah this was my understanding that the crashes were random and therefore frustrating!! I am running both x32 and x64 in parallel at the moment and will see how it goes.............

It is my understanding that these kinds of things are to be expected on an early access game. Crashes and such are inevitable, even if you were playing in 100% stock and no mods... One thing I've found that seems to help significantly is to run x64 as an admin.

My word, I will eat my proverbial hat.............. Just updated my x32 KSP install to x64 and it seems to be working well!!!! Happiness is not having to use ATM (wonderful mod that it is).

I hate you. I can run x64 stock but as soon as I add any mods it starts crashing and its not memory related it will crash long before it finishes loading and before hitting 3gb....

I hate you. I can run x64 stock but as soon as I add any mods it starts crashing and its not memory related it will crash long before it finishes loading and before hitting 3gb....

I am astounded its working tbh! Memory usage is around 5GB when KSP finishes loading, over 70 different mods............... no crashes as yet :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.