[1.12.x] Freight Transport Technologies [v0.6.0]

RoverDude

How do you feel about the VTOL engines? (Vote for both)  

383 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about the VTOL engines? (Vote for both)

• Propfan: Just right!
    • Propfan: OMG! Overpowered!
    • LFO Thrusters: Too weak
    • LFO Thrusters: Just right!
    • LFO Thrusters: OMG! Overpowered!

Another feature request. Can the cargo type of the containers be made to be configurable after launch? I'm in a position of needing a separate vessel for each one of several different material types and it'd cut down on part counts if I could just have one honeybadger that changed depending on the needs of the mission.

Another feature request. Can the cargo type of the containers be made to be configurable after launch? I'm in a position of needing a separate vessel for each one of several different material types and it'd cut down on part counts if I could just have one honeybadger that changed depending on the needs of the mission.

That would be cool. I could see it being potentially OP, but at the same time I think even if you restricted it somewhat you could make it workable. IE some things can swap due to being similar but not others. I could see a container holding Karbonite could also be configured to hold ore or substrate. But I wouldn't want a LFO container to also be able to switch to my drinking water.

As I usually check in with all the USI forum threads but mainly hang out in MKS, I figured I would share a pic with the FTT fans: :)

m4GUeIz.png

Circularising burn for polar orbit above Eve, Gotta love the Toroidal SAS.

Next step, SCANSat resource scanning for Water, Ore and the elusive K+.

(Craft has a modified Wombat Conversions EPL rocket workshop to allow survey builds on the surface as well as all the needed drills and converters to make rocket parts and refuel)

**Shameless plug: want a way to get LiquidHydrogen from Water? Dibnah Engineering - Water Splitter (by license and permission from RoverDude).

The rub right now is FireSpitter refills the container if it is 'repainted'. Log a Github issue (see, all paths lead here!)

@Deadpan110 - looks sweet :) And side note - awesome that you're extending stuff! rock on!

hmmm... post a pic?

4imaj7sbcojd.png

Only way that it will fit is angle it a litle bit and if u opening and closing still is a litle bit of wobling and sometimes crshing.

becouse i use honybager to transport serval modules from orbit to surface its hard to always dock them on the rigth angle so

most time if i close cargo bay i ended with something like that. on mun and minimus is not a problem i just dont closing it but on atmospheric planets...

How big are the parts? Do they fit with B9's S2 fuselage?

honybager should more less fit into HL fuselage but only think that fit into starlifter its 5m oarts from KW or other big parts mods S2 is to small u can take it easly in honybager cargo bay

Edited by sober667

Very cool mod, but I have a question:

If I place a cargo module, I can change between different resources. I understand LFO and Karbonite, but was are Water/Ore and the others for?

I have a quick question, what kind of mass should that huge command bridge have? The staggeringly large 5 meter one, it says some crazy low mass like .2 or 1.2. Is that right because that just seems ludicrously light weight for something that size and is way off from the other parts of the pack.

Thanks

I have a quick question, what kind of mass should that huge command bridge have? The staggeringly large 5 meter one, it says some crazy low mass like .2 or 1.2. Is that right because that just seems ludicrously light weight for something that size and is way off from the other parts of the pack.

Thanks

Probably a bug... let me check

Anyone want freighters that travel at lightspeed?

http://i.imgur.com/TCwYNkN.png

I DO ! I DO ! I DO ! :0.0:

GOD THIS IS WONDERFUL !!

Please make lightspeed ships !

This opens a whole new dimension to KSP and freight transportation !

(for the record this person saying PoPoPooo is an extremely famous french humorist on the internet)

Oh and if this green sphere is the warp effect, is it possible to have the same appearance as the warp effect in the current EVEOnline ? (impossible?)

Edited by MegaUZI

Thanks

My game shows the mass as 17.5. The drag, which shows right below the mass, is .2.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.