[1.12.x] Freight Transport Technologies [v0.6.0]

RoverDude

How do you feel about the VTOL engines? (Vote for both)  

383 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about the VTOL engines? (Vote for both)

• Propfan: Just right!
    • Propfan: OMG! Overpowered!
    • LFO Thrusters: Too weak
    • LFO Thrusters: Just right!
    • LFO Thrusters: OMG! Overpowered!

Well okay, but they are supposed to respond to the 'i' and 'k' keys when RCS is on though, right?

Also, are there going to be new ducted fan type parts to go with the 1999 Eagle style refresh?

That totally depends on how your RCS is pointed... they only have up/down thrusters perpendicular to the fan blade.

The ducted fans themselves will not be changing, model is in good shape.

That totally depends on how your RCS is pointed... they only have up/down thrusters perpendicular to the fan blade.

The ducted fans themselves will not be changing, model is in good shape.

I suppose they might get a reskin though, or just a recolor. Swapping the olive green for silver would probably be enough actually.

Ducted fans are grey not olive :)

Yeah, I dunno why I thought that for some reason, just looked and they're grey. lol

Might not have to change the skin on it, depending on how the aeschethics goes I guess.

The problem turns out to be that I accidentially installed an older version of ModuleRCSFX when I updated Exploration Pack.

Edited by smjjames

RoverDude, a few thoughts for new FTT parts would be a "flatbed" part similar in function to the Karibou flatbed but with honeybadger looks. The main purpose would be to piggyback "Duna" Series MKS parts. Also an offset 3.75 to 2.5 adapter that could be used to dock Honeybadger's to Karibou's.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys! Just started poking about with this mod, and I can't figure out how to attach the large cargo rack. It seems to only want to attach from the inside, which isn't very helpful. I made a video to demonstrate.

The small one doesn't seem to have the same issue, it attaches just fine. Am I doing/overlooking something stupid?

Hey guys! Just started poking about with this mod, and I can't figure out how to attach the large cargo rack. It seems to only want to attach from the inside, which isn't very helpful. I made a video to demonstrate.
The small one doesn't seem to have the same issue, it attaches just fine. Am I doing/overlooking something stupid?

Honestly, outside of the honeybadger parts (which some also have node issues) I would not bother with many of the parts in this mod. There are a bunch of nodes and colliders that have been messed up. This mod hasn't been updated in awhile but is on Roverdude's update list so he will get to it eventually. Until then use the parts you can and ignore the ones that are broken.

Slight issue I'm having here with the FFT upgrades, RoverDude- namely, Intake Atm. I don't have any aerodynamic parts that suck in Intake Atm, all the Intake Air ones seem to just go with Air, not Atmo. There another modpack I should be grabbing for that?

Getting an exception when I take any of the ducted fan engines from the partlist. Edit: And when I add/remove them using symmetry.

Oh, and the ducted fans are missing the staging icon. The square is there, but theres either no icon or a faint grey something.

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at FSengineMenuCleaner.toggleMenuItems (Boolean newState) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at FSengineMenuCleaner.OnStart (StartState state) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Part.ModulesOnStart () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Part+.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Edit: The intakes are closed at launch and the open/close toggle does not work.

Edit2: I made a github issue for it.

Edited by smjjames

I think I might have figured out the problem with atmo intake. Intake air isn't a "resource" anymore, I think the intake is trying to rely on a similar kind of "resource" that isn't handled the same way it used to be.

e: never mind, I'm wrong, the micro-ducted fans from one of the other USI mods works just peachy, and attaching a micro-ducted fan to a honey badger suddenly makes sure the intake atm is working, so I don't know what the heck is going on at all.

Edited by Kershu5

I think I might have figured out the problem with atmo intake. Intake air isn't a "resource" anymore, I think the intake is trying to rely on a similar kind of "resource" that isn't handled the same way it used to be.

e: never mind, I'm wrong, the micro-ducted fans from one of the other USI mods works just peachy, and attaching a micro-ducted fan to a honey badger suddenly makes sure the intake atm is working, so I don't know what the heck is going on at all.

Hm, I wonder what the difference is between those two....

Edit: The only difference between the mini one (which I can confirm makes it suddenly work somehow) and the large ducted fan that I can see is that the large one has some FireSpitter stuff that the micro doesn't have.

Edited by smjjames

Yep I'm sorting through these tonight.

Okay cool. Also, in case you haven't seen (though maybe you have), I did post a github issue with the details from my earlier post.

Edit: Oh, I think the staging icons are actually there in flight, they are just somehow either transparent or got turned a shade of grey because you can see theres something there. I have no idea what would screw with the staging icons or how.

Edited by smjjames

Rover, would it be possible to add Ore as a resource to the FTT tanks? The Torch engines use quite a lot of it, but there are no matching ore containers for the FTT modules (only the rectagular cargo-container ones in your USI core pack). I've modded them in, but perhaps it could be implemented as a standard option in the future?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.