[1.12.x] Freight Transport Technologies [v0.6.0]

RoverDude

How do you feel about the VTOL engines? (Vote for both)  

383 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about the VTOL engines? (Vote for both)

• Propfan: Just right!
    • Propfan: OMG! Overpowered!
    • LFO Thrusters: Too weak
    • LFO Thrusters: Just right!
    • LFO Thrusters: OMG! Overpowered!

I love the current ones, they match well with the Starlifter ship.

I actually welded a section of K+ containers to keep partcount down. The big 15m spherical tank will hold double the amount, but only looks half as cool ;)

kerbal_02.jpg

Edited by Jimbodiah

I am having an issue that is driving me nuts. How do I refuel a nuclear reactor with enriched uranium? I have tried to EVA an engineer to it and I cannot right click the reactor and get a menu of any kind while the engineer is the active "ship". I am doing this on an orbital ship. I have tried in space and on the launch pad. I have Kontainers full of enriched uranium and a half empty reactor. What am I missing?

I've been having a bit of an issue with the honey badger. The VTOL fan engines show 0 intake so wont fire up. Also there is no staging icon for them (its there but blank), also a cant set up function control for them either. I have the most recent download installed and its the only one installed (along with the firespitter and other items included). Everything was fine until I installed the newest version of KSP. Is it just me or is there an issue? Thanks for the great work, I really loved the honeybadger mod :)

[quote name='mdailey403']I am having an issue that is driving me nuts. How do I refuel a nuclear reactor with enriched uranium? I have tried to EVA an engineer to it and I cannot right click the reactor and get a menu of any kind while the engineer is the active "ship". I am doing this on an orbital ship. I have tried in space and on the launch pad. I have Kontainers full of enriched uranium and a half empty reactor. What am I missing?[/QUOTE]

hm, let me sort that and move some code around.

[quote name='matter68']I've been having a bit of an issue with the honey badger. The VTOL fan engines show 0 intake so wont fire up. Also there is no staging icon for them (its there but blank), also a cant set up function control for them either. I have the most recent download installed and its the only one installed (along with the firespitter and other items included). Everything was fine until I installed the newest version of KSP. Is it just me or is there an issue? Thanks for the great work, I really loved the honeybadger mod :)[/QUOTE]

This is sorted in the new release

[quote name='Jimbodiah']I love the current ones, they match well with the Starlifter ship.

I actually welded a section of K+ containers to keep partcount down. The big 15m spherical tank will hold double the amount, but only looks half as cool ;)

[url]http://dasher.nl/kerbal/kerbal_02.jpg[/url][/QUOTE]

Very nice pic :)

Oh..

[SIZE=5][B][COLOR=#FF0000]0.4.3.0 IS UP[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE]

0.4.3 - 2015.11.16
------------------
Fixed issues with ducted fan engines not working properly
fixed node issue on large cargo rack (thanks mhoram!)
Tank balancing (thanks Kerbas-ad-astra!)
Fixed CTT compatibility (thanks Nori!)
Corrected issue where DepletedUranium was still used instead of DepletedFuel

[quote name='RoverDude']

[SIZE=5][B][COLOR=#FF0000]0.4.3.0 IS UP[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE]

0.4.3 - 2015.11.16
------------------
Fixed issues with ducted fan engines not working properly
Tank balancing (thanks Kerbas-ad-astra!)
Fixed CTT compatibility (thanks Nori!)
Corrected issue where DepletedUranium was still used instead of DepletedFuel[/QUOTE]

Thanks for thr update fix to the ducted fans.

[quote name='RoverDude']
[/QUOTE]

Probably some pull request for the large cargo rack have overwrite the old changes and still broken again,

here is a fix
LargeCargoRack_fix.cfg
[CODE]
@PART[FTT_Structural_500_05] {
@node_stack_cargo_01 = .8, 0, 0, 1, 0, 0.0, 3
@node_stack_cargo_02 = -.8, 0, 0, -1, 0, 0.0, 3
@node_stack_cargo_03 = .8, 7.5, 0, 1, 0, 0.0, 3
@node_stack_cargo_04 = -.8, 7.5, 0, -1, 0, 0.0, 3
@node_stack_cargo_05 = .8, -7.5, 0, 1, 0, 0.0, 3
@node_stack_cargo_06 = -.8, -7.5, 0, -1, 0, 0.0, 3
@node_stack_bottom_R = 0, -11.25, 0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 3
@node_stack_top_L = 0, 11.25, 0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 3
}
[/CODE]

How come the ducted fans have two thrust limiters?

[URL=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/smjjames/media/testity_screenshot_2015-11-17--07-32-28_zpszdz68wnm.png.html][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v214/smjjames/testity_screenshot_2015-11-17--07-32-28_zpszdz68wnm.png[/IMG][/URL]

[quote name='Jimbodiah']James, I have TCA, but there are only like 3 options there, nothing compared to your screen.[/QUOTE]
make sure you got [URL="http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/107802-Throttle-Controlled-Avionics-2-3-0-2-1-0-5-Continued?p=2284785&viewfull=1#post2284785"]latest version[/URL]

I noticed the thrust on honey badger fan engine is something really low like 15 kN. I'm guessing that was a mixup?

also I noticed the hover functions seem to be gone from fan/vtols. Last time I played I remember there was the issue of them blowing up in hover mode. Was it just removed?

The large ducted fans don't seem as powerful as before. They used to be able to operate right up to the edge of the atmosphere, now they can't go very far depending on the weight they are lifting.

Also, the engines are still having some heat problems, they aren't exploding, but they are getting really dang hot.

Edit: The large ducted fans RCS is nonfunctional, or maybe it's just missing the particle effect, I can't tell. Edited by smjjames

[quote name='NotAgain']How do you guys get Starlifters to orbit? I'm using a hybrid of one for a Kerbin - Duna transfer ship.

1) SpaceY + many many many struts
2) SpaceY + KJR + many struts
3) SpaceY + KJR + UbioWelding + Struts

Example

Edited by Badsector

[quote name='Badsector']1) SpaceY + many many many struts
2) SpaceY + KJR + many struts
3) SpaceY + KJR + UbioWelding + Struts

Example

[URL]http://imgur.com/a/lWDWt[/URL][/QUOTE]

Option 4) Build it in orbit using Extraplanetary Launchpads.

• 2 weeks later...

Option 5 = Hyperedit ;)

I sent one up in 3 sections, PITA but not a real issue. Send it up to 100km, assemble, fuel up and send to higher orbit. After the first two ships done that way I just use hyperedit as it takes a lot of time and adds a lot of parts (docking ports to join up the sections). I use SSTU which has 6.25m tanks, added 8x 3.75m asperagus boosters and four extra boosters on the extending arms of the Starlifter. No struts with KJR, just lots of launch clamps and a prayer.

Edited by Jimbodiah

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.