[1.12.x] Freight Transport Technologies [v0.6.0]

RoverDude

How do you feel about the VTOL engines? (Vote for both)  

383 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about the VTOL engines? (Vote for both)

• Propfan: Just right!
    • Propfan: OMG! Overpowered!
    • LFO Thrusters: Too weak
    • LFO Thrusters: Just right!
    • LFO Thrusters: OMG! Overpowered!

Hey Roverdude,

Where are we getting fuel for these monsters? I see they're currently running liquid hydrogen fuel, but I'm not seeing how we get that out of the Karbonite system. If I missed something I wouldn't be surprised, I spend some days just updating patches to keep up with how quick you're moving this forward.

Thanks for your time and hard work on a set of awesome mods!

Hey Roverdude,

Where are we getting fuel for these monsters? I see they're currently running liquid hydrogen fuel, but I'm not seeing how we get that out of the Karbonite system. If I missed something I wouldn't be surprised, I spend some days just updating patches to keep up with how quick you're moving this forward.

Thanks for your time and hard work on a set of awesome mods!

Soon, for now you can either whip up your own converter or ship from Kerbin

Fair enough, if there's one thing this game is teaching me is that paitience (waiting for transfer windows, orbital construction, mining, etc.) is a virtue. On a side note to that I've been having the insta-fill glitch with my mining rigs and I think I may be onto what the cause is. I need to do some more testing to be sure though.

Fair enough, if there's one thing this game is teaching me is that paitience (waiting for transfer windows, orbital construction, mining, etc.) is a virtue. On a side note to that I've been having the insta-fill glitch with my mining rigs and I think I may be onto what the cause is. I need to do some more testing to be sure though.

If you are interested add this to a .cfg in your GameData and you should be set.

//Karbonite Converter
@PART[KA_Converter_125_01]:Final
{
MODULE
{
name = USI_Converter
converterName = LiquidHydrogen
conversionRate = 1
inputResources = ElectricCharge, 1.5, Karbonite, 1
outputResources = LiquidHydrogen,2,False
}
}

@PART[KA_Converter_250_01]:Final
{
MODULE
{
name = USI_Converter
converterName = LiquidHydrogen
conversionRate = 1
inputResources = ElectricCharge, 1.5, Karbonite, 1
outputResources = LiquidHydrogen,4,False
}
}

Will there be a new All-In-One, now that FTT ad Exploration and ART are updated ? Soon ?

Is SafetyLight included or dropped ?

Yes, with the 11/1 release. Including safety light, will probably toss it in ExpPack for lack of a better place.

FAR or stock?

I'm using the FTT to make it hover (with some small too), and the small ones to go forward.

Btw, i THINK i made it: by carefully tuning the mass center with the vertical trust accelerator... now i can go forward without spinning, only not too fast.

What do you use in your "default" honeybadger to move forward?

EDIT: Sorry, no stock propfan, only ftt :)

Edited by Xadhoom

I'm using the FTT to make it hover (with some stock too), and the small stock ones to go forward.

Btw, i THINK i made it: by carefully tuning the mass center with the vertical trust accelerator... now i can go forward without spinning, only not to fast.

What do you use in your "default" honeybadger to move forward?

Sorry, meant are you using stock aerodynamics or do you have FAR/NEAR installed? And I just carefuly adjust my thrust and COB

Sorry, meant are you using stock aerodynamics or do you have FAR/NEAR installed? And I just carefuly adjust my thrust and COB

Stock aerodynamcis, i'm still struggling to make all USI mods work together without random crash... so i'm adding one at time and making extensive tests.

So I'm trying out this mod:

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Using no gravity hacks or fuel hacks, haven't edited any .cfg files. Pure standard configs supplied by you RoverDude!

Need. Larger. Landing. Legs :D

These twigs I'm using won't help me much on higher G moons! Perhaps an 3.75m curved underside mounted landing leg would do.

Or you could let me attempt to create one, I'll also attempt to make a frontal landing leg, which might need an elaborate design. At worst I'll come with a design suggestion only.

Need Lifesupport Kontainer, and RCS Kontainer! (The size those LFO's are in the pics)

A 4-way midsection which lets you extend out to the sides, the radially mounted 5m hardpoint parts does a nice job, but it's have more choices would be wonderful!

A Kontainer(large type) that functions as a cargobay, or hangar would be sweet!

Next up, I'll try to construct a slideable crane that can unload MKS modules from this ship! After doing the same landing procedure.

Additional info, Nuclear engines d/v is 7000, landing VTOL LFO Engines has about 2.300 d/v, I spent about half to land on the Mun!

Mods used:

FTT

KW rocketry (struts)

Near future construction

Mechjeb

Karbonite (landing legs)

Edited by SlimJim89

So I'm trying out this mod:

http://imgur.com/a/pgZGL

*snip*

Man I wish I could build things like this, pretty sure my poor laptop would melt just trying to run half of that ship at like 2seconds a frame lol, it can handle having 60+ mods installed with things like EVE and such but the second I start getting part counts in the 180+ range it really starts chugging, silly 1.6GHz i3, hopefully with KSP officially entering "beta" we will start seeing allot of optimization allowing higher part counts with out such a huge cpu drain.

That being said thank you for such awesome mods Rover!! I love that they are all optimized in ways to reduce the part count needed for full functionality and it really shows, I can build effective stations and mining barges with out having to make the game chug along.

Just a quick question - how exactly does "Hover Throttle" work? I remember experimenting with this is B9, but couldn't make this thing work - I thought it'd automatically keep sufficient throttle to maintain current altitude, but instead it reduced throttle so much my VTOL crashed into ground straight away.

Just a quick question - how exactly does "Hover Throttle" work? I remember experimenting with this is B9, but couldn't make this thing work - I thought it'd automatically keep sufficient throttle to maintain current altitude, but instead it reduced throttle so much my VTOL crashed into ground straight away.

Probably easier to ask on the FireSpitter thread as this is an FS feature

OK, good to be sure where to strike :) Thanks RoverDude, I really appreciate the effort you put into your mods. I'm currently preparing my Honeybadger-based refinery for Eve sortie and just dunno how would I fare without your parts. Even though the realisation Eve's crust is devoid of Karbonite made me cringe ^^'

OK, good to be sure where to strike :) Thanks RoverDude, I really appreciate the effort you put into your mods. I'm currently preparing my Honeybadger-based refinery for Eve sortie and just dunno how would I fare without your parts. Even though the realisation Eve's crust is devoid of Karbonite made me cringe ^^'

The clever thing would be to use MKS's proxy logistics and have your drilling platform on the water, with a refinery and docking/transport mechanism on the beach.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.