[1.12.x] Freight Transport Technologies [v0.6.0]

RoverDude

How do you feel about the VTOL engines? (Vote for both)  

383 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about the VTOL engines? (Vote for both)

• Propfan: Just right!
    • Propfan: OMG! Overpowered!
    • LFO Thrusters: Too weak
    • LFO Thrusters: Just right!
    • LFO Thrusters: OMG! Overpowered!

This mod is fantastic! Low part count ginormous freighters anyone? Yes please! So much better than my monstrosities I was building before.

One small request though, could you possibly make a single-engine engine cowling for the Honey Badger? I request it because of weight balance for VTOL. With all in the middle being equal, the HB pod at the front of the ship weighs 4t. At the rear, the engine cowling weighs 1t, and a Rockomax Skipper engine weighs 3t which would balance it perfectly. But placing 4 smaller engines never works out to equal the 4t of the pod.

This mod is fantastic! Low part count ginormous freighters anyone? Yes please! So much better than my monstrosities I was building before.

One small request though, could you possibly make a single-engine engine cowling for the Honey Badger? I request it because of weight balance for VTOL. With all in the middle being equal, the HB pod at the front of the ship weighs 4t. At the rear, the engine cowling weighs 1t, and a Rockomax Skipper engine weighs 3t which would balance it perfectly. But placing 4 smaller engines never works out to equal the 4t of the pod.

Sure. log a github issue. Or just slap on an adapter instead of a cowling

Hello, I wanted to adjust mass of kontainer mk1, mk2 and kontainer pod since I thought their mass is too low. But then no matter what mass is set in their .cfg files they always weigh 0.25t.

https://cloud.githubusercontent.com/assets/9766897/5105854/fb69bbba-6ff1-11e4-842d-2db2afb8583e.jpg

Reported this issue on Github for your convenience.

Just one off-topic question : What is the mod showing these nice looking GUI's ?

Wow. After capturing an asteroid and sending a drill and tanker up, I realized that the 15000 units of rock I drilled only gave me 15 units of Karbonite... Even if I use up the entire class C asteroid, it's not enough to fuel my ship 1/8 of the way. Guess I should have read the inputs and outputs of the converters :P

So, getting so little from an asteroid doesn't really make it worth the resources to get to the asteroid in the first place... And definitely not worth it to capture it in orbit.

Is my install broken? Am I missing something or is this the way it really is? Because I can land on Minmus or anywhere else that's low grav, drill there, and yield much more using much less fuel to do it...

Probably better off asking in the right thread? AKA Asteroid recycling Tech? Anyhow, if you read the details on ART its primary focus for asteroids is converting them into big storage facilities. The conversion of rock into other things, such as karbonite or fuel is a side benefit and is very inefficient by design.

Probably better off asking in the right thread? AKA Asteroid recycling Tech? Anyhow, if you read the details on ART its primary focus for asteroids is converting them into big storage facilities. The conversion of rock into other things, such as karbonite or fuel is a side benefit and is very inefficient by design.

He should try Regolith..

On another note wrt ftt, I've found that there are some buggy issues if the honey badger has any lackluster labs parts on it. Things like the pod being frozen in place when trying to launch. The rest of the ship can wobble around but the pod doesn't move. No big deal though, I was only using the lights so I switched to stock lights. This is on KSP 32 bit .25 with the latest version of LLL.

He should try Regolith..

Tried it and like it as well. Still a little low on resource conversion for my liking but I will tweak it up a bit, or I'll stick with mining on low gravity bodies since I can easily get 18000 units of karbonite into orbit with the honey badger, and probably more if I tried.

Roverdude, any plans to add metal to the Kontainer mk II? I use EL alot and having to haul Ore which will loose alot of mass refining to metal at my build stations its pretty wasteful....

I think there's a GitHub issue for this already, so yes

Well I finally got all the numbers stabilized and all my module manager hooks working so this thing is ready for release. You are more than welcome to manipulate it in any fashion you want or include it into the base mod as an optional file (since it won't run unless the player has MFT installed).

All settings and values have been configured for maximum stackability so they play nice with base Modular Fuel Tanks configs as well as those I wrote up for Near Future and any future hooks into them that anyone else would like to do. Technically I think Real Fuels, should they choose to, can redirect the tanks to make these configs compatible with that mod as well since the volumes are already configured in Liters which both Real Fuels & MFT use... Though I only support MFT.

Below is the code for a Module Manager hook to provide Modular Fuel Tanks TankTypes & Configs for this mod.

Just create a CFG file called "USI-FTT-MFT.cfg" in the mods directory and copy/paste this into it is all it takes to install.

// USI FTT MFT (Modular Fuel Tanks) Configuration File
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
// Tank Defenitions New & Updated Defaults
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
TANK_DEFINITION
{
name = LiquidHydrogenUSI
basemass = 0.000625 * volume
TANK
{
name = LiquidFuel
amount = 0
maxAmount = 0
}
TANK
{
name = Oxidizer
amount = 0
maxAmount = 0
}
TANK
{
name = MonoPropellant
mass = 0.000625
amount = 0.0
maxAmount = 0.0
}
TANK
{
name = LiquidHydrogen
amount = full
maxAmount = 100%
utilization = 2.5
}
}
TANK_DEFINITION
{
name = CargoUSI
basemass = 0.000625 * volume
TANK
{
name = Water
amount = 0.0
maxAmount = 0.0
}
TANK
{
name = Ore
amount = 0.0
maxAmount = 0.0
}
TANK
{
name = Minerals
amount = 0.0
maxAmount = 0.0
}
TANK
{
name = Substrate
amount = 0.0
maxAmount = 0.0
}
}
@TANK_DEFINITION[Default]:FOR[KolonyTools]:NEEDS[modularFuelTanks]:AFTER[modularFuelTanks]
{
!TANK[XenonGas] {}
!TANK[LiquidHydrogen] {}
TANK
{
name = XenonGas
mass = 0.000625
amount = 0.0
maxAmount = 0.0
utilization = 8
note = (pressurized)
}
TANK
{
name = LiquidHydrogen
amount = 0.0
maxAmount = 0.0
utilization = 2.5
}
}
@TANK_DEFINITION[Xenon]:FOR[KolonyTools]:NEEDS[modularFuelTanks]:AFTER[modularFuelTanks]
{
!TANK[XenonGas] {}
TANK
{
name = XenonGas
mass = 0.000625
amount = full
maxAmount = 100%
utilization = 9
note = (pressurized)
}
}
// Updated Stock Parts
// Balances them with Xenon Utilization Changes
@PART[xenonTank]:FOR[KolonyTools]:AFTER[modularFuelTanks]:FINAL
{
!MODULE[ModuleFuelTanks] {}
MODULE
{
name = ModuleFuelTanks
volume = 150
type = Xenon
}
}
@PART[xenonTankRadial]:FOR[KolonyTools]:AFTER[modularFuelTanks]:FINAL
{
!MODULE[ModuleFuelTanks] {}
MODULE
{
name = ModuleFuelTanks
volume = 50
type = Xenon
}
}
// Fuel Tanks
// USI FTT
@PART[FTT_Tank_500_01]:HAS[!MODULE[ModuleFuelTanks]]:NEEDS[modularFuelTanks]
{
MODULE
{
name = ModuleFuelTanks
volume = 16000
type = LiquidHydrogenUSI
}
}
@PART[FTT_Tank_500_02]:HAS[!MODULE[ModuleFuelTanks]]:NEEDS[modularFuelTanks]
{
MODULE
{
name = ModuleFuelTanks
volume = 48000
type = LiquidHydrogenUSI
}
}
@PART[FTT_Tank_500_03]:HAS[!MODULE[ModuleFuelTanks]]:NEEDS[modularFuelTanks]
{
MODULE
{
name = ModuleFuelTanks
volume = 16000
type = LiquidHydrogenUSI
}
}
@PART[FTT_Tank_500_04]:HAS[!MODULE[ModuleFuelTanks]]:NEEDS[modularFuelTanks]
{
MODULE
{
name = ModuleFuelTanks
volume = 40000
type = KarborundumUSI
}
}
@PART[FTT_Tank_1000_01]:HAS[!MODULE[ModuleFuelTanks]]:NEEDS[modularFuelTanks]
{
MODULE
{
name = ModuleFuelTanks
volume = 160000
type = LiquidHydrogenUSI
}
}
// Cargo Containers
// USI FTT
@PART[FTT_Cargo_375_01]:HAS[!MODULE[ModuleFuelTanks]]:NEEDS[modularFuelTanks]
{
!MODULE[FStextureSwitch2] {}
!MODULE[FSfuelSwitch] {}
MODULE
{
name = FStextureSwitch2
moduleId = 0;
textureNames = UmbraSpaceIndustries/MKS/Assets/CargoDecal;UmbraSpaceIndustries/MKS/Assets/CargoDecal;UmbraSpaceIndustries/MKS/Assets/CargoDecal;UmbraSpaceIndustries/MKS/Assets/CargoDecal;UmbraSpaceIndustries/MKS/Assets/CargoDecal;UmbraSpaceIndustries/MKS/Assets/CargoDecal;
objectNames =
textureDisplayNames = Ore;Water;Substrate;Minerals;Karbonite;LFO;
repaintableEVA = false
nextButtonText = Next Cargo Texture
prevButtonText = Previous Cargo Texture
}
MODULE
{
moduleId = 1;
name = FStextureSwitch2
textureNames = UmbraSpaceIndustries/FTT/Assets/HoneyBadger;UmbraSpaceIndustries/FTT/Assets/HoneyBadger_GRY;UmbraSpaceIndustries/FTT/Assets/HoneyBadger_ORG;UmbraSpaceIndustries/FTT/Assets/HoneyBadger_BRN;
objectNames = Cylinder_001;
textureDisplayNames = Yellow;Gray;Orange;Brown;
nextButtonText = Next Main Texture
prevButtonText = Previous Main Texture
}
MODULE
{
moduleId = 2;
name = FStextureSwitch2
textureNames = UmbraSpaceIndustries/FTT/Assets/CargoDecal;UmbraSpaceIndustries/FTT/Assets/CargoDecal_GRY;UmbraSpaceIndustries/FTT/Assets/CargoDecal_ORG;UmbraSpaceIndustries/FTT/Assets/CargoDecal_BRN;
objectNames = DECAL;
nextButtonText = Next Trim Texture
prevButtonText = Previous Trim Texture
}
MODULE
{
name = ModuleFuelTanks
volume = 3000
type = CargoUSI
}
}
@PART[FTT_Cargo_375_02]:HAS[!MODULE[ModuleFuelTanks]]:NEEDS[modularFuelTanks]
{
!MODULE[FSfuelSwitch] {}
MODULE
{
name = FStextureSwitch2
textureNames = UmbraSpaceIndustries/MKS/Assets/CargoDecal;UmbraSpaceIndustries/MKS/Assets/CargoDecal;UmbraSpaceIndustries/MKS/Assets/CargoDecal;UmbraSpaceIndustries/MKS/Assets/CargoDecal;UmbraSpaceIndustries/MKS/Assets/CargoDecal;UmbraSpaceIndustries/MKS/Assets/CargoDecal;
objectNames = DECAL
repaintableEVA = false
}
MODULE
{
moduleId = 1;
name = FStextureSwitch2
textureNames = UmbraSpaceIndustries/FTT/Assets/HoneyBadger;UmbraSpaceIndustries/FTT/Assets/HoneyBadger_GRY;UmbraSpaceIndustries/FTT/Assets/HoneyBadger_ORG;UmbraSpaceIndustries/FTT/Assets/HoneyBadger_BRN;
objectNames = Cylinder_001;
nextButtonText = Next Main Texture
prevButtonText = Previous Main Texture
}
MODULE
{
moduleId = 2;
name = FStextureSwitch2
textureNames = UmbraSpaceIndustries/FTT/Assets/CargoDecal;UmbraSpaceIndustries/FTT/Assets/CargoDecal_GRY;UmbraSpaceIndustries/FTT/Assets/CargoDecal_ORG;UmbraSpaceIndustries/FTT/Assets/CargoDecal_BRN;
objectNames = DECAL;
nextButtonText = Next Trim Texture
prevButtonText = Previous Trim Texture
}
MODULE
{
name = ModuleFuelTanks
volume = 9000
type = CargoUSI
}
}
@PART[FTT_Kontainer_01]:HAS[!MODULE[ModuleFuelTanks]]:NEEDS[modularFuelTanks]
{
!MODULE[FSfuelSwitch] {}
MODULE
{
name = FStextureSwitch2
textureNames = UmbraSpaceIndustries/FTT/Assets/Kontainer_00;UmbraSpaceIndustries/FTT/Assets/Kontainer_05;UmbraSpaceIndustries/FTT/Assets/Kontainer_02;UmbraSpaceIndustries/FTT/Assets/Kontainer_03;UmbraSpaceIndustries/FTT/Assets/Kontainer_04;UmbraSpaceIndustries/FTT/Assets/Kontainer_01;
objectNames = FreightKan
repaintableEVA = false
}
MODULE
{
name = ModuleFuelTanks
volume = 9000
type = CargoUSI
}
}
@PART[FTT_Kontainer_02]:HAS[!MODULE[ModuleFuelTanks]]:NEEDS[modularFuelTanks]
{
!MODULE[FSfuelSwitch] {}
MODULE
{
name = FStextureSwitch2
textureNames = UmbraSpaceIndustries/FTT/Assets/Kontainer_00;UmbraSpaceIndustries/FTT/Assets/Kontainer_05;UmbraSpaceIndustries/FTT/Assets/Kontainer_02;UmbraSpaceIndustries/FTT/Assets/Kontainer_03;UmbraSpaceIndustries/FTT/Assets/Kontainer_04;UmbraSpaceIndustries/FTT/Assets/Kontainer_01;
objectNames = Kontainer_2
repaintableEVA = false
}
MODULE
{
name = ModuleFuelTanks
volume = 13500
type = CargoUSI
}
}
@PART[FTT_Kontainer_03]:HAS[!MODULE[ModuleFuelTanks]]:NEEDS[modularFuelTanks]
{
!MODULE[FSfuelSwitch] {}
MODULE
{
name = FStextureSwitch2
objectNames = Kontainer_2
repaintableEVA = false
}
MODULE
{
name = ModuleFuelTanks
volume = 27000
type = CargoUSI
}
}

Note: Sorry Rover for spaming all your threads at once with these. Each file is unique to the mod I posted it in and they will all play nice together :)

hum so im probably wrong becouse i connected all modules together as one construckt and shoot it that way and i removed bases for place saving so i have one huge colony in one pice

If you can get something that bulky off Kerbin and landed safely on the Mun, I wouldn't say that you're doing it wrong. :)

• 2 weeks later...
I don't understand the question. They have stock tree integration, and the stock fallbacks will not change, even after I move these to CTT.

What I mean is, can we unlock the parts from this mod via the tech tree in science/career mode? Or do they only work in Sandbox?

Edited by Estron

Yes, all of the parts are available in the tech tree. The tech tree has been around for enough versions of KSP that nobody writes sandbox-only parts any more.

Alright thanks, it's just I was playing on Science mode and I couldn't see the parts anywhere, they must be deep in the tech tree where I haven't unlocked.

@RoverDude, Near Future Propulsion introduces the resource "LiquidHydrogen" as a fuel and also comes with a MM patch to make most NTRs using LFO mix run on the LH2. I dont believe any of the Near Future stuff is ORS integrated, but he does a fantastic job defining the resources with realistic values.

TL;DR, how much, if at all, will this conflict with NFP? And yes, that is the make-or-break question for will I get this since pretty much anything by Nertea is on my must-have mod list.

@Rover,

will there be any Breaking changes made to FTT

Oh dear god yes.

@RoverDude, Near Future Propulsion introduces the resource "LiquidHydrogen" as a fuel and also comes with a MM patch to make most NTRs using LFO mix run on the LH2. I dont believe any of the Near Future stuff is ORS integrated, but he does a fantastic job defining the resources with realistic values.

TL;DR, how much, if at all, will this conflict with NFP? And yes, that is the make-or-break question for will I get this since pretty much anything by Nertea is on my must-have mod list.

All of the USI mods and NFT are 100% compatible. We use the same resources (or rather, I use all of Nertea's), we collaborate on the communty resource pack (all of the NFT ones are in there), and when I have engines or reactors in my mods, I try to keep them in line with their NFT analogues. All about playing well together in our shared sandbox :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.