[1.12.x] Asteroid Recycling Technologies

RoverDude

Researched parts becoming unresearched can be a symptom of having duplicate parts installed. Make sure you have only one copy of anything in the ART package.
No duplicates anywhere. And in the savefile it says the FuelHatch is available.

I'll dive in again and see if the new version solved it. If I'm not back in five minu, uhm, hours, call KSC - we might need a rescue mission :P

edit: New version solved it. All is fine, though I did have to buy the Crew Hatch (go figure) again - but after that everything is as it should be :)

Edited by Zylark

Hi there!

I'm having one issue with ART. I've just docked a ship with an asteroid (a big one in a collision course with Kerbin, so it's a matter of life and death for the whole kerbalkind) using the "Jaw". This ship has a couple of mass drivers that are supposed to use the pulverized rock the Jaw creates as fuel to push the asteroid in a safer trajectory.

But when I start the "melt rock" option in the Jaw right-click menu, nothing happens. In the menu, a line of text says "Molten rock full". I wonder what's going on?

I've started this career save in .25 using a few mods, as well as ART, Karbonite and Karbonite+. I had a few bugs were these three mods conflicted with Kerbal Alarm Clock, and currently I'm no longer using KAC. I've had to remove the mods to find out what was going wrong, but reverted to a previous quicksave when I found out the issue and got them back. It's the first time I'm actually trying to use the mod parts in the save. Can someone help me?

Edited by Parkaboy

Hi there!

I'm having one issue with ART. I've just docked a ship with an asteroid (a big one in a collision course with Kerbin, so it's a matter of life and death for the whole kerbalkind) using the "Jaw". This ship has a couple of mass drivers that are supposed to use the pulverized rock the Jaw creates as fuel to push the asteroid in a safer trajectory.

But when I start the "melt rock" option in the Jaw right-click menu, nothing happens. In the menu, a line of text says "Molten rock full". I wonder what's going on?

I've started this career save in .25 using a few mods, as well as ART, Karbonite and Karbonite+. I had a few bugs were these three mods conflicted with Kerbal Alarm Clock, and currently I'm no longer using KAC. I've had to remove the mods to find out what was going wrong, but reverted to a previous quicksave when I found out the issue and got them back. It's the first time I'm actually trying to use the mod parts in the save. Can someone help me?

If the asteroid was spawned before the mod was installed it would not have rock storage. Do you see rock as a resource of the asteroid when you right click?

If the asteroid was spawned before the mod was installed it would not have rock storage. Do you see rock as a resource of the asteroid when you right click?

Yeah, I thought that might be the issue (since I only get the default options when I right-click the asteroid), but that's why I'm baffled. I have the mod installed since before starting the career save, and when I removed the mod (to test another issue) and installed it back, I reverted to a quicksave from before I removed it. I can't see how this asteroid could have been spawned without the resources. Is there a way for me to force the game to generate resource values for this asteroid? Should I edit the persistence file?

Yeah, I thought that might be the issue (since I only get the default options when I right-click the asteroid), but that's why I'm baffled. I have the mod installed since before starting the career save, and when I removed the mod (to test another issue) and installed it back, I reverted to a quicksave from before I removed it. I can't see how this asteroid could have been spawned without the resources. Is there a way for me to force the game to generate resource values for this asteroid? Should I edit the persistence file?

Question would be whether newer asteroids still have this issue. Start there.

Question would be whether newer asteroids still have this issue. Start there.

Sure, but I still want to save Kerbin from doomsday. :-)

Edit: I can confirm that newly spawned asteroids have the same issue. In fact, I even made an entirely new save just to test it, and the problem persists. I'll try downloading the mod again.

Edt2: Downloaded the latest version and updated the mod files. Still the problem persists, even in saves created after this reinstall.

Edited by Parkaboy

Not sure what the issue may be, but for some reason(maybe I'm doing something wrong, IDK) I can't get the claw to do anything, nor am I getting much of a right-click menu on the asteroid that I'm attached to. Running the all-in-one pack from the main download site, and the ART update 0.5.3.. only other mod I'm running is the latest version of MecJeb.. Please help, as I've spent a lot of time getting to this class E asteroid, and getting it back into a stable orbit around Kerbin.. Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Figured it out. Ran a fresh KSP install, and installed this set of mods LAST, and the problem seems to have resolved itself.. Keep up the excellent modding! These are can't live without mods for sure!

http://i.imgur.com/G8rHJbE.png

Also, when I right-click the claw, and activate the melt rock feature, it NEVER goes above 0.02/100, no matter how long I wait.

http://i.imgur.com/w9xLf1W.png

The issue I'm facing seems to be exactly like this one, but reinstalling my gamedata folder and downloading all my mods again haven't solved it. I have tested it with only the ART mod installed in a fresh new install and brand new save and the issue remains. Unless someone can suggest something I'm giving up on the USI mods, which is a shame, because I found them very interesting.

The issue I'm facing seems to be exactly like this one, but reinstalling my gamedata folder and downloading all my mods again haven't solved it. I have tested it with only the ART mod installed in a fresh new install and brand new save and the issue remains. Unless someone can suggest something I'm giving up on the USI mods, which is a shame, because I found them very interesting.

Will take a look - versions will help btw. Both of KSP and of the mods (they all have version files). Shame you're giving up on the entire batch over this particular one, but your call

Will take a look - versions will help btw. Both of KSP and of the mods (they all have version files). Shame you're giving up on the entire batch over this particular one, but your call

KSP 0.25.0.642

OS: Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (6.1.7601) 64bit (though I'm playing the 32 bit version)

CPU: Intel® Core i5-3550 CPU @ 3.30GHz (4)

RAM: 8129

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 (978MB)

Mods:

ART_0.5.3

Karbonite_0.4.2

KPlus_0.2.2

(I've tested with only these three installed and the issue still happens, but I also use the mods below)

MechJeb2-2.4.0.0

ProcFairings_3.10

HyperEdit-1.2.4.2_for-KSP-0.21.1+

To be honest, ART was the mod I was most interested in - so the fact I can't get it to work makes me wary about the others. I tend to play mostly stock because I dislike losing months of progress in a save because of bugs in mods (something that happened a couple of times to me). USI attracted me because I thought there were less chance of conflict between mods, since they were all from a single creator. :-)

Edit: something else ocurred me now, and I'm not sure if it might have something to do with the bug: I have always tested the jaw with size "E" asteroids, and only with asteroids of this class.

Edited by Parkaboy

Where is USI_Tools in that list? It also has a version file. Should be 0.2.3

Do I need to download it separately? I see a "USITools.dll" file in the UmbraSpaceIndustries folder. When I hover the mouse over the icon, it says its version is 1.0.0.0; however, the "USI.version" file that's on the same folder contains this section of text:

"VERSION":{
"MAJOR":0,
"MINOR":2,
"PATCH":3,
"BUILD":0

I imagine this means the version is 0.2.3.0, right?

Also.. can you more precisely describe the issue? Does your asteroid have a rock resource? Do the claws arm? etc.

The Jaw arms correctly and attaches to the asteroid, but when I click "Activate Melt Rock" nothing seems to happen. There's a line on the right-click menu that says "Const.: MoltenRock Full". The asteroid doesn't seem to have any resources: when I right click it, I only get the options "Target Center of Mass" and "Rename Asteroid".

Roverdude, can you ask Klockheed Martian for permission to merge his abandoned mod Asteroid Cities with this one? I think it'd fit in perfectly, and his models are very good as well.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/79675-24-2-DISCONTINUED-July-27-Asteroid-Cities-V2-0/page28

Already asked and answered :) Hope to get assets when he has a chance.

Do I need to download it separately? I see a "USITools.dll" file in the UmbraSpaceIndustries folder. When I hover the mouse over the icon, it says its version is 1.0.0.0; however, the "USI.version" file that's on the same folder contains this section of text:

"VERSION":{
"MAJOR":0,
"MINOR":2,
"PATCH":3,
"BUILD":0

I imagine this means the version is 0.2.3.0, right?

The Jaw arms correctly and attaches to the asteroid, but when I click "Activate Melt Rock" nothing seems to happen. There's a line on the right-click menu that says "Const.: MoltenRock Full". The asteroid doesn't seem to have any resources: when I right click it, I only get the options "Target Center of Mass" and "Rename Asteroid".

I saw a bit of this when I was testing for 0.25 - won't be able to look at this till tomorrow (have band rehearsal tonight, which means dragging home in the wee hours of the morning and no KSP to play with).

I saw a bit of this when I was testing for 0.25 - won't be able to look at this till tomorrow (have band rehearsal tonight, which means dragging home in the wee hours of the morning and no KSP to play with).

Okay, no problem.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.