[1.12.x] Asteroid Recycling Technologies

RoverDude

This can apply to asteroids already captured if I want to use that class-E I grabbed this week, but wait unti lyou have bees removed to install ART, right? Or do I need to do savefile voodoo to get the resources into an existing rock?

This can apply to asteroids already captured if I want to use that class-E I grabbed this week, but wait unti lyou have bees removed to install ART, right? Or do I need to do savefile voodoo to get the resources into an existing rock?

He has recommended waiting until the bees have been removed. However another mod of his, AMT, has parts that allow resource extraction from asteroids in the meantime. A link can be found in his signature to his mod catalog where AMT resides.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like to make sure I have the right forum for my question/issue. Does this mod (ART) have anything to do with asteroid-related contracts, or is it just the parts? I am having a contract issue, and I'm trying to track down who/where to direct my question.

hey rover dude I got a small problem im running 4 of your mods and there not playing nice to each other the list I got of your is mks/oks, kerbonite, kerbonite plus, and the asteroid mining. if I do asteroid first and mks last the asteroid don't work but if I do in in reveres the mks don't work please advise

Edited by Nulcear

hey rover dude I got a small problem im running 4 of your mods and there not playing nice to each other the list I got of your is mks/oks, kerbonite, kerbonite plus, and the asteroid mining. if I do asteroid first and mks last the asteroid don't work but if I do in in reveres the mks don't work please advise

ART is borked, recommend to not use for now - Rover will get back to it sometime in the future, my guess is that he's waiting for 1.0 and the default (his) resource system

• 2 weeks later...

I have noticed this problem to and have uncovered the issue. The Regolith DLL ART needs to function is outdated. For anyone wishing to use ART with MKS: I found a work around that is not perfect. With this work around you cannot have both functioning at the same time but you can have all the parts and ships set up in the same save file: If you want to mine an Asteroid, simple replace the installed Regolith DLL with the one supplied by ART. If you want to use MKS or any other mods that are shipped with Regolith, replace the Regolith DLL with the one supplied by the mods. So far i only need the most recent version Regolith DLL (1.7) and the one that ships with ART. It seems to be only the mining that needs the old Regolith DLL, anything resource related (such as converters any stored rocks) seem to work just fine. I think even fuel hatch work to some extent without needing the old DLL. That said, while the old DLL is installed, MKS parts will not be working so watch your food, water, air and power. Also try using a different version of ModuleManager if things are still broken. So far I know everything works with 2.5.9 but not the most recent 2.5.13. Have not tested with any versions in between.

I currently have an MKS station with an asteroid attached to it to get substrate in a save file running all of the USI Catalog (http://bobpalmer.github.io/UmbraSpaceIndustries/) and it works for the most part. My fix does require restarting KSP each time you want to change so its probably best to mine as much asteroid as you want/need in one go and simply make sure your stations/bases have a large backup supply of food, water, ect. Thanks for the awesome mods RoverDude!

I just captured by first roid, I have the Jaw running and a 6300 storage for rock but it is not draining the roid or storing any rock. Do I need a resource hatch before this will work?

If your asteroids do not seem to store or create rocks even with the mod installed correctly, make sure the asteroid.cfg file in the Regolith folder looks like this:

@PART[PotatoRoid]

{

MODULE

{

name = REGO_ModuleAsteroidInfo

}

RESOURCE

{

name = Rock

amount = 0.0001

maxAmount = 0

}

}

It seems that if the rock resource is not in the Regolith asteroid.cfg then it does not work.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey nice mod there!

Would be super cool to have IVA inside emptied asteroids or even to be able to enter inside to build space hangars or stations.

I wonder though if it is possible to modify a celestial corpse mesh to do it dynamically depending on the filled/emptied ratio?

I'm still really looking forward to this one getting the update treatment. Was there a lot more to do for ART than the other USI mods?

IIRC the issue with ART is that when Rover created Regolith (which is now stock) and it added mining resources, namely Karbonite, to asteroids, it conflicted with ART, which had the main function of hollowing out asteroids for storage. My guess is the hollowing out mechanic and the resource engine mechanic didn't play well together. So yea this mod probably needs more "work" than the others.

First off, Roverdude I love all your mods and would like too thank you for all of your Hard work. Thank You. Was wondering if this Mod is still A thing. I know at one point you had taken over Asteroid Cities (parts) and were planing on adding it to Regolith. However, Regolith I think has ended dude to your work in stock. ( witch is epic btw) .. just wondering cause the Asteroid Cities parts and Asteroid Recycling Technologies parts I love. ( I hate the stock claw).

Anyhow .. Just wondering on the fate these parts

First off, Roverdude I love all your mods and would like too thank you for all of your Hard work. Thank You. Was wondering if this Mod is still A thing. I know at one point you had taken over Asteroid Cities (parts) and were planing on adding it to Regolith. However, Regolith I think has ended dude to your work in stock. ( witch is epic btw) .. just wondering cause the Asteroid Cities parts and Asteroid Recycling Technologies parts I love. ( I hate the stock claw).

Anyhow .. Just wondering on the fate these parts

Ok I gotta seriously ask, seriously? Did you not even read Roverdudes post DIRECTLY ABOVE YOURS saying this mod is on his short list (aka he's working on removing the bees)?

Ok I gotta seriously ask, seriously? Did you not even read Roverdudes post DIRECTLY ABOVE YOURS saying this mod is on his short list (aka he's working on removing the bees)?

Ok I got to Seriously Ask .. did you read my post? at all .. its referring to parts that were from another mod ( one that was not Roverduds, Asteroid Cities but he took over the parts from dtobi ) he was going too put it in Regolith last i heard, and that was long ago. I was asking about them... because I assume they would be moved to this .. but i dont know. Last I checked when you dont know something you ask

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.