[1.12.x] Asteroid Recycling Technologies

RoverDude

RoverDude, the problem is that a bundled Community Resource Pack (0.6.6) seems to have no Rock definition .

Have

Alumina.cfg
ArgonGas.cfg

CarbonDioxide.cfg
Dirt.cfg
ExoticMinerals.cfg
Gypsum.cfg
Hydrates.cfg
IntakeLqd.cfg
Karbonite.cfg
Karborundum.cfg
LqdHe3.cfg
LqdHydrogen.cfg
MetallicOre.cfg
Minerals.cfg
Mopedantte.cfg
Oxygen.cfg
RareMetals.cfg
Silicates.cfg
Substrate.cfg
Uraninite.cfg
Water.cfg
XenonGas.cfg

No rock.

I'be clicked many small and midrange tanks - they provide Dust, Water, Mulch (whatever it means) but no Rock.

2 minutes ago, _Astra_ said:

No rock.

I'be clicked many small and midrange tanks - they provide Dust, Water, Mulch (whatever it means) but no Rock.

Rock is/was ART unic ressource. Now it will become a more wider use but is not realy a Ressource as more a byproduct.

In the Kolonisation Tread is actually a Integration Process at Work. Give a look there.

There is a new config(that add Rock to all containers) and Container models are on the way.

Mulch is a USI-LS Ressource... "Leftovers" mulched together

7 minutes ago, _Astra_ said:

RoverDude, the problem is that a bundled Community Resource Pack (0.6.6) seems to have no Rock definition .

Have

Alumina.cfg
ArgonGas.cfg

CarbonDioxide.cfg
Dirt.cfg
ExoticMinerals.cfg
Gypsum.cfg
Hydrates.cfg
IntakeLqd.cfg
Karbonite.cfg
Karborundum.cfg
LqdHe3.cfg
LqdHydrogen.cfg
MetallicOre.cfg
Minerals.cfg
Mopedantte.cfg
Oxygen.cfg
RareMetals.cfg
Silicates.cfg
Substrate.cfg
Uraninite.cfg
Water.cfg
XenonGas.cfg

No rock.

Those configs in CRP define *where* the resource is found.  The actual definition of the resources is in CommonResources.cfg - which has Rock.

Sorry, it seems i found it, perhaps  the only type of tank accepting rock is HA-350. Looks like a slightly modified goo canister and it's very hard to be  noticed.

No other tank can be switched to rock.

But then i got another problem: cannot refill Rock on planets. MEU-100 provides Dirt, not rock (i dont think every rock is dirty). Tell please how do i get any Rock resource on Kerbin? 

2 minutes ago, _Astra_ said:

Sorry, it seems i found it, perhaps  the only type of tank accepting rock is HA-350. Looks like a slightly modified goo canister and it's very hard to be  noticed.

No other tank can be switched to rock.

But then i got another problem: cannot refill Rock on planets. MEU-100 provides Dirt, not rock (i dont think every rock is dirty). Tell please how do i get any Rock resource on Kerbin? 

You don't, hence the name of the mod "Asteroid" Recycling Technologies.

On 25.8.2014 at 10:03 PM, passinglurker said:

So why when you convert rock into one resource is the rest thrown away? why not just have one conversion part that converts rock into all its possible trace resources at the same time assuming you have storage for it?

If i may insist. The rock is something like all-in-one ressource for planetary use the Dirt have the same ability. But you cant process all in it because you need spetialised processes to get this one which you desire to get.

One needs Melting other cooling third use of acids. Therefore if you Process one out the others will be destroyed in the process.

And RD is in my opinion a realistik Developer and get the loose in his calculations. => You can get all other Tier 1 ressources from Rock but yoz have giant loose rate. Maybe through evaporation chemikal reactions and this byprodukts are not usefull any more and will be thrown away.

In most refined processes you have much better Conversion Rates but you need Industrial Lines for the production and Spezialised  (refined) ressources.

Rock you get mostly everywhere and can Process it to Everything, but you can destilate only partially usefull volumes.

Funny Kabooms 

Urses

@goldenpsp if i may say, the Rock will become a byprodukt in mining operations, and if you use Kontainers you get Rock in most Drillworks. This was a big Projekt in Kolonisation Tread and RD get the Pull requests for Containers and Drill Optimization. 

Edited by Urses

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 4/9/2017 at 5:41 AM, Thorbane said:

Has anyone else tried to grapple a large asteroid while using this mod and persistent rotation?  It's damn near impossible to grab a 3.8 million ton rock that's spinning at a little over 1 rpm.

You should try docking to a spaceship Spinning at 68 rpm with no magnets and Rotation lock on while its entering the atmosphere. :P

COME ON TARS!!!

But Seriously, You got to love the organ music. Makes the scene that much more intense. And don't even get me started about 2001 with the spinning space station docking scene.

Edited by Starslinger999

On 2017-4-9 at 6:41 AM, Thorbane said:

Has anyone else tried to grapple a large asteroid while using this mod and persistent rotation?  It's damn near impossible to grab a 3.8 million ton rock that's spinning at a little over 1 rpm.

The trick is positionate on the rotation axis of the asteroid, and use Q or E to rotate at it's speed. You need a good reaction wheel for that. If you want even a bigger challenge, use one of the mods that nerf the reaction wheel...

Edited by GonDragon

• 2 weeks later...
On 6.2.2017 at 4:04 PM, rspeed said:

Coping my response from github to here, for anyone else experiencing the issue:

This is a bug in KSP. Editing the Jaw's cfg file as described on that page fixed the issue for me.

Is there a MM patch to solve this problem with all the drills/Jaw/converters?

Because I have this bug with the Jaw and with the stock "convert-o-tron 250".

EDIT: Solved, like described in the bug report.

Edited by N3N

• 3 weeks later...
On 05/05/2017 at 7:16 AM, N3N said:

EDIT: Solved, like described in the bug report.

What does the report say? I refuse to give my real name to create an account which you need to even see it for some reason.

Just now, goldenpsp said:

Who said you have to give your real name?

It demands you give your real name to make the account it demands you use to be able to see reports.

...only for me to realise I'd already done it months ago :blush:

8 minutes ago, voicey99 said:

It demands you give your real name to make the account it demands you use to be able to see reports.

...only for me to realise I'd already done it months ago :blush:

Wow really?  It demands it?  Cause I'm pretty sure my REAL name isn't Golden Kerman  (I hope they don't read this and come after me) :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

RoverDude, you never changed the link on your OP to point to the new catalog address on GitHub. I was thoroughly confused for a while until I thought to check your signature block...

I suspect your other threads will need similar updating.

Edited by hollyfeld

38 minutes ago, hollyfeld said:

RoverDude, you never changed the link on your OP to point to the new catalog address on GitHub. I was thoroughly confused for a while until I thought to check your signature block...

I suspect your other threads will need similar updating.

Possibly, but hey you still managed to find it anyhow :D

• 4 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Julfiwat said:

Sir...

Why After i download mod.. the desc of all item feature on this mod just turn into

TBD

??

Because no one has written descriptions for this mods parts yet. If you want to suggest some, I'll get them included in the next release.

On 04/07/2017 at 10:45 PM, TheRagingIrishman said:

Because no one has written descriptions for this mods parts yet. If you want to suggest some, I'll get them included in the next release.

I'll write some when I've finished adding more detailed mechanics to the MKS wiki.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.