Kethane Station Discussion

Halban

I think you should outline HKA and GMI, what sort of aesthetics they might have, or design philosophy. Something that would visually differentiate sides. I would pick a side, but not enough information.
Agreed, it would be cool to see some lore on the companies.

You've put me on the spot here guys, I'll see what I can do tomorrow.

Update.

Most of my submissions are done.

All craft from here on out unless otherwise requested can be use however you desire.

I will email you an updated word document version of the manifest soon as I still don't know how to make it a text file

Edit:

Done….for now

Edited by War Eagle 1

Here comes a cluster f*ck of replies and updates...

I think you should outline HKA and GMI, what sort of aesthetics they might have, or design philosophy. Something that would visually differentiate sides. I would pick a side, but not enough information.
Agreed, it would be cool to see some lore on the companies.

Well, I'm afraid there isn't much lore to go around. As essentially, the two companies were created in the first 7 episodes of the series (don't watch them xD). Any lore you might want is actually just what has happened in the series from the beginning (again, don't watch it. It sucks). But to save people from having to watch the older episodes; I'll sum it up.

- Episode 1: HKA design and fail to fly a new rocket called "The Mun Wagon", destined to carry modules to the mun where they can land, set up a kethane station, and transfer the fuel back to the Mun Wagon to be transported to orbit around Kerbin.

- Episode 2: HKA finally manage to get the The Mun Wagon to orbit, and then proceed to refuel it.

- Episode 3: Crew are sent up to The Mun Wagon along with the all important, mining-module.

- Episode 4: Two fuel modules are sent up and docked.

- Episode 5: The crew module is sent up, a satellite is sent to the Mun to scan for Kethane, and a lander is used to find a flat enough landing site.

- Episode 6: After finally making the transfer to the Mun, the Mining module, the crew module and a fuel module are deployed at the landing site.

- Episode 7: A KAS adaptor is sent to the Kethane station so that fuel can be transferred. A message is received from another Mining company known as 'Generalis Mining Industries' (not their real name, only their fake identity), requesting to dock their new defence ship at the Kethane Station. Seeing this as a chance for business, HKA decide to allow it. Upon returning to the Kethane station during a routine fuel transfer, they find the only remaining part of the station

As for design preferences... it's not really a thing for this series. The only thing I can say is if you're building for GMI then try to make your ship look extra powerful and mean.

Lol, sorry for the workload, just recommendations, you don't have to listen to us, your a skilled cinematic maker anyway, you'll pull through.

Don't worry man xD

I wouldn't be "a skilled cinematic maker" without people to enjoy the cinematics.

Update.

Most of my submissions are done.

All craft from here on out unless otherwise requested can be use however you desire.

I will email you an updated word document version of the manifest soon as I still don't know how to make it a text file

Edit:

Done….for now

Cool, loving the look of the ships. There's more I need to discuss about the role play element. But that will have to wait a while.

Update

EWS-590 is almost finished and ready to be submitted HatBat, sorry for the delay.

No problem, it was worth it :)

I just submitted the one ship, I'm dying to know if it will be used in season 2.

Well, if you wanted it to appear sooner... there is a slot for a GMI capital ship that pretty desperately needs to be filled. And your ship really does fit the bill.

Update: That's right folks! I'm going on holiday, to return on Monday. Can't wait to see the new submissions when I return! :D

(don't let me down... or I'm getting out the stick)

Edited by HatBat

Sure, add it to the GMI fleet. I really don't mind which. Thanks :)

It looks good! And it is good to not be the only one giving him ships, HatBat's improvements in video making deserve a ton of beautiful ships so he can dedicate his time to film them properly. Besides, I am usually very late in delivering stuff to him, and we all want more videos! :)

Update: That's right folks! I'm going on holiday, to return on Monday. Can't wait to see the new submissions when I return! :D

I hope to have a couple of presents for you when you get back, enjoy your vacation! :wink:

Rune. HatBat will be like my baby youtuber, I nourished him when he was tiny :sticktongue:

Edited by Rune

Cool, loving the look of the ships. There's more I need to discuss about the role play element. But that will have to wait a while.

Cool. PM what ever you need to discuss. I got some more ships that I can upload for the other section so I ll do those soon

Have fun on your vacation.

I have a feeling that with the new update, B9 is going to be a mod that HatBat actually requests for capital ships. They end up looking awesome! And with a part count that allows recording several huge ships without too much lag. For example, head to the SSTO thread and look at the little joke I played there, that thing looks straight out of a military sci-fi game and it was my first couple hours playing with it.

Rune. Emphasis on the sci-fi part, especially for the engines.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.