Kethane Station Discussion

Halban

I swear the moment I get B9 5.0 working, I will impose order on this solar system. You will exist because I will have allowed it, and you will end because I demand it. I will be the Harbinger of your salvation and destruction.

So you're with GMI?

I swear the moment I get B9 5.0 working, I will impose order on this solar system. You will exist because I will have allowed it, and you will end because I demand it. I will be the Harbinger of your salvation and destruction.

Hahaha, I wanna tremble in fear as soon as possible now! Have you tried to active texture manage the thing? I have it humming alongside Interstellar and EVE (two of the hungriest mods in KSP) without issues on 64 bits... but with only 4Gb of RAM. I know, I should buy another stick, but last time I bought PC components, KSP couldn't use more ^^'.

Wait…what?

He does. Just so it is official, one of them looks somewhat like this:

pZI6M0q.png

...and all he needs now are the fighters to put in both hangars. Mine would is almost a quarter the size, though, it sure is a lightweight for the new parts. The single engine, only 2,500mT on the launchpad, and an empty weight of less than half a thousand tones. Under a hundred parts, even with a few SRBs to help boost it off the pad. As I said, a lightweight carrier. Now someone figure out the refueler for these things.

Rune. The skunkworks are a hum of activity right now, R-SUV is complaining they can't find enough metal anywhere to continue production!

Edited by Rune

>snip<

Looks far too easy. I (for some damn reason) like to spend hours working on ships rather than slapping 30 parts together into something bigger than almost anything stock. It seem I missed a lot over the weekend

Edited by Spartwo

I armed my capitol ship with:

8-Forward facing GAU cannons

4-Forward facing AIM-120's

2-Forward facing Howitzers

16-Side mounted 50 Cal's (8 each side)

4-Rear mounted Vulcan Cannons

4-Rear facing AIM-120's

Any recommendations on anything else i should add?

Adding the pictures to the gallery as we speak.

Edited by MissionController3134

Looks far too easy. I (for some damn reason) like to spend hours working on ships rather than slapping 30 parts together into something bigger than almost anything stock. It seem I missed a lot over the weekend
My ship took about a month to perfect, using modded parts is cheating if you ask me.

And that's why the new B9 parts aren't being used here. It's just way more impressive when seeing an entirely stock military ship. There's also something special about being able to appreciate every little detail, and that the builder has been able to make that with parts that were never designed for the way they're being used. At least that's what I'm doing for the series, however filming a cinematic or short film with one of the new B9 warships is like creating my very own BattleStar Galactica... I just can't resist it.

I armed my capitol ship with:

8-Forward facing GAU cannons

4-Forward facing AIM-120's

2-Forward facing Howitzers

16-Side mounted 50 Cal's (8 each side)

4-Rear mounted Vulcan Cannons

4-Rear facing AIM-120's

Any recommendations on anything else i should add?

Adding the pictures to the gallery as we speak.

That sounds like a bit too much already if you ask me. I would recommend losing some of them.

EDIT: ffs. I'm away for three nights, and I've already missed an update to BD Armoury.... the amount of stuff in that mod is getting a little absurd now xD

Edited by HatBat

War Eagle 1, you should edit your first post and put it there, and HatBat, what update? I just checked and there's nothing new and nothing in the latest 3 pages. BTW the dreadnought that I'm working on, nothing can stand against it. NOTHING. (I've tried and it's scaring me)

I almost forgot... I made a stock fighter killer. It is the Ballista Class Fighter Killer designed and manufactured by the United Kerbal Nations, an organization designed for the betterment of the Kerbal race. After the recent Battle for Duna, the UKN decided it was time to step in and end the grudge between HKA and GMI. They fight on the side of HKA, but will sell some ships to GMI in order to make some extra cash.

Name: Ballista Class - Bolt

Class: Capital Ship

Download: https://www./?qmqxr84ouq5tmm5

Edited by MissionController3134

I almost forgot... I made a stock fighter killer. It is the Ballista Class Fighter Killer designed and manufactured by the United Kerbal Nations, an organization designed for the betterment of the Kerbal race. After the recent Battle for Duna, the UKN decided it was time to step in and end the grudge between HKA and GMI. They fight on the side of HKA, but will sell some ships to GMI in order to make some extra cash.

Looks nice but those missiles aint going to do jack.

Agreed War Eagle 1, those Macey Dean standard torpedoes aren't going to cut it against our ships, not including the B9 Battlestars or even a ship using a standard panel armor system, hell, it wouldn't even majorly damage my prowlers. You should use I-beams as a penetrator.

Designing an AP missile, but I will add BD weapons to it as well

'Fraid BD Armoury isn't permitted for that kind of ship. And don't worry too much about missiles, I think the old Macey missile designs are pretty adorable :3

In reply to what 2SPOOKY said earlier: I'm talking about the update to BD armoury update that added the new rockets pods and howitzer gun. I don't know if it was actually released while I was away, but I certainly didn't notice it until Mission Controller submitted his B9 BattleStar (I think that might just be the official community name for them now :P)

Edited by HatBat

BD Missiles I think you mean? Or do I have to take off the .50 cals off my ASF-50's? and the old Macey missile designs are pretty adorable, when they bounce off.

No, the craft Mission Controller submitted doesn't really go into the Space fighter category like your ASF-50's do. I was thinking it was more suited to the capital ship class. To be honest I don't really mind which category people choose for their vehicles, as long as it makes sense and is clearly noted next to the ship name. Speaking of noting the ship category, would you guys mind going back and doing that if you haven't already? At the moment I'm having to guess the category for each individual ship :S

Edited by HatBat

I was actually talking about categorizing the ships using the system under the "SHIP REQUIREMENTS" section of the OP, it's pretty important as it defines what mods can be used on the ship and it also makes it a hell of a lot easier for me to organize ships after downloading. And yeah! Your logo looks great, if you wanted to go all out and make a full military company like War Eagle, Spartwo and ScriptKitt3h then it would be a good in-game logo part if the background was removed.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.