Kethane Station Discussion

Halban

So as part of my Revival Protocol, I decided I would replace the Glory Class Carrier and make something a bit more modern. So to prepare for .25 I played around with SP+ and here are the results. Carries 4 Cherub Class fighters. Also can hold 11 kerbals I won't be submitting it yet as I want to make her stock when .25 comes out.

Glad to see your getting back into making your supercarrier.

It be a shame if a destroyer came along and "put a dent into it"

Ah, so revival protocol is like the A.R.K initiative, Having craft ready for .25 for part-by-part replacement. I'd recommend having non winged versions ready as well. The doorway looks fine to me, big enough to fit any size of light fighter through and turn once inside.

http://i.imgur.com/5SCLVnd.png

It would be a shame if a battlecruiser/carrier, 10 medium fighters, 20 light fighters, and whatever else you can fit in after came out the hanger first.

PS: That carrier looks insane Spartwo, how many parts?

Hopefully your filmed time to edited time ratio is better than HOCs. As for part count, about 800. It'll go up to 1000 by the time I'm done because I need to close the front end and complete the paneling on the back. The interior is already fleshed out and the distance from side to side is about the length of a vulture class.

EDIT: Maybe not widthwise but definitely lengthwise, I checked and it fits with room for the fighters.

Edited by Spartwo

Hopefully your filmed time to edited time ratio is better than HOCs. As for part count, about 800. It'll go up to 1000 by the time I'm done because I need to close the front end and complete the paneling on the back. The interior is already fleshed out and the distance from side to side is about the length of a vulture class.

Sounds good, and with a relatively low part count like that I might actually use it in the series if not some other kind of video. As for my footage to final product ratio: below average (6 hours of 'filming', and I use the term loosely, equals about 1 to 2 hours of footage. The average episode of KS usually takes roughly 5 hours worth of footage to make). However it really depends on what type of video I'm making and what I'm going to do with it in post. An entire day of shooting for a film may only produce 1 minute of edited video whereas an evening of crash-free/bug-free recording can make up a whole episode of KS.

Edited by HatBat

internal pics for Dorchester Carrier Prototype

Coming in the door

Pz3DPhu.png

Before being loaded with fighters

ov1Xdld.png

mzCXYgI.png

After

tfm4z4y.png

3YE2QSA.png

bzgBLPV.png

It gets close to 700 parts with all the fighters in it but also keep in mind this is the prototype. I ll make the real thing when .25 comes out

I forgot that I had removed a row of fighter racks to reduce part count, so only 8 medium fighters and 16 light ones.

I shall call it an Xzibit* class(maybe)

T7GHZ9c.png

m6Eteb4.png

Still some strutting to do but I'm usually thrifty with those and they aren't physics calculated anyway and giving it a good turn rate, be it with vernor engines like the Curtana or with a ton of gyroscopes.

*Why is this in the database but I had to put colour in manually.

Edited by Spartwo

I forgot that I had removed a row of fighter racks to reduce part count, so only 8 medium fighters and 16 light ones.

I shall call it an Xzibit* class(maybe)

http://i.imgur.com/T7GHZ9c.png

http://i.imgur.com/m6Eteb4.png

Still some strutting to do but I'm usually thrifty with those and they aren't physics calculated anyway and giving it a good turn rate, be it with vernor engines like the Curtana or with a ton of gyroscopes.

*Why is this in the database but I had to put colour in manually.

Great now launch it into orbit

Edit: does anyone else hear Imperal March when looking at it

Sounds good, and with a relatively low part count like that I might actually use it in the series if not some other kind of video. As for my footage to final product ratio: below average (6 hours of 'filming', and I use the term loosely, equals about 1 to 2 hours of footage. The average episode of KS usually takes roughly 5 hours worth of footage to make). However it really depends on what type of video I'm making and what I'm going to do with it in post. An entire day of shooting for a film may only produce 1 minute of edited video whereas an evening of crash-free/bug-free recording can make up a whole episode of KS.

So what could be the ETA for the finally?

Noob, check the OP for the rules on mods, only SP+ is allowed for space combat vessels, however exceptions are made rarely, and only for the listed mods.

Woah there Spooky, no need to be harsh. These are nice ships, but it's true: I can't use them (should've checked the rules irishmanerrant :/)

So what could be the ETA for the finally?

Soon. Although recently there's been more weight on my shoulders than is good for me. And I'm feeling a little down after the massive slow down in growth I've been having when I'm so close to reaching 1K.

Woah there Spooky, no need to be harsh. These are nice ships, but it's true: I can't use them (should've checked the rules irishmanerrant :/)

Soon. Although recently there's been more weight on my shoulders than is good for me. And I'm feeling a little down after the massive slow down in growth I've been having when I'm so close to reaching 1K.

People don't want you to go and make that Day-Z video when you reach 1k first.

EDIT: That just made it worse.

Edited by Spartwo

People don't want you to go and make that Day-Z video when you reach 1k first.

Fair enough, well then: Episode 20 is top priority regardless now.

Noob here! Sorry for not reading the requirements so closely, I'll remove the post! Thanks anyway

Ok, think you're going to make some ships that follow the requirements? The modded ships, although un-usable, looked awesome. I'd love to use something from you :)

---------------------------------------------------------

Here's a little treat for you guys, I know I'm merciless with gaps between episodes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdyP4PB-XzU

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.