Kethane Station Discussion

Halban

Working on a dogfight right now, do any of you guys know how to release the competitors from the AI once the competition is over? And would you rather see dogfighting as gameplay or cinematics?

On 08/12/2016 at 4:23 AM, THIRTY9CLUES said:

Does anyone know of the Founder of HKA by any chance? Would like to get something canon?

No, there's nothing on that yet. 

Edited by HatBat

1 hour ago, HatBat said:

how to release the competitors from the AI once the competition is over?

Press G in the vessel switcher (In front of the vessel's name). Switches off the combat AI, but keeps the pilot on.

1 hour ago, HatBat said:

And would you rather see dogfighting gameplay or cinematics?

Both are fine for me.

Edited by NotAnAimbot

On 12/10/2016 at 1:10 PM, HatBat said:

Working on a dogfight right now, do any of you guys know how to release the competitors from the AI once the competition is over? And would you rather see dogfighting as gameplay or cinematics?

No, there's nothing on that yet. 

Would you be able to make up a name? Basing a carrier off the name, not submitting it, for personal fan project.

I would like seeing cinematics but both are fine. I was going to ask how you made your cinematics and if you would be willing to make a tutorial of sorts.

On 12/10/2016 at 10:10 AM, HatBat said:

I think that a four or more plane dogfight between HKA and GMI would be awesome. I'm not sure how doing it as 'gameplay' would be done (maybe have a routine patrol?). So I think that as far as the series goes, it might be better to have like a non combat drone flying around the fight with a cool camera angle. Ooh! You could do it as if you were a live news reporter, and that would be the reason nobody fires at you. And then at the end, a GMI fighter could shoot you down in a surprise attack to keep the news from seeing the outcome of the battle, forcing HKA to try to scramble to see if their pilots were alright. 

Anyway just a few thoughts on that, idk how much you have planned out or not.

1 hour ago, THIRTY9CLUES said:

Would you be able to make up a name? Basing a carrier off the name, not submitting it, for personal fan project.

I would like seeing cinematics but both are fine. I was going to ask how you made your cinematics and if you would be willing to make a tutorial of sorts.

Don't have any ideas at the moment but if you still want a HKA themed name then Aegis might work. Yeah I'll do some tutorials at some point. 

4 hours ago, HatBat said:

if anybody here could shine some light on this issue with BD Armoury then that would be incredibly helpful. 

I think it was based off the fact that the flares have the same velocity as the plane, roughly. The reason it looks wierd is because it's not accounting for inertia, drag, or really gravity. I don't know if a fix, but I do know it's being looked at. Mebbe find a way to add drag cubes to flares? I'm glad that the next episode is coming along nicely! Been working on streamlining Aurora. Pics to follow:

Same thing happens to me when deploying countermeasures at high speeds and altitudes. I saw in the other thread they plan to treat the issue by January, so IMO your best bet would be to wing it and dodge the missile the old fashioned way. :P

On 12/21/2016 at 10:10 PM, HatBat said:

if anybody here could shine some light on this issue with BD Armoury then that would be incredibly helpful. 

Doesn't happen to me, I'll make a flew test flights at high altitude to see.

Perhaps the BDA aerodynamics are so sophisticated they take in account air density? At 20-30k, there's so little air that drag is negligible, and so flares could stick around the plane.

15 hours ago, NotAnAimbot said:

Doesn't happen to me, I'll make a flew test flights at high altitude to see.

Perhaps the BDA aerodynamics are so sophisticated they take in account air density? At 20-30k, there's so little air that drag is negligible, and so flares could stick around the plane.

that may be a cause, but I've only ever had it happen to me when I've been flying at around 300-1000m in altitude 

1 hour ago, HatBat said:

Video will be up soon. Just having some really bad luck with audio. Youtube is reducing the volume of the entire video in an attempt to normalise the volume. Might end up having to completely rework the sound.

Ah, the wonders of Youtube uploading. I had to spend hours just trying to get my last upload to YT to ever work, and that was just a simple video from ShadowPlay.

15 hours ago, HatBat said:

Video will be up soon. Just having some really bad luck with audio. Youtube is reducing the volume of the entire video in an attempt to normalise the volume. Might end up having to completely rework the sound.

Export and then import back in and increase the volume of the whole video. Video quality might suffer a bit but It never did when I did it.

13 minutes ago, Spartwo said:

Export and then import back in and increase the volume of the whole video. Video quality might suffer a bit but It never did when I did it.

Tried that. YouTube still kicks it down to the same volume. Thing is that it's not even a problem with the file on YouTube. When embedded on another site the audio will sound great but when played directly on YouTube it's dramatically quieter. Doing more testing and will likely release the video today regardless of whether or not I can find a work around for this.

Edited by HatBat

Very, very good job with this HatBat! I cannot imagine the stresses made with the production of this yet I am bewildered to see such a wonderful video to finally be produced, I'm pleased to see you deliver with such good quality and I wish you the best for any future KS Episodes

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.