Kethane Station Discussion

Halban

I don't think I ever officially said, but very nice video Hatbat! It definitely surpassed my expectations and made the wait worthwhile. The amount of time the Vikus had in the limelight made me very happy as well, even if the one in Platoon A got blown into the sky. Good thing the main compartment stood together, and the crew made it out alive. :)

Does anyone here remember when we were discussing predictions for Episode 25 a few months ago? In this post of mine, I stated that I had a prediction for how the episode would end, but I didn't want to say it lest I actually change the ending of the episode. Well, my prediction was that there would be some nuclear warheads set to detonate once HKA forces entered the perimeter, kinda like that one mission in CoD 4. I thought of this because of how freely GMI used nuclear weapons in the first season, detonating one during the Battle of Duna and attempting to fire a nuclear missile at an HKA ship shortly afterwards. Also because, in The Shield Breaks, a fireball can be seen on the surface from Kerbin orbit, and I thought only a nuke's flash would be so easily visible. I also expected that all of the surviving HKA troops would be caught in the blast range and vaporized, but I'm glad I was incorrect in that regard. :P

4 hours ago, NotAnAimbot said:

The C-50 Andromeda looks like a fine cargo, @Mobius. But can it lift?

(snip)

Removed the wings and tail from a C-50, placed the engines in the fuselage and made it fly with a full fuel load. The plane carrying it can fly at 170 tonnes full and weighs 100 tonnes dry.

Pretty cool! That reminds me of the plane scene from the Dark Knight Rises, when Bane's cargo plane is carrying the smaller CIA plane underneath it after ripping off its wings.

TELL ME ABOUT RIKSON, WHY DOES HE WEAR THE MASK

1 hour ago, Canberra_Gaming said:

Sorry @Mobius. I used your craft for a live fire exercise. 2 Vikus dead, Gunship, and a fighter on your side. My side only 1 LV dead, a fighter, another damaged LV. Testing for Hatbat

http://imgur.com/a/skchO

Very nice! It's been a while since I did a battle like this. I suppose this should be a lesson to never send a gunship out where there's an anti-air presence, or else you're gonna have a bad time. Yet at the same time it's very satisfying to see the explosions and holes in the Hearthaeven's wing. 

6 hours ago, Canberra_Gaming said:

Sorry @Mobius. I used your craft for a live fire exercise. 2 Vikus dead, Gunship, and a fighter on your side. My side only 1 LV dead, a fighter, another damaged LV. Testing for Hatbat

http://imgur.com/a/skchO

I'm confused as to what brought down the planes. From the pics, it looks like missiles are being fired at the aircraft from a good bit out, but none of the craft in the slideshow appeared to be equipped with anti-air systems. If the tow missiles shot down the planes, then any fighter with medium range HARM's should be able to take out air defenses.

Just my thoughts.

Sorry I'm late to the party.

I'm going to hold off on re-submitting my entries until I update my line of crafts, due to a multitude of reasons (One of which is the fancy submission post layouts that I've been seeing; front-line image is very important in marketing).

Nice work with the latest video HATBAT! Incredible plot twist as well; didn't expect nukes to come into play here.

2 minutes ago, The Optimist said:

I've been playing with the gun turrets for a while, and I've just realised that the CIWS systems are extremely overpowered. Last time I checked, a single 30mm gun wasn't supposed to blow an entire tank in half.

Not really, it doesn't have the range the tank turrets have; try engaging a target 1 or 2km away with the CIWS and you might be hard-pressed to destroy a tank with it

1 minute ago, Spearka said:

Not really, it doesn't have the range the tank turrets have; try engaging a target 1 or 2km away with the CIWS and you might be hard-pressed to destroy a tank with it

The splash damage of each shell can blow apart armor plates like a card house.

33 minutes ago, The Optimist said:

I've been playing with the gun turrets for a while, and I've just realised that the CIWS systems are extremely overpowered. Last time I checked, a single 30mm gun wasn't supposed to blow an entire tank in half.

The new BDA kind of screwed with the old damage system. The 120mm just nukes out my tanks that could take five of them back in 1.1.

2 hours ago, NotAnAimbot said:

The new BDA kind of screwed with the old damage system. The 120mm just nukes out my tanks that could take five of them back in 1.1.

For sure. Tank armor is practically useless against 120mm smoothbores now, every vehicle is torn apart by the nuke launcher like a tin can. That's what I've seen from testing at least. 

Also, thanks for the mention in the submission thread @ScriptKitt3h! I'm happy to hear my post is being used as an example. :D

Edited by Mobius

14 hours ago, Mobius said:

For sure. Tank armor is practically useless against 120mm smoothbores now, every vehicle is torn apart by the nuke launcher like a tin can. That's what I've seen from testing at least. 

Pretty sure that's the deal IRL. RPG's and bullets are one thing, but a direct hit with 120mm will make any non-MBT's go boom. MBT's might not be totally destroyed, but a few hits in the same spot could severely damage the best modern tanks.

30 minutes ago, JTpopcorn said:

Pretty sure that's the deal IRL. RPG's and bullets are one thing, but a direct hit with 120mm will make any non-MBT's go boom. MBT's might not be totally destroyed, but a few hits in the same spot could severely damage the best modern tanks.

Problem is that it's happening with MBTs too right now, even if you put several layers of armor. The round behaves like an HE round that destroys anything it touches, so it will screw your tank wherever it lands.

22 minutes ago, NotAnAimbot said:

Problem is that it's happening with MBTs too right now, even if you put several layers of armor. The round behaves like an HE round that destroys anything it touches, so it will screw your tank wherever it lands.

The problem is that the 120mm round is literally throwing my 60- and 80- ton tanks into the air when it hits the ground beside them. And when it hits the tank directly, the entire thing vanishes.

Not having a lot of submitters will do well for it. If only 15 people submit craft, there will only be 15 posts. The main problem (IMO) with the other thread was that the submissions got lost in all the chatter. Splitting it into two threads will help both a lot.

Just now, Servo said:

Not having a lot of submitters will do well for it. If only 15 people submit craft, there will only be 15 posts. The main problem (IMO) with the other thread was that the submissions got lost in all the chatter. Splitting it into two threads will help both a lot.

Exactly the idea. The previous submissions thread was far too cluttered and filled with on(and off)-topic chatter that drowned out submissions. In addition, it's easier to go through them in a well-organized manner this way with one post per person.

Just now, Heckspress said:

But if nobody posts, then the thread won't stay on the front page for long, which means that nobody will see it and submit to it, except for the people who are already involved

True, but this thread will be active, and will refer people over to the submissions thread regularly.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.