Kethane Station Discussion

Halban

Ok, I've just conducted some brief testing. The most recent version of BDA is insanely overpowered. I couldn't even test the 105 or 120mm guns because they launched my test platform hundreds of meters into the sky and obliterated everything...

I'm going to try to see if I can fix it.

Edit:

Well, I have some good news and bad news...

The changes are hard-coded in the mod, so the cfg has not changed.

However, there is still a DMG_MULTIPLYER in the settings.cfg which "should" affect how much stuff goes boom.

Edited by JTpopcorn
New Info

4 hours ago, Mobius said:

So, in theory, could Hatbat download a modified file which lessens the explosive power of tank shells? That way, tank battles would be better since each tank won't be a glass cannon. 

In theory yes.

It would be helpful if we can start to get some basic comparisons. I propose using the 30mm chain gun because it can tap fire and is fairly weak. Fire at a vertical stack of 10 2x2 plates. This will need to be done in at least 1 older version a few times.

Does anyone know if missiles are nuclear too?

12 hours ago, NotAnAimbot said:

They seem to have nerfed missiles actually. The AIM-120 does a bit less damage than it did before and is less effective on plates iirc.

That presents a problem, as adjusting the damage multiplier will affect all weapons... looks like everything needs to get tested...:(

12 hours ago, drtricky said:

Would it be okay if I included a fictional nation in the description of my nationalized company?

Personally, I would be very careful with how in-depth you go with company bios/backstories, as we're not aiming for RP, just some nice info on the submissions' manufacturer(s).

52 minutes ago, ScriptKitt3h said:

Personally, I would be very careful with how in-depth you go with company bios/backstories, as we're not aiming for RP, just some nice info on the submissions' manufacturer(s).

So would it be okay if I implied that GMI and my nation company made a very behind-the-scenes deal of some sort, which probably wouldn't be honored?

1 hour ago, drtricky said:

So would it be okay if I implied that GMI and my nation company made a very behind-the-scenes deal of some sort, which probably wouldn't be honored?

4 minutes ago, HatBat said:

No, that wouldn't work.

Bingo. Rules stipulate: " please do not assert actions of HKA and/or GMI outside of the show's plot" , i.e. no making up actions of HKA or GMI that were not shown in the show.

10 minutes ago, Spartwo said:

Oh...

I'm not saying you can't go in-depth with a backstory, but there are some limits that need to be observed to:

A) Comply with the KSP forums rules

B) Comply with the KS submissions rules

So far your submission post seems fine to me.

2 hours ago, Aveeeno said:

Just to clarify, is it okay to edit in craft after you have posted it? As in, if you have no craft in it when you post it, but you have several craft files, can you edit them in later?

Yes, that's basically the idea of the submissions thread.  You make a post and add all the craft you make later by editing it, instead of making a new post for each craft every time. 

That last episode was awesome. Too bad I didn't provide the updated B-52 for this that I had worked on. But i'll be working on that for the new submissions. 

Part of *Spoiler* Entrellon Engineering. 

Has anyone been able to make a vehicle capable of taking a direct hit from a main bd armory cannon?  (current version)

I've been testing armor plating, layering, general plate spam, and nothing survives. Even the 30mm chain gun wreaks havoc on my craft. I was just trying to see how much extra armor was needed so I could modify the multiplier, but it seems the heat of the round goes through plates, and destroys any test structure that I create...

50 minutes ago, JTpopcorn said:

Has anyone been able to make a vehicle capable of taking a direct hit from a main bd armory cannon?  (current version)

I've been testing armor plating, layering, general plate spam, and nothing survives. Even the 30mm chain gun wreaks havoc on my craft. I was just trying to see how much extra armor was needed so I could modify the multiplier, but it seems the heat of the round goes through plates, and destroys any test structure that I create...

Have you tried modifying the heat tolerance of parts? 

Then he himself will make sure that tank can't be destroyed or the shots will miss.

You see the vehicles are his, if he wants something done he will make it so. Look at Planetfall, not a single loss other than the Vikus where none of the pilots die. He will obviously chose craft based on what he wants, he will do things that make no sense, he will do what his story needs.

1 minute ago, THIRTY9CLUES said:

Then he himself will make sure that tank can't be destroyed or the shots will miss.

How? There's no dynamic option to disable damage on BDA, so it's restart and change value each time. Even if the shots miss, the broken damage system makes a 120mm shot destroy anything within a gigantic radius.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.