Kethane Station Discussion

Halban

5 minutes ago, NotAnAimbot said:

Even if the shots miss, the broken damage system makes a 120mm shot destroy anything within a gigantic radius.

Then calculate that, as I said before, he will find a way. As I have already, take a look at how he distributes kills per side. and how, even in Siege of Kerbin he favors HKA. 

I did have to spend a very long time trying to disable the Vikus and not blow it into dust. It would be good for me and more entertaining if BD Armoury was a bit less lethal in the series. 

11 minutes ago, THIRTY9CLUES said:

Then calculate that, as I said before, he will find a way. As I have already, take a look at how he distributes kills per side. and how, even in Siege of Kerbin he favors HKA. 

HKA bias confirmed. 

Just now, THIRTY9CLUES said:

However, I digress, Hatbat, could I myself make a 3 episode series that would be canon, I can send you what I have if you like.

What do you mean? You want to make a little series set in the universe of the show?

12 minutes ago, THIRTY9CLUES said:

Why, that was kind of what I was hoping for?

Don't really want to endorse anything outside of what I do myself, just yet at least. If it's up to scratch with the episodes I've made and in line with my plans for the show then I could consider it.

1 hour ago, n3xtstar2k2 said:

Hello, I need a link for bd armory 1.2 IF POSSIBLE. I would just download ksp 1.1 but there are hardly any mods for military vehicles. Please help.

The BDA continued page seems to be down... I'll give you my own BDA files, let's hope this isn't illegal distribution. I've included a readme just to clear that in case the guy who continued BDA tries to sue me.

There you go. BDA 1.2.

Edited by NotAnAimbot

8 hours ago, THIRTY9CLUES said:

Why does it matter what plating your ship has, it's a show. If Hatbat wants a ship to burn and crash he will. So it is worthless to work out what kind of defense your ship has.

I suggest you test the cannons yourself to see their effect. They act completely differently now. The HE burst of the shell launches MBT's over 100m into the air. I understand that the outcome is controlled, but the point is, it is supposed to seem relatively realistic. Without weapons that use standard physics, the cannons become death stars.

1 minute ago, JTpopcorn said:

Without weapons that use standard physics

This is not a battle for realism.

5 minutes ago, JTpopcorn said:

They act completely differently now

I don't see how the weapons have changed, as I have built mainly light and fast vehicles, which have always been destroyed. I am saying that sitting there and trying to find a solution to a near non-issue. In addition to that we know that Hatbat really wants to get back to space so there will probably only be less then a couple episodes on the ground before we shot back up to the final frontier. I understand what you mean, but I don't think you should be breaking over backwards in order to solve this issue.

21 minutes ago, THIRTY9CLUES said:

This is not a battle for realism.

I don't see how the weapons have changed, as I have built mainly light and fast vehicles, which have always been destroyed. I am saying that sitting there and trying to find a solution to a near non-issue. In addition to that we know that Hatbat really wants to get back to space so there will probably only be less then a couple episodes on the ground before we shot back up to the final frontier. I understand what you mean, but I don't think you should be breaking over backwards in order to solve this issue.

Well it would be quite handy for me to have more drawn out engagements between less craft. 

9 hours ago, HatBat said:

What do you mean? You want to make a little series set in the universe of the show?

9 hours ago, THIRTY9CLUES said:

yes.

Rogue Thirty-9: A Kethane Station Story

Edited by Mobius

@HatBat How high is your demand for unconventional-appearing aircraft?

In addition, I plan to include a bomber in my submissions. What part count would you say is a good maximum so it can be run smoothly?

Edited by drtricky

11 hours ago, NotAnAimbot said:

Read the rules

The only part I could find that has info on part count says to try not to be impractical. I don't know what part count number is impractical because that varies by the computer the craft is run on. 

25 minutes ago, drtricky said:

The only part I could find that has info on part count says to try not to be impractical. I don't know what part count number is impractical because that varies by the computer the craft is run on. 

The old limit was 400, I think sticking to that is reasonable.

My plane always makes an upward turn instead of a sideways one to meet the enemy in competition mode. Has anyone run into this issue? Anyone know how to fix it?

42 minutes ago, Spartwo said:

The problem with reasonable is that different people have different ideas of what that is. Could be 10 parts per ton, could be 25...

400 parts was the limit set by Hatbat himself in this thread.

1 hour ago, Spartwo said:

The problem with reasonable is that different people have different ideas of what that is. Could be 10 parts per ton, could be 25...

35 minutes ago, NotAnAimbot said:

400 parts was the limit set by Hatbat himself in this thread.

And then the rules were changed, as 400 parts can yield VASTLY different craft depending on a ship's role, styling, quality, etc.

As it stands now, 400 parts isn't necessarily a "bad" goal for efficiency, but really just be reasonable. These ships are going to be loaded in and more than likely doing quite a lot of movement alongside multiple other craft of varying complexities in a visually modded game. While not every single ship submitted has to be some hyper-simplistic, low-part-count monster of efficiency, at the same time it's preferable that we don't have a submissions thread filled with 1000+ part lagmonsters of dreadnoughts every other post.

So really, just be reasonable from @HatBat's perspective- something nice that doesn't cause major performance hiccups and that isn't hard to work with.

15 hours ago, Servo said:

I'm noticing a distinct lack of space-based stuff. Is that just a product of how 1.2 stock combat turned out, or is it more that BDA is more interesting?

Not entirely sure on my end, though my suspicion is that it's just a byproduct of the buildup to Episode 25's ground combat getting everyone to focus on atmospheric stuff.

But yes, more spaceborne craft would be a welcome sight, and I'm personally hoping that we can get some submissions of stuff like combat logistics craft (like transports and salvage ships), or things like small stations and field bases. Jets, tanks, and other Kerbin-bound craft are wonderful, don't get me wrong, but it'd be great to see some more variety of submissions.

Edited by ScriptKitt3h

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.