Kethane Station Discussion

Halban

On 8/25/2017 at 11:21 AM, Spearka said:

It's been a while posting but recently I modified the Argus Tank to fit the new armour introduced in the BDArmoury update...

I think it suits it well

dundundundundund

Batman!

Also boats, WIP and completed

CvJpImR.png

jTwoKA7.png

eSAwvIL.png

7GnUrUg.png

Edited by NotAnAimbot

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Draconiator said:

Yeah, I want to know when #26 is coming out.  I'm wondering what ships made the cut this time.

Don't hold your breath on when the next KS episode is coming out, but in the meantime I'd suggest looking at other series' like KS, my recommendation would be the Fall of Kerbin series by BeardyPenguin and TAPE Gaming to pass the time, I don't know exactly the progress of KS 26 but I cannot imagine it coming out soon

Hey all, I've been working on some vehicles for my submission, and I'd like some feedback :)

So first of all, I have Paladin: (There are three in the photo. Obviously..)

screenshot117

I've set myself a budget of 30 parts max, since my computer isn't much more than a noisy fan with an internet connection. (30 parts max for rovers). Unfortunately, this means that infinite electricity has to be activated, because these things have zero batteries. They can, however, reach a top speed of 50 m/s with the wheels, and 120 m/s with the afterburner:

screenshot136

Maneuverability is decent (some skidding) but the vehicle frame/chassis is a little too low, so there may be explosions in bumpy areas...

Secondly, I have Barracuda:

screenshot90

This one's a little tougher than Paladin, as it can withstand a direct hydra rocket (to the flank, mind you). I see her more as a pursuit vehicle than one designed for direct assaults though. Maneuverability is quite good - low turn rate at high speeds, but no unwanted flips. Optimal performance in flat areas:

screenshot92

Hope you take the time to read this and give feedback :)

Is that the armour provided by BDA? And how many parts is it? :)

Oh, and a question (to everyone): Most of my craft use Tweakscale for the wheels and some wing parts. Is that going to be a problem...?

Edited by Earthlinger
Adding more info

1 hour ago, Earthlinger said:

Is that the armour provided by BDA? And how many parts is it? :)

Oh, and a question (to everyone): Most of my craft use Tweakscale for the wheels and some wing parts. Is that going to be a problem...?

Yes, the armor is from BDA.

Yes, Tweakscale is a mod, and therefore that would be a problem. It might sound kind of strict, but it saves countless hours in debugging little problems down the road.

9 hours ago, NotAnAimbot said:

bout 120 I think

That's a bit high for my computer :D

Has anyone done tests to see if large groups of small, lightly armed vehicles are more effective than the more heavy giants?

EDIT: I was unable to make a stock version of the ground craft, or a Corvette I've been working on, but I managed to make this (pure stock, aside from BDAc):

screenshot204

Armament: 1 x Abrams cannon, 3 x Millennium Cannons, and a Goalkeeper

screenshot205

The engines have a tendency to be air-deprived at speeds below 10 m/s, but at max speed (35 m/s) they run fine. Turning speed is decent:

screenshot207

80 parts

Edited by Earthlinger

I redesigned the Destroyer from my previous post:

screenshot231

I swapped a Millennium Cannon for an extra Abrams turret, and added radiators. Still 80 parts, but now, instead  of moving at 35 m/s, she moves at...

screenshot234

Turning is more or less the same, and as a plus, the ship is (kind of) self healing, since activating the radiators after a battle can cool down damaged parts. Only problem is that the radiators themselves are usually the parts that get hit, but.......ah well...

screenshot229

Oh and sorry if I'm saturating this thread with my posts XD

12 hours ago, NotAnAimbot said:

New plane

Looks great :D

Is it capable of flying straight up, or does the picture portray it in a momentary/controlled stall?

Btw I just submitted some ships to the submissions thread, if anyone wants to check that out. I'll be adding some more craft to it over time. I'll post updates here.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.