Kethane Station Discussion

Halban

On 10/4/2017 at 1:35 AM, Earthlinger said:

Noice. Can't really say the same thing for mine....

At least not with time warp...

Here's a tip- turn on advanced tweakables and use autostruts. They're not physical parts so they've got no drag, but still improve your ship's structural integrity.

EDIT:

I just built what is definitely my best armoured vehicle so far:

screenshot293screenshot292

It can withstand up to six rockets from a hydra turret (three on each side):

screenshot298

The above is after six direct hits. It might be able to withstand a seventh though, if the rocket hits the wheels or something

However, the vehicle is unnamed. Any suggestions?

Stats:

Max speed is 125 m/s, and stability is excellent, along with durability (it can ram the VAB and destroy it without losing a single part). 90 parts

Edited by Earthlinger

3 hours ago, NotAnAimbot said:

Use BDA armor plates. They're available in its latest version.

Is there any particular advantage to them or something? I prefer the structural panels just based on looks. The colour of BD armoury's version looks funky to me :P 

1 hour ago, NotAnAimbot said:

Way better damage resistance. A single plate can take about 4 Abrams turret shots before exploding.

Huh okay I didn't know that. I'll make some redesigns :P

In the meantime.....

screenshot320

Two of these per rocket :D

33 minutes ago, Sidestrafe2462 said:

and your computer can only take 30 parts? i thought mine was bad

Are you referring to me, or...?

Mine can handle around 300 parts, but with serious lag. Send some pics of your ships once you have them :D

(copy-pasted from my WIP 

Not stellar quality, but they should be enough. The showcased crafts are my F-19 (The large, Su-35 like plane) and F-25 (The smaller plane, which I tried making like a mix of the Su-57 and my F-19)

G3YL8Tp.pngBfcfpQo.png

bR3qfXm.png

029qPA1.png

I think the engines weren't the only ones on wet mode after this near miss...

iSLLliX.png

And the one below is shortly after the one above... It was a staged fight between the two

fXhltMB.png

The mod is DCK so it shouldn't affect stock compatibility

Edited by NotAnAimbot

24 minutes ago, NotAnAimbot said:

Not stellar quality, but they should be enough. The showcased crafts are my F-19 (The large, Su-35 like plane) and F-25 (The smaller plane, which I tried making like a mix of the Su-57 and my F-19)

They look great :D

I'm going to start working on a gunship. I'll post it soon :P

7bk9Lgm.pngfinished the Desolator class, its a beast and yet somehow has only 15 parts more than my puny battleship

FmYT3pG.png

hella bad steering but its awesome crazy aa firepower and lots of main cannons, 7 in total for a amazing fire rate

x03OEbU.pngthe battleship

dual goalkeepers is the only real good thing there

bb is modded as of now, will fix later

680-90 parts each

okay lag

That Dreadnought of yours looks quite impressive :D

Coincidentally, I also have a ship called 'Dreadnought'

screenshot246

Main armament is seven Abrams Cannons and two intermediate-level goalkeepers for anti-aircraft defence. 5 smoke dispensers and four flare ones. The radiators can actually cool down the ship's damaged parts, though the armour is so abysmal that they're rarely effective.

screenshot257

The advantage of thin armour is speed: top is 43 m/s, and turn rates are actually quite good. 100 parts.

It'd be interesting to set up a match between my Dreadnought and your Battleship (since I doubt mine could take on your own Dreadnought without being completely trampled lol) :D

16 hours ago, Sidestrafe2462 said:

ill have to do some redesigning of my battleship for more length, top speed 70 mps right now

Wait are you talking about the battleship which you posted pictures of? And it moves at 70 m/s? How'd you manage that lol :D

the small battleship has that speed, uses those massive turbofans (two of them) , and a float system to hydroplane across those lagy sprays

and the floats make it pretty tough, though 7 cannons will probably be more than my ship can handle if it goes for missiles

should remove them the battleships uses misslies but cannons are more effective

still working on the dread

the goliath engines

and with your spray problem, use the trim. Alt S or whatever for automatic pitch setting

1 minute ago, Sidestrafe2462 said:

you made it with exactly 100? i made my dread out of 600 XD the prescision

Ha ha yeah, I have a 100 part limit on the craft I submit, since my company's combat strategy is based around large groups of small craft

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.