Kethane Station Discussion

Halban

Anyone know how well those giant, 150 m/s impact tolerance wheels hold up against cannon fire? I know the ruggedized ones are quite sturdy and resistant to small arms fire, but what about the big ones? And to shells from, say, an Abrams cannon? From what I've seen, wheels are actually more resistant/durable than armour plating.

*No, I am definitely not making a prototype ship made out of wheels. Don't be ridiculous. Shoo.

2 hours ago, Earthlinger said:

Anyone know how well those giant, 150 m/s impact tolerance wheels hold up against cannon fire?

Not very well. BDA damage is mostly overheating parts, and as of now only the armor parts work very well at sustaining continuous cannon fire.

This is all theory tho, never tried using the wheels as armor...

Edited by NotAnAimbot

2 hours ago, Sidestrafe2462 said:

tried to make a destriyer with torpedoes, tow missiles hit water, all missiles hit water, and for some reason the roket turrets wont do damamge.

Missiles are relatively easy to stop with some proper AA. I suggest you just pack a few of the lasers for that purpose, and then stock up on Abrams cannons for the heavy ordnance :D

5 hours ago, Sidestrafe2462 said:

tried to make a destriyer with torpedoes, tow missiles hit water, all missiles hit water, and for some reason the roket turrets wont do damamge.

Give some pics, maybe it's missile launch direction that's causing this.

Maybe set missiles to launch forwards at max speed

Argh!

All my ships have armour issues lol :D

On ‎2017‎-‎10‎-‎10 at 7:03 PM, NotAnAimbot said:

Way better damage resistance. A single plate can take about 4 Abrams turret shots before exploding.

Um.....you sure about that statistic? They're definitely better than structural plates, but they still explode pretty fast, from what I've seen. Maybe I'm not attaching them right :P

1 hour ago, NotAnAimbot said:

That applied to BDA 1.3. BDA 1.3.1 has now loveed up armor plates to the point they're useless and die in a single shot.

i was wondering why it was doing that.....

though it also depends on the mounting that you put it on, had structural plates blowing up behind armour and dropping it

wish a propeller mod or maybe BAD-T was included in the the modlist though, love the w2 weps

aviator arsenal

Okay, so the combat strategy of my company is essentially to deploy large groups of small and expendable craft, but lately I find myself noticing that naval vessels are particularly hard to keep within the 100 part limit I set myself. Luckily, rockets aren't too hard to keep within the limit (at least not ones that only go to Duna/Minmus/the Mun).

As such, I'd like to edit my submission so that the 100 part limit applies only to ground and atmospheric craft (and rockets), but not wet navy ships.

However, Hatbat's series places a lot of emphasis on space combat, so I was wondering how likely it is for the series to feature wet navy ships. Does anybody know?

I wouldnt put it past him to include it, but honestly, I think you're fine. The likely-hood is small it seems. Meanwhile, in my long absence I have made two stock space battleships I was rather proud of. The first one is an Azimov class destroyer named the Spectre, ( https://kerbalx.com/Mycroft_33/Spectre ) and the second is as yet unnamed, https://imgur.com/a/WRSia , and I wanted feedback on how good these ships seemed. Anyone?

Thanks,

Mycroft

Edited by Mycroft

11 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

Any way you can think either of them can be improved?

Well, depending on what the thrust to weight ratio is, you might want to include a couple of high-thrust rocket engines. (To be used in short bursts, or something)

Aesthetically speaking, they look as well as they can be, though that depends on you.

For stock weaponry (at least for unguided torpedoes) turn rate and maneuverability is pretty crucial so that you can line up the shots easily. I have no idea what the agility of your ships is though.

Edited by Earthlinger

Made a new 'Ordnance Drone' for my company (AXON Robotics)

screenshot576screenshot567

There are two hydra turrets at the bottom of the wings, though they're a little hard to see. 30 parts, self-sustainable (electricity-wise)

Edited by Earthlinger

1 hour ago, Spartwo said:

fiddy eight

Those are some interesting explosions in the background :D

Out of curiosity, how many parts is it?

My fastest 'non-cheaty' ship is 50 m/s, but I have one with part-clipped engines that can move at 60 m/s.

@Spartwo@NotAnAimbot

Do any of you two want to test out your (anti-aircraft) ships against my new drones? :P:

screenshot547

They're the same ones I showed a few posts ago. They're also small (30 parts) and meant for swarm tactics. I only have one ship with a good AA defence, but it refuses to operate anything except the lasers, which these drones can avoid quite easily. Thus, I'm looking for a volunteer to pit their (undoubtedly better) ships against three or four of these :D

I'm new to Dropbox btw so tell me if this link doesn't work: https://www.dropbox.com/s/e55zm8bx3m2gyht/Ordnance Drone - Hydra.craft?dl=0&m

Edited by Earthlinger

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.