Kethane Station Discussion

Halban

33 minutes ago, MiffedStarfish said:

How do your drones avoid a weapon which travels at the speed of light? XD

Lol, I mean they can break the lock just by maneuvering (although the AI is a bit too dumb to do that all the time). Also, they have a pretty high TWR, so they fly fast

Nice ship btw :D Top speed?

Just now, MiffedStarfish said:

I’m not really sure, haven’t gone for a straight speed run, but the hull is the same as what I used against your battlecruiser and that could go around 25m/s. Im going to add another Goliath though, so that should speed it up.

I made a destroyer :D

screenshot556screenshot554

55 m/s top speed. 100k D-V. It blows up easily though :P

lets go man!!! i got a few new mods, i wanna test the bofors guns XD (they are absolutely insane and cool)

my best speed? over 85 mps , used the hollow structural hulls, they like levitate your ships, thats on like my pt boats though, like 4/5 m230s and 2 rocket turrets (though they seem to be broke) 

been messing around with bomber centered battles, putting guns around the ksc and fighter defenders, then flying bombers in from the island

covered by fighters

I ran a nighttime assault with Paladin G2 (one of my armoured cars) and it managed to take out the four sentry turrets guarding the KSC with only minimal damage. (One wheel was broken and several structural plates/wing parts were destroyed by 50 cal fire, but that was it).

screenshot617

Does anyone else primarily use armoured cars instead of tanks?

EDIT: I made another vehicle:

Spoiler
screenshot629screenshot628

A small ATV for mountainous travel. It's not very good in combat though, so it's more of a recon/scouting type thing. Once I finish a heavy assault truck and a naval corvette, I will update my submission. All the craft displayed in my current submission will be replaced with 'Generation 2' vehicles. (10 in total). Paladin G2 will stay though. I will try to do this update sometime in the next week, but I am pressed on time, so no promises :P

Edited by Earthlinger

Added a new plane to my post

MDL F-25 Fencer

2W6IusI.png

Despite several modernizations, refits and drastic redesigns, it was felt that the F-2 airframe had reached its limits after thirty years of service. Thus was begun a new project, under the code name "FA-SARR" (Frontline Application of Stealth and Active RCS Reduction), to create a fighter to replace the Predator in air superiority roles. Focus was put on stealth, as the name suggested, resulting in a sleek aircraft with less than 2/3 of the radar cross-section of the F-2, while simultaneously lightening the plane by two tons and increasing maneuverability. It was recently accepted into service under the designation "Fencer", and proves a powerful challenger to any current designs in BVR and WVR combat.

The non-stock paint is DCK and the craft file is fully compatible with stock KSP

Edited by NotAnAimbot

I feel like you guys (the people officially involved in Kethane Station) should get someone to do a 'public relations' sort of thing, so that the rest of us could get updates or things like that. I also think you should tell us a little about what type of craft you're looking for, so that we don't just throw around random creations that you may not ever use :)

Major update/modernization of my submission and it's craft. Everything is new! :D

Literally just uploaded it twenty minutes ago though, so there may be some typos and mistakes in the formatting. Will add more stuff over the coming week and make corrections

8 hours ago, NotAnAimbot said:

New tank, although based on an existing one. Any comments?

Looks good :D

Wouldn't the smoke be better near the front or middle though? In the back, it doesn't obscure the tank as much, especially if it's moving forwards.

8 hours ago, Earthlinger said:

Wouldn't the smoke be better near the front or middle though?

In the middle it would either clip the turret or be shot off easily if placed on the sides. Same thing at the front. The rear upper part was where I least expect a shot to come from, so the smoke pod is safer there. the cloud is big enough to cover the whole tank anyways.

• 2 weeks later...

Happy December everyone! Guess who's back from the dead!

That's right, it's time for my semi-annual emergence from hibernation once again. My first semester of college has winded down, and I now have a few weeks where I have to do absolutely nothing at all. That, of course, means its time to re-ignite my addiction to virtual heroin, aka Kerbal Space Program.

To kick off the break, a new challenger approaches for the ground war!

The AV-1A1[HA] Valrus MBT - A tank long in the making, the Valrus is my attempt at a functioning Abrams replica. I originally made the Valrus almost two years ago, in December 2015, but I never submitted it since I didn't feel I could make it just right. Since then, it's shown its worth in multiplayer skirmishes and extensive testing, making a solid heavy-hitter to accompany the Vikus IFV in ground combat missions.

Additionally,  I've made slight modifications to several CAI fighters, and ensured all my crafts are up-to-date with 1.3.1:

• F-73 Aquila - Slightly shortened front canards, hid Advanced SAS in cargo bay to smooth out the color scheme, readjusted weapons payload to a single "multirole" setup.
  • F-51E Garuda - Widened and shortened main fuselage to adjust overall dimensions, added two auxiliary fuel drop tanks underneath the wings for "long range" look, readjusted weapons payload for a "strike fighter" setup.
  • F-93 Condor - Modified landing gear setup and readjusted layout of weapons pylons for a more "light fighter" feel. Light fighters shouldn't carry half their weight in armament!

All four of these crafts are now up on KerbalX since I cannot stand Dropbox anymore, and these of course can all be found on my submission page. Enjoy!

oaOzsf9.png

YOO4XES.png

Edited by Mobius

@HatBat Do you mind if planes don't have much fuel? For example, I made this plane (check the spoiler) which in my opinion is aesthetically pleasing (by my standards, don't know what yours are :D) but it only has five minutes of D-V when the afterburner is on.

Spoiler

yk0mIGZ.pngUpJ3nfS.jpgz2OC5pW.png

It's very maneuverable, and the part count is decently low (59, including ammunition and everything). The only problem is the fuel levels, so....do planes have to be capable of traveling large distances, or is something low-range okay?

I am submitting a craft file for the HKA and this craft has met 99.9 percent of the qualifications of the rules (aka, the action groups and has a part count of 351 part.. yet is redeemable) this ship is fully stock and is ready for use, I have tested the craft and thrown the bugs and problems out the window and it should work.. if however it does not work please inform me to work on the issues once I am able to repost a spacecraft (because that's what I'm focusing on).. I'm mumbling on for to long so I will just get on with it. it isn't really good at turning or speed but its weapons keep should keep it from being destroyed (hopefully) 

and. ya, I hope this craft is used in the series. if not, oh well. thank you for you for reading 

Screenshot

https://imgur.com/a/6GBdt

Craft link

(having issues getting the craftfile will update soon)

2 hours ago, QualifiedESAengineer said:

aka, the action groups and has a part count of 351 part.. yet is redeemable

.....I'm probably misunderstanding something here, but are you saying there's a rule against action groups....? I can't find that anywhere :P

Also, 351 parts isn't much :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.