Kethane Station Discussion

Halban

@NotAnAimbot. The T-80U might be a cold-war tank, but it can easily compete with the T-90 and is far more powerful than any of the leopard, AMX, Jaguar, and Abrams series tanks (it will completely flatten an M1 Abrams, but an M1A1 might survive a few more minutes).

If I'd have my own armoured platoon, I would pair up T-80Us with high end, modern T-72s.

If one T-80U meets up with five AMX 30s, the AMX 30s should just scram and pray, as they should also do upon meeting leopard 2s, jaguar 2s, M1A1 Abrams, etc,etc...

Edited by Matuchkin

4 minutes ago, Matuchkin said:

but it can easily compete with the T-90

Well, a T-90 is literally a T-72 modified with armor and a gun from the T-80, so both would be on equal footing. The T-80 was more expensive to produce, so the T-90 wins it because of availability.

5 minutes ago, Matuchkin said:

it will completely flatten an M1 Abrams, but an M1A1 might survive a few more minutes

105mm M1 is surely dead, but M1A1 HA/C with depleted uranium armor would definitely make a good match. AMX Leclerc can definitely compete with it, it has about the same gun at 52 calibers, and a Leopard (Not Jaguar, it's a plane, pic related) 2A6/7 with L55 gun will definitely own it. That's without bringing in the Challenger 2.

Jaguar_DF-SD-05-05511.JPEG (2320×1740)

3 minutes ago, NotAnAimbot said:

Not Jaguar, it's a plane, pic related

Oi, I fumbled there. Accidentally referenced the TOW launcher.

Anyway, what are the strategies you use to create your ground vehicles?

Because of BDA's lack of stabilizers, I base mine around static defense. I usually add something like 10 plates of structural panels to the fronts of my tanks. 3 plates to the fronts of my lighter vehicles.

On 5/10/2016 at 8:57 PM, Matuchkin said:

Anyway, what are the strategies you use to create your ground vehicles?

Yeah, the BDA guns seem rather imprecise compared to their real-life counterparts. An M1 turret misses like 4 shots on 5 when aimed at my tanks.

I just got into ground vehicles, but I'm trying to stick to heavier armor. I'm developing my first tank chassis now, and am getting an upgrade program underway for the ICV-1.

If you're going for static defenses, remember I have the B-2 with over 60 JDAMs. Unless you're with GMI, static defenses aren't going to work well, since HKA is going on a mobile armored offensive.

Oh yeah @Matuchkin, where's your company's hub?

Edited by NotAnAimbot

Here's something more for GMI tanks. Correct me if I'm wrong, but HKA doesn't have any for now that aren't still usable in 1.1

Wolverine 1A1 MBT, the newest ground product from Aimbot Labs. As its name suggests, the Wolverine is a jack of all trades tank, capable of speed and having decent armor and weapons. It's also pretty cheap and light; only 4 tons heavier than the Vikus 25A2, and costs a third of the price while providing much more combat ability. Current armament is a single L/44 120mm smoothbore gun and two 12.7mm M2 Browning HMGs in a full traverse turret. The front hull is equipped with 1st generation "Brossard" composite armor, and more upgrades are planned to increase protection. The "Brossard" armor has been able to easily withstand 120mm shots and TOW missiles, although top armor hits from Hellfires are problematic, even though extra plates have been added. Interior protection has been brought to a new level, with several plates protecting the piloting and ammunition compartment. A laser rangefinder and infrared camera has been provided to both commander and gunner for augmented situational awareness. Maximum speed attainable is of 84km/h, making the Wolverine the perfect tool for maneuver warfare and combined arms. Be careful when climbing hills however, as speeds exceeding 12m/s do not guarantee the wheels will make it through.

Development for upgrades and chassis-based vehicles is already underway.

THiwlvW.png

1)Fire weapon

2)Switch weapon

Edited by NotAnAimbot

New tank came out from the protoype stage today. Probably going to be posting this soon onto dropbox within the zip files i have up there.

Q6BIVTp.png

Was listening to the Soviet National Anthem when making this beast btw. Will update this post when completed with specifications.

Edit: 05/12/16

I have changed my mind. I do believe that this Russian based tank will be to stronk for HKA forces, therefore ruining the series.

Actually the tank had just caused a bit too many problems for me....Had to shut the project down.

Edited by Greymangames
Mind has been changed

17 hours ago, Greymangames said:

going to be posting this soon onto dropbox within the zip files i have up there.

Got links for your earlier tanks?

Edit: Never mind, found the hub.

Edited by NotAnAimbot

On 5/8/2016 at 10:28 PM, Greymangames said:

Jacob Heavy tank:

Feedback from a fellow GMI member for the Jacob MkII;

Despite its bulk, the Jacob seems to have poorer protection than other lighter tanks due to the front. The only sloped armored plate, when destroyed, gives the enemy a perfect shot for ammuniton stowage space, enabling him to easily blow up the turret or the entire tank. Not being equipped with suitable targeting systems, the Jacob is at great disadvantage at long range. In a 1000m combat test against the Wolverine 1A1, it scored no shots, while the enemy scored all his. Allied with those flaws is the gigantic cost of 1.5 million, more than 6 times that of the Vikus and 30 times that of the 1A1. The suggestions are as follow:

-Improve front armor

-Reduce part count by removing unnecessary ammunition boxes, plates and energy generators

-Change layout for internal components

-Add necessary non-combat material to put it at the same level as enemy designs. 

Edited by NotAnAimbot

6 hours ago, NotAnAimbot said:

Feedback from a fellow GMI member for the Jacob MkII;

Despite its bulk, the Jacob seems to have poorer protection than other lighter tanks due to the front. The only sloped armored plate, when destroyed, gives the enemy a perfect shot for ammuniton stowage space, enabling him to easily blow up the turret or the entire tank. Not being equipped with suitable targeting systems, the Jacob is at great disadvantage at long range. In a 1000m combat test against the Wolverine 1A1, it scored no shots, while the enemy scored all his. Allied with those flaws is the gigantic cost of 1.5 million, more than 6 times that of the Vikus and 30 times that of the 1A1. The suggestions are as follow:

-Improve front armor

-Reduce part count by removing unnecessary ammunition boxes, plates and energy generators

-Change layout for internal components

-Add necessary non-combat material to put it at the same level as enemy designs. 

Thank you for your advice.

Edited by Greymangames

Actual new tank development of the Jacob class:

OikwxGQ.png

The Mk IV variant of the Jacob class (now a light tank due to it's renewed size), this tank offers superior protection, durability and maneuverability compared to the former MK II. A Mk III had been developed, promising heavier armor and durability with it. However, the project had instead spurned only system upgrades. This variant now costs much less to produce and only uses 230 parts, weighing only 20.56 pounds. It also has been equipped with an additional layer of armor to improve protection. However, due to it's small size, no room had been left for a cockpit to be added. Therfore, GME has instead fitted the Jacob Class with a standalone probe core to pilot the Tank. However, should the need arise, Grey Empire Co. will supply a manned variant in order to meet demand.

The MK IV Jacob Class Tank houses an armament of one 30mm Chain gun to soften armor and an Abrams Cannon to obliterate it. With the new variant comes a superior targeting system (whereas the MK II had none at all), capable of matching the Wolverine 1A1.

Hopefully this will be the last upgrade i will need to make to this tank....

3 hours ago, NotAnAimbot said:

A pretty nice cinematic if @HatBat needs inspiration. Would be very laggy to reproduce though.

Its 1.1 now, multi threaded goodness shall protect us from the lag.:D

But on a serious note, you probably good achieve really good footage without lag, as extra armor plating etc. would not be needed,  because the main goal would be nice aesthetics.

6 hours ago, NotAnAimbot said:

There's a locked part, know why?

No actually. There shouldn't be any locked parts that I know of. Have you tried opening the craft file in-game to figure out the requested part directory that is missing? I may be able to help y'all from there. 

Edit 5/17/16 9:52 : Ah, i see why. You're missing the logo i had put on the tank. I intended to remove it, but i think i may have accidentally saved the tank with the logo still on.

Whoops. I'll get that fixed soon. 

Edit 5/17/16 10:06 : Just updated the Craft to not include the logo on it and uploaded the logo in case any further mistakes like this occur.

Edited by Greymangames

Just a small note to anyone who has downloaded the Wolverine 1A1; I've updated the design, since the old one had a serious trouble about turrets falling down after a small impact. A big thanks to @Greymangames and his Jacob for helping me figure it out.

Edited by NotAnAimbot

36 minutes ago, JTpopcorn said:

when the ground near it gets hit, it gets launched into the air and normally lands sideways...

Weighty parts which don't explode I guess, like landing gears and stuff. How much does your tank weigh?

And careful about not making it too heavy either, lest it be too slow.

Edited by NotAnAimbot

The newest product from Aimbot Labs, the 1k11 Self-propelled Combined Anti-Air Gun And Missile System Tundra

Having found no equivalent cheap gun anti-air units in GMI's armory, Aimbot Labs began development of the 1K11 to provide the defending force with an effective air defense network. The 35mm caliber was chosen, as large ammunition supplies were available, and tests proved a two-barreled design to be as effective as the competing GAU-8 based systems. With its twin guns, the 1K11 reaches a total fire rate of over 2000 rounds per minute, while keeping a relatively low weight and cost. Allied with this gun is an innovative combined missile system composed of eight AIM-9 Sidewinders. This gives the 1K11 an even greater range, and ability to operate while SEAD aircraft are within range, unlike most other radar-based systems. With mobility equivalent to the latest Wolverine MBTs and a cost of less than 50-60k, the 1K11 is the sure choice for an effective close-range air defense system.

AVjx7NK.png

I've also modified the ICV-1s to ICV-1B standards, incorporating lessons learned from the Wolverine project.

Working on a video featuring the history of the series right now. I'm still on the look out for a meaning to the 'HKA' acronym. I'm pretty sure I'm going to have 'Kerbin Advancement' or 'Kethane and Aerospace' though I've no idea what to use the 'H' for without resorting to 'HatBat'. Any ideas?

Perhaps:

Heinrik Kerman Aerospace (or any other H-name), retcon it so that Heinrik was a great pioneer in aerospace who dreamed of a more peaceful future, but knew that military force was necessary to achieve it.

Heavy Kethane Administration, implying large-scale kethane mining,

8 hours ago, HatBat said:

HKA

High Kerbal Alliance? Some kind of NATO equivalent to defend Kerbin from invaders and internal war, which obviously didn't do its full job. I know it seems a bit off, but with the escalation to full blown war, a simple mining company seems a bit diminutive of HKA's current job. Possibly a multi-nation economic alliance?

If you're going with the aerospace and kethane idea, Heavy Kethane Administration seems a very good idea. 

Edited by NotAnAimbot

1 hour ago, NotAnAimbot said:

High Kerbal Alliance? Some kind of NATO equivalent to defend Kerbin from invaders and internal war, which obviously didn't do its full job.

If you're going with the aerospace and kethane idea, Heavy Kethane Administration seems a very good idea. 

It can't be a military themed name as that's not how HKA started. They only militarised out of necessity. I'm not sure about 'Heavy' as it's not really applicable to HKA. Any other suggestions?

Edited by HatBat

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.