Kethane Station Discussion

Halban

24 minutes ago, Matuchkin said:

Not bad for a thing that size.

Just finished a test flight with 110 JDAMs. Taking in account that the B-2 flies at T/W ratio of 0.25 at its maximum load, the B-2A was only at 0.45, so it could have carried even more if there was space.

The PG-4 Arkbird only has 30 bombs. R.I.P. HKA I guess.

The disadvantage is that it takes around 30 mins to get to its operating altitude.

Edited by NotAnAimbot

Here are the screenshots.

Unfortunately, a bomb clipped into another, and the plane blew up. The tests are still a success, and both pilots made it out thanks to the ejection pod.

I've also tested the escape pod a bit more @JTpopcorn. Even if used on the runway, it pushes the cockpit far enough for safety, and the drogue chutes do a good job slowing it down.

Edited by NotAnAimbot

34 minutes ago, NotAnAimbot said:

Just finished a test flight with 110 JDAMs. Taking in account that the B-2 flies at T/W ratio of 0.25 at its maximum load, the B-2A was only at 0.45, so it could have carried even more if there was space.

The PG-4 Arkbird only has 30 bombs. R.I.P. HKA I guess.

The disadvantage is that it takes around 30 mins to get to its operating altitude.

I got this new version of my super bomber going along, with more manoeuvrability. I'm totally adding more external mounts.

Edited by Matuchkin

44 minutes ago, NotAnAimbot said:

Looks like it tho

Except for the giant vape in the background

T'is Sarnus

It isn't landed. In fact, it's about 200 KM above the surface.

Also: Shhhhhhhhoot. Wrong thread

Edited by The Optimist

44 minutes ago, The Optimist said:

Wait a minute

I don't think this is Duna, boys 

Wrong thread for that m8...

2 hours ago, NotAnAimbot said:

Just finished a test flight with 110 JDAMs.

Proof we need bigger bombs. Even with the update 110 seperate "crafts" all in close proximity creates some lag, especially if you're like me and using Scatterer and EVE

1 hour ago, JTpopcorn said:

Proof we need bigger bombs

Well, apart from the 2000lb Paveway, I don't think there's any bigger bombs. I've actually seen some while visiting RCAF hangars, the flight engineers say they're enough to blow up their whole maintenance building. Pic related are our planes, love the fake CF-188 cockpits.

McDonnell_Douglas_CF-188_Hornet,_Canada_

Unless we get North Kerbin Dynamics in with the nuclear warheads.

Edited by NotAnAimbot

Made a huge mistake. I've been messing with my hard-drives over the last few days since I reinstalled Windows. Made one wrong move and now all the footage for episode 25 is gone, all the footage for two new films is gone, all my editing software and delicate workflow is gone along with everything else I needed to make videos. Not sure where to go from here. 

18 minutes ago, HatBat said:

Made a huge mistake. I've been messing with my hard-drives over the last few days since I reinstalled Windows. Made one wrong move and now all the footage for episode 25 is gone, all the footage for two new films is gone, all my editing software and delicate workflow is gone along with everything else I needed to make videos. Not sure where to go from here. 

Start all over again!:D and start making backups as you go....

Love your stuff by the way, very cool.

1 hour ago, HatBat said:

Huge might be an understatement...

You might want to consider making a different type of episode as a "filler" video. Kind of like a bts or something.

Good luck

2 hours ago, HatBat said:

It's unlikely it's gone gone. Don't freak out, don't write anything (else) on that drive, isolate it from the rest, and take a breath. It's rather difficult to actually erase the raw information.

With appropriate disk scanning software (I'm out of the loop, but a google search will probably point you the right way, or a fellow forumnite will pitch in in a short while), you can probably at least recover most of the video files. Those are big files, so big chunks of them should be easy to find by programs scanning for incomplete/lost files. See, when you erase something, or format a drive, you don't actually erase anything. You just tell the drive to forget where it's stored, and tell it it's okay to start writing over it. But there are programs that can deep-scan a drive, looking for files that are lying around. Mind you! It will find everything that is there, and it won't know the original names, so, impossible to recover a specific .txt file, for example. But as I said, big video files might be a doable thing, if you have the time to short them out afterwards.

Rune. Good luck!

Edited by Rune

3 hours ago, JTpopcorn said:

Problem is he started reinstalling stuff including Windows

He does mention it happened after he reinstalled Windows, so his files should be fine.

Don't force yourself too much either @HatBat. If you really need one, just take a break, and wait a while instead of overstressing over lost data.

15 minutes ago, NotAnAimbot said:

He does mention it happened after he reinstalled Windows, so his files should be fine.

Don't force yourself too much either @HatBat. If you really need one, just take a break, and wait a while instead of overstressing over lost data.

Recovery process is under way, the windows install happened before files were deleted so there is a *chance* of recovery.

37 minutes ago, JTpopcorn said:

If anyone has any experience recovering data from an hdd

This guy

(Deleted pic about a guy passing a strong magnet over his HDD and destroying it after deleting system32)

Edited by NotAnAimbot

Thanks for the advice @Rune, I did a 3 hour scan and I seem to have found the lost footage. The trouble now is finding somewhere to put it without possibly overwriting other copies of the files if what I've found turns out to be corrupt. @NotAnAimbot I don't think that post is entirely appropriate for the KSP forums.

8 minutes ago, HatBat said:

I don't think that post is entirely appropriate for the KSP forums.

Just a joke about losing a entire HDD and ruining it with a magnet.

You could copy your files to an external hard drive, or an SD/USB card, if there's enough space. Anyways, I'm glad you got your problem solved.

Just now, NotAnAimbot said:

Just a joke about losing a entire HDD and ruining it with a magnet.

You could copy your files to an external hard drive, or an SD/USB card, if there's enough space. Anyways, I'm glad you got your problem solved.

My point is that some of the wording is stuff that would be blocked if written out on the forum. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.