Reliant Robin, and Pinkie Pie

oxbowlake

Yesterday I posted these elsewhere on the net, but made an account here today because I figured some people might also be interested.

Reliant Robin. A small three wheeled car that was rocket launched on the Top Gear TV show, I was surprised to see that a decent Robin part has never been made. So I did.

Pinkie Pie. (From My Little Pony) After making the Reliant Robin, I also wanted to include a bonus in the file. Something uselessly silly with only novelty value. Something pointlessly dumb that serves no proper purpose. It was either this or a grand piano.

Disclaimer: Not a "brony". Never watched an episode of MLP. Only barely aware it existed due to other forum posts on the internet. Just learned of Pinkie Pie's name three days ago.

More info here:

http://www.reddit.com/r/KerbalSpaceProgram/comments/2ehuma/i_made_a_reliant_robin_command_pod/

hcFOrev.png

1yo8gZh.png

rPyBzrJ.png

d8Z27N3.png

https://www.sendspace.com/file/2ml5we

----

Mod note: Fixed the links for you. You need to include the file extension name. ~Claw

Edited by Claw
Edited to show actual images, not just links.

I actually made one of those a loooong time ago...

Yep. After doing a search, I found your model and it was the one that inspired me to make an up to date model with an interior, can be driven, up to date .cfg format and so forth etc...

I did try yours initially, but maybe due to it being an old format or something, it wasnt quite right with 24.2:

bbXGLKr.jpg

I have no idea why there is a MLP in ksp though D:

Sacrifice for the space kraken perhaps? Just send it on a one way trip to Jool and hopefully the kraken will eat that instead of that grand tour vessel you have halfway to Dres.

haha, yeah I figured it would be a mess if I tried to just load it in. You did a good job with the new one! That said if you or anybody else want to use any of my assets I give full permission to do so. I have the original 3dsmax files... somewhere.

• 4 weeks later...

I grinned so hard when I saw this. I'm so glad I saw that bit from Top Gear. It's really crazy what people (TV Company) can do when they have a lot of money. I'm kind of jealous of those engineers, though, haha. They got handed a really cool project to work on.

For those of you not in on the joke...

Re-watching it, I forgot how successful they were*... Up until that last part. Such a tragedy! I really feel sorry for those engineers. I hope they realized that they shouldn't feel too badly, though. Rocket science is hard stuff, after all.

I love how #3 and #5 have an awesome takeoff acceleration... Just in the wrong direction. And hey, I'm really impressed those engineers managed to build a rocket that builds and ignites itself at 2:40! Judging by the fact that two of those rockets built and ignited themselves in opposite directions, though, I get the impression that that wasn't an intentional feature :P Ohwell. The more features the marrier, right?

*Having seen STS-133 launch, I have to say; cameras completely fail to capture the experience of a rocket launch of any kind. You really have to see one yourself some time; it's the only way to understand how exhilerating it is, and why people are jumping up and down and yelling when it happens (

. It's a rare gem in terms of capturing the experience. Listen to the crowds cheer at 1:40!). Until you see one yourself, the best way to convey the experience might be by showing other peoples' reactions: that's something interesting I noted from the filmography there (in the Top Gear video) that'll really help my writing!

When it comes to the Space Shuttle, if you're at 7 miles, you either just go quiet in speechless awe or start cheering. Within 4 miles, though, a third option appears:

, haha XD

(Thought I'd also point out; the difference in-between the experience of actually being there and watching that video is so great that it produces a comical effect because just watching the video, you have no idea why they're acting like scared animals. Being there is so incredibly different, though, just in the experience of it that video doesn't capture, that you would completely understand.)

Stuntman Roley Kerbal found some volunteers on Minmus to help him demonstrate his 3.5m/s skills to the universe...

http://imgur.com/9FJRa58.png

Pinkie Pie is a species of alien from Minmus? That explains everything (Yeah, she's an oddball to the point where you just shrug it off when all that weird stuff happens because you get used to it from her. Makes it pretty entertaining when a science-minded protagonist spends an entire episode trying to figure out her odd abilities).

Either that, or that's where the Mirror Pool leads...

Edited by Comet Tail

A Reliant Robin.

Oh lord, I've made some cars that drive like those in KSP with FOUR wheels.

One of those actually would drive like a, a really bad handling car or something.

It's been a long day, give me a break.

As for the pony, people have rights to do whatever they want, as much as we might not care, I'm completely fine with people doing things in KSP others might refer to as crazy or weird. It'll make some brony happy or something.

There's a reason people like me don't share what we make, because we think people will judge us, I like it when people actually break that boundary.

And then you know, sometimes we don't share things because they don't work.

RGp3l2Dl.png

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Welcome to the forums, @Dolphin Kerman :)

Unfortunately, as you can see by the dates on posts within this thread, the original thread is a little over 2 years old now, and the last post was made about three months ago. I think it's safe to say that the mod is likely not coming back because it's old enough.

Check dates to make sure the threads are not outdated, and happy forumgoing!