[0.90] B9 Style Shuttle Wings V.1.3 (Updated at 01/10/2015)

gilbr0ther

GiL Brother Homeless Corp.

ff4ff61dd495def546bbed3d6a351f8f_normal.jpegHowdy HO!

I introduce to you the most high-tech scrap, THE SHUTTLE WINGS B9 STYLE

Included:

• 2 Wings
  • 2 Controls Surface
  • 1 Tail Wing

MODs Supported:

• Firespitter (REQUIRED)
  • TweakScale
  • Ferram Aerospace Research

Javascript is disabled. View full album

otPFMFr.jpg

DOWNLOAD

Changelog:

V.1.3

• Fixed small bug
  • Added a new agency

V.1.2

• Mesh Modified
  • Added mirrored mesh using Firespitter plugin
  • Added Airbrake animation
  • Added "Drogue" parachute

V.1.1

• Fix misalignment

V1.0

• First release

Comments please !!

Licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0

Edited by gilbr0ther
Update

Good job, makes it easier than using Procedural Wings, plus they have those iconic curves. I'm sure these could be given good TweakScale configs, too.

Now what we really need is some cluster engine mounts for B9 parts...

you could try these engines, they also have trim adjustments that can be done via action groups, just need a mount to fit B9 or 2.5m coz you have the B9 to 2.5m adapter in the B9 pack

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/55985-0-24-2-27-July-Space-Shuttle-Engines-V2-0-New-folder-structure-and-24-compat?highlight=shuttle

Also i would be interested to know if anyone has tested these with FAR installed and how they perform?

you could try these engines, they also have trim adjustments that can be done via action groups, just need a mount to fit B9 or 2.5m coz you have the B9 to 2.5m adapter in the B9 pack

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/55985-0-24-2-27-July-Space-Shuttle-Engines-V2-0-New-folder-structure-and-24-compat?highlight=shuttle

I've been using these since 0.23. The "mounts" that you refer to are exactly what I find lacking. For example, I want an S2 body adapter to, I don't know, 3x 1.25m and 2x 0.625m, or some other adapters like an S2 to 4x 1.25m, 6x 0.625m and the like.

I've been using these since 0.23. The "mounts" that you refer to are exactly what I find lacking. For example, I want an S2 body adapter to, I don't know, 3x 1.25m and 2x 0.625m, or some other adapters like an S2 to 4x 1.25m, 6x 0.625m and the like.

it may not be exactly what your after but it could be close in the near future construction pack, have you already tried it? http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/52042-0-24-Near-Future-Technologies-%2816-08-14-All-packs-new-parts-balance-fixes%29

Thank you so much for this nice mod! Now my shuttle will flight the right way! Ah ah! :D

But, I don't know if there is a difference between the two wings. Hope that I can help you for it! :)

1409069049-2014-08-26-00001.png

1409069075-capture.png

There is a gap beetween the wing and the aileron?

Space_Nico.

Edited by Space_nico

thank you so much for this nice mod! Now my shuttle will flight the right way! Ah ah! :D

but, i don't know if there is a difference between the two wings. Hope that i can help you for it! :)

http://image.noelshack.com/minis/2014/35/1409069049-2014-08-26-00001.png

http://image.noelshack.com/minis/2014/35/1409069075-capture.png

there is a gap beetween the wing and the aileron?

Space_nico.

fixed!! :D

• 2 weeks later...

If only it were possible to have just one standard wing surface, that you could mirror across to the other side of the fuselage. It would solve a lot of my frustration with building spaceplanes with slightly misaligned parts. I understand that the textures make that a little unrealistic, but hey. A boy can dream, right?

Very nice work!

One suggestion though - you can actually make shielded wings without having to create duplicate wing parts. Yes, KSP "symmetry" is utter crap and does no actual mirroring, making wings that are not vertically symmetrical impossible to attach right in the stock game, but you can make use of the Firespitter mesh switcher module that is available in B9. Simply include two wing models (one vertically mirrored) or maybe three wing models (one with no shielding at all) into one part, mark all but one with Icon_Hidden tag and disable their gameobjects, then reference stock B9 parts to get a mesh switcher config working. Boom, you have shielded wings without part clutter.

Very nice work!

One suggestion though - you can actually make shielded wings without having to create duplicate wing parts. Yes, KSP "symmetry" is utter crap and does no actual mirroring, making wings that are not vertically symmetrical impossible to attach right in the stock game, but you can make use of the Firespitter mesh switcher module that is available in B9. Simply include two wing models (one vertically mirrored) or maybe three wing models (one with no shielding at all) into one part, mark all but one with Icon_Hidden tag and disable their gameobjects, then reference stock B9 parts to get a mesh switcher config working. Boom, you have shielded wings without part clutter.

:confused: THANKS bac9

I'll try this!!!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.