[0.90] B9 Style Shuttle Wings V.1.3 (Updated at 01/10/2015)

gilbr0ther

These wings are cool but heres my problem, my shuttle doesnt glide or fly right with them, its almost like theres either no wings on it at all or ive used structual panels for wings, i have the wings set to giant and the same for the control surface, im also using it on the MK3 parts

Using the delta wing, standard control surface and wing connector and structuarl wing does a better job to be honest, i really really like this mod but....is anyone else having this problem? Or anyone have any fixes?

These wings are cool but heres my problem, my shuttle doesnt glide or fly right with them, its almost like theres either no wings on it at all or ive used structual panels for wings, i have the wings set to giant and the same for the control surface, im also using it on the MK3 parts

Using the delta wing, standard control surface and wing connector and structuarl wing does a better job to be honest, i really really like this mod but....is anyone else having this problem? Or anyone have any fixes?

I do not know if the change of the size through the Tweakscale automatically changes the values of aerodynamic or if I need to add some specific command, if anyone knows the answer I will change the settings. But I modified the configurations for the same values of the DeltaWing 4x6m B9 Mod (they already was the same, but forgot to add a measly "}" ) and added a new agency.

New update released!!

Edited by gilbr0ther

This mod looks cool!

Maybe a stupid question but can you make this mod working with stock parts? (i meant that it would connect better to the stock mk3 shape or even make a seperate version for stock ksp parts)

@gilbr0ther: While I understand that the required mods state that you need FAR, does this also work with NEAR? While I'm not a slave to aerodynamic accuracy, I not a fan of the soup-like atmosphere (as Farram4 put it) either.

For sure and I also prefer to play with NEAR

I do not know if the change of the size through the Tweakscale automatically changes the values of aerodynamic or if I need to add some specific command, if anyone knows the answer I will change the settings. But I modified the configurations for the same values of the DeltaWing 4x6m B9 Mod (they already was the same, but forgot to add a measly "}" ) and added a new agency.

New update released!!

thanks for updating, i'll test them out, it still doesnt glide or anything, theyre still the same and also the tail has problems aswell, ask the guy that made tweak scale

should i make a video of whats going on?

Edited by SparkyFox

help 1 of my wings is upside down! its probably the new ksp but how do I put the vab to mirrored mode instead of radial

nvm you have another way of doing it :)

OP shows you and press R im sure or make it in the sph then go to the vab and load the crafts from the sph, save and its in the VAB list

• 2 weeks later...

first of all, great mod! i was looking for these wings now that i decided to use Mk IV and forgot it's name, Alshain was nice enough to give me the link to it! :)

second, is this intended? it seems that neither the wings nor the control surfaces generate lift, if i attach a winglet, canard or something to the fuselage the CoL moves right to it and acts as if there's no wing present

screenshot93.png

i'm using FAR, and as soon as i reenter and try to roll the shuttle goes everywhere except where i want it to go, and doesn't regain stability by no mean

oh, and i have used tweaksclae to resize them to their biggest size, but when i used the normal size i also didn't seem to get lift from it... the tail spoilers do work however, but as soon as i deploy or retract them i have a severe pitch change

Edited by JoseEduardo

first of all, great mod! i was looking for these wings now that i decided to use Mk IV and forgot it's name, Alshain was nice enough to give me the link to it! :)

second, is this intended? it seems that neither the wings nor the control surfaces generate lift, if i attach a winglet, canard or something to the fuselage the CoL moves right to it and acts as if there's no wing present

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg235/JoseEduardobr/screenshot93.png

i'm using FAR, and as soon as i reenter and try to roll the shuttle goes everywhere except where i want it to go, and doesn't regain stability by no mean

oh, and i have used tweaksclae to resize them to their biggest size, but when i used the normal size i also didn't seem to get lift from it... the tail spoilers do work however, but as soon as i deploy or retract them i have a severe pitch change

Hi Zé!

I used the same configurations of the delta wing B9 Mod, they also does not present the lifting arrow. I tried another configuration previously but if you build in VAB, the lifting arrow pointing to the right, then I changed to this.

Hi Zé!

I used the same configurations of the delta wing B9 Mod, they also does not present the lifting arrow. I tried another configuration previously but if you build in VAB, the lifting arrow pointing to the right, then I changed to this.

i've made a Mk2 Shuttle using your mod, and it did work very well, it's either a design flaw in my MkIV or unbalance... i'll try again with the Mk IV changing the CG, maybe that help (helped in the Mk2 shuttle and in most B9 planes i saw)

however there are three things to notice:

1 - sometimes the right control surface pulls the CoL to the right, if you remove them the CoL is back in the middle again. i have no real workaround to suggest and no idea what might be causing it, i usually need to place the control surfaces on the left wing and then mirror the whole wing for it to work

2 - if you move the wings by using the offset tool the right control surface moves up

3 - right wing is very sensitive, idk what caused it but in the shuttle i shared previously the wing broke as soon as i got to the runway, thus not allowing me to take off, however that did not occur with the Mk2, it's just an wild guess, but it might be the weight, but again, it's just a guess, i'll look more into it...

...Anyone know how to make the rudder go the correct way? It's reversed. I press "d" and it goes left. "A" and it goes right... It's been four days. Can ANYONE help with this?

Small note - After looking at the .cfg file to see if I could find how to correct it, I noticed that the part description is complete nonsense.

"This wing is tilted upward shuttle with slightly more of glue and less plastic."

...What? 1. It's not a 'wing'. 2. The phrase "tilted upward shuttle" ...What? 3. 'of' in this context is a completely unnecessary word.

I replaced it with this - "Stabilizing fin with built-in rudder and airbrake. Chute deployment voids warranty."

Much more accurate, and slightly more in-line with the stock description style.

Edited by Mykill Metal

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

good mod but does not work for me.

The wing looks like a mess,

the control surface is also not working properly.

In the right-click menu no option "Next part variant".

Tail wing work properly.

What I'm doing wrong?

KSP version 0.90.

Please help me.

2b45e5e3780be4c573336610f30239a8.jpg

Edited by Wuwuk

I think, you have to reinstall this mod and by the way, if you have it, B9 Aerospace Part Pack. :)

I reinstall this mod & B9 Pack, but did not help.

Any idea?

UPD:

I replaced firespitter.dll (v7) from USI MKS/OKS and mod works.

Edited by Wuwuk

• 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.