[0.24.2] Interstellar Lite - Tweakscale Integration [v0.12.3][Sept 7]

WaveFunctionP

It appears there is an issue with refueling and reprocessing uranium. I have an idea about why, but it will take me a bit to get a fix completed.

Happens in career and sandbox, I can send you the whole log, but this is the error that it throws when I try to reprocess, it repeats once in output_log for every time I click it:

[Orbit Targeter]: Target is null

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

Also, if I click twice quickly it shows in green letters onscreen (the message system I think) "Target null". Hope this helps.

Happens in career and sandbox, I can send you the whole log, but this is the error that it throws when I try to reprocess, it repeats once in output_log for every time I click it:

[Orbit Targeter]: Target is null

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

Also, if I click twice quickly it shows in green letters onscreen (the message system I think) "Target null". Hope this helps.

That is not kspil. You are just clicking the vessel.

The issue is a fuel flow problem I believe.

I should clean up the tooltips for the science lab when the mode aren't available and give the players some errors when things go wring. It'll be a while before I get fix out. I want to wait for b9 configs before I push as well.

...Reactors are supposed to be partially balanced by cost, and partially by logistics. The logistic portion isn't in...

but I eagerly await it. No really, logistics sounds really fun.

Hmm, I hadn't thought about cost balancing. That is intriguing and I'll have to think about that more and see how it influences my play now that I've gotten to your parts. I might need to find a fund reducing mod also.

I have a bug when i hover over intersteller parts they blow up any idea how to fix it

Mod list-

000_Toolbar

ActiveTextureManagement

ART

B9 R5

BoulderCo

communityResourcePack

Contracts Window

CrossFeedEnabler

CustomAstroids

CustomBiomes

DeadlyReentry

DebRefund

DistantObjects

DmagicOrbitalScience

EnhancedNavball

EnviromentalVisualEnhancments

Fineprint

GenissRage

Hubs

HullcameranVDS

improvedchasecamera

Intersteller

JSI

KAS

Kerbal engineer

kerbalispdiffucultyscaler

kerbinslide

kethane

kinetechanimation

kittopiaspace

klockheed martain

kwrocketry

Lackmisc

magicsmokeindustries

mechjeb2

missioncontrollerEC

modstatistics

MP_Nazari

NASAmission

NEAR

open resource System

Packrat

realchute

realsolarsystem

remotetech2

resgen

resourceconverter

rssbuild

scansat

simplepartorganiser

smokescreen

spaceplane plus

squad

stationscience

texturereplacer

thunderaerospace

treeloader

triggertech

tweakscale

umbraspaceindustires

us_core

US-KAS

vng

First things first, try KSP module fixer.

Module fixer only covers up the symptoms of a faulty install. It's like spraying air freshener to cover up a the smell of dirty laundry. The solution is to clean your laundry.

Edited by WaveFunctionP

I'm having similar problems installing. Basically, if I install everything BUT the Intersteller folder, the game loads fine. but if I install it, then the game won't load up any save games. Shame. Happy to try again with a later version, but probably giving up on it for now.

The mod is great so far, but I'm running into 2 problems:

#1: I'm having trouble figuring out the QVP mode on plasma thrusters. They're supposed to work in a vacuum and require only megajoules, correct? It seems that no matter what altitude of the ship (90km or 900km), the QVP doesn't kick in, even when selecting "Auto QVP." All that button does for me is switch to liquid fuel. I'm not sure how high you need to be, but I imagined that 900km would be high enough for a vacuum.

#2: Parts don't tweak. I don't see any kind of tweak scale slider on any of the KSPI parts. I went ahead and installed the full version of tweakscale, and went through the troubleshooting section of the mod, and still nothing. I imagine this is a problem with tweakscale rather than KSPI, though. I just imagined that a bundled version of tweakscale would work "out of the box," but I must be doing something wrong.

It was a totally clean install for KSPI and tweakscale. Anyone have any ideas? Yes, tweakscale is in the gamedata folder.

The mod is great so far, but I'm running into 2 problems:

#1: I'm having trouble figuring out the QVP mode on plasma thrusters. They're supposed to work in a vacuum and require only megajoules, correct? It seems that no matter what altitude of the ship (90km or 900km), the QVP doesn't kick in, even when selecting "Auto QVP." All that button does for me is switch to liquid fuel. I'm not sure how high you need to be, but I imagined that 900km would be high enough for a vacuum.

#2: Parts don't tweak. I don't see any kind of tweak scale slider on any of the KSPI parts. I went ahead and installed the full version of tweakscale, and went through the troubleshooting section of the mod, and still nothing. I imagine this is a problem with tweakscale rather than KSPI, though. I just imagined that a bundled version of tweakscale would work "out of the box," but I must be doing something wrong.

It was a totally clean install for KSPI and tweakscale. Anyone have any ideas? Yes, tweakscale is in the gamedata folder.

The vacuum mode may be related to the unexplained changes to the fuel mode order that I've notices. I not exactly sure why it is happening, but it is on my list. For now you can switch manually, which should automatically disable it.

If you don't see scale tweaks in the VAB you have a faulty installation. Either mod is installed incorrectly or your ksp install has gone bonkers...it happens to me a lot in heavy testing. To be clear, unless you know what files to edit and delete, do no install the full version of tweakscale until it is updated. Just use the version included with the mod. See the video in the OP on how a proper installation is done.

Very nice! I never used intersteller because it seem to cluttered, complicated, and so sci-fi it's almost fictional, but with some balance and simplification you may well get me to download it yet! Good job, can't wait to see where you take this ;D

The goal with interstellar was apart from the antimatter and warp engines was realism.

The Arc jets plasma engines thermal turbo jets etc are all real concepts which only have engineering challenges to overcome like making reactors small and light enough but with Gas core fission reactors which are a real concept again you can get those kind of energy densities.

Admittedly that you could sink so much energy into them without at least diminishing returns in thrust or ISP was more than a little unrealistic but I don't think this has fixed that.

This mod is not to create a more realistic mod it is to create a mod that fits in better with stock parts and other mods.

Help! I dont have the microwave transmitters!!!!!!!

To be clear, there is no part that is called a transmitter. You should have two big blue and white flat antennae that are capable of transmitting, one is static and one can deploy.

It they are missing, you have a faulty install then. And you will need to watch the video in the OP for detailed instructions about how to install the mod.

- - - Updated - - -

you may find this interesting Wave: Alternative Tree Configurator. Maybe after you pull out the tree loader, you can use this instead.

Maybe. It doesn't support additional nodes at this time though.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.