[0.24.2] Interstellar Lite - Tweakscale Integration [v0.12.3][Sept 7]

WaveFunctionP

The issue I'm having is this: in the previous version of interstellar I was using, the thermal turbojet could also burn LOX and LiquidFuel only. This made it really great for SSTOs and atmospheric landers. The new version only allows the thermal turbojet to burn Air and Atmosphere. Is there a way to add these back to the parts? I've looked into some of the .cfg files and tried a few things but it didn't work and I'm afraid to go much further with our breaking something.

You should be able to copy the Engine propellants over. Also, make sure you are high enough in the Tech Tree. I believ ethat functionality is only available after you unlock the "Basic Fusion" tech node.

You should be able to copy the Engine propellants over. Also, make sure you are high enough in the Tech Tree. I believ ethat functionality is only available after you unlock the "Basic Fusion" tech node.

Yes, you need basic fusion to unlock lfo mode on thermal turbojets. I only removed stat upgrades, not upgrades with interesting mechanics.

Edit: To be clear, you shouldn't have to do anything but go up the tech tree to get lfo mode.

Edited by WaveFunctionP

The issue I'm having is this: in the previous version of interstellar I was using, the thermal turbojet could also burn LOX and LiquidFuel only. This made it really great for SSTOs and atmospheric landers. The new version only allows the thermal turbojet to burn Air and Atmosphere. Is there a way to add these back to the parts? I've looked into some of the .cfg files and tried a few things but it didn't work and I'm afraid to go much further with our breaking something.
Yes, you need basic fusion to unlock lfo mode on thermal turbojets. I only removed stat upgrades, not upgrades with interesting mechanics.

I can confirm this works, no part editing required. I have a thermal turbojet based SSTO hanging off my LKO science station right now.

Noone has played this version more than me and I've never run into that issue. I don't even compile a 64 bit version because 64 bit is so buggy.

We really need to stop the myth that KSP-64 is so buggy. My monitor (an LG model) takes 30 minutes to come back on if I turn it off and let it cool off. 30 minutes to warm up like an old tube type TV. So I leave it on and KSP running to keep the computer from going to sleep and turning the monitor off.

To give you some info..

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157

[D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\MODS]

Advanced Jet Engines

DeadlyReentry

RealChute1.2

RealFuels

TweakScale

ProcFairings

RemoteTech

FinalFrontier

Interstellar Lite

EngineIgnitor

StationScience

MechJeb2

FerramAerospaceResearch

NovaPunch

KerbalJointReinforcement

KAS

RealSolarSystem

RealismOverhaul

ProceduralParts

Chatterer

KCT

EVE Overhauled

My current CPU used time according to Task Manager... 6:33:02

No crashes on KSP-64 here. And there's been a lot of back and forth between buildings and ships. There are some buggy mods out there that cause problems. But the ones in the list above are pretty solid including yours running in KSP-64.

We really need to stop the myth that KSP-64 is so buggy. My monitor (an LG model) takes 30 minutes to come back on if I turn it off and let it cool off. 30 minutes to warm up like an old tube type TV. So I leave it on and KSP running to keep the computer from going to sleep and turning the monitor off.

To give you some info..

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157

[D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\MODS]

Advanced Jet Engines

DeadlyReentry

RealChute1.2

RealFuels

TweakScale

ProcFairings

RemoteTech

FinalFrontier

Interstellar Lite

EngineIgnitor

StationScience

MechJeb2

FerramAerospaceResearch

NovaPunch

KerbalJointReinforcement

KAS

RealSolarSystem

RealismOverhaul

ProceduralParts

Chatterer

KCT

EVE Overhauled

My current CPU used time according to Task Manager... 6:33:02

No crashes on KSP-64 here. And there's been a lot of back and forth between buildings and ships. There are some buggy mods out there that cause problems. But the ones in the list above are pretty solid including yours running in KSP-64.

I do A LOT of testing. I have a pristine install I use to create clones for the purpose of testing. 64 bit will crash within 30 minutes or 5 minutes or run as long as I want, but for inexplicable reasons it will crash. The error logs from those crashes don't make sense.

The reason why many developers don't even support 64 bit is for this reason. I think I spent 30 hours in two days just doing QA before .12. I have like 900 hours on my steam install, and that was like 9 months ago before I stopped playing on the steam install. I have streamed 40 hours in the last two weeks alone. Nevermind the offline play and development which easily double that. I can and often do break installs on a frequent basis during testing. I am very good at it. When 64 starts lasting long enough for me to break installs as often as 32 bit, then I'll release a 64 bit version. Until then, it will remain unsupported.

It works great for you and that's awesome. I wish I could. I have to reinstall ATM for my next playthrough because of memory issues with the mods I'm including. I don't like using ATM, but its the only option I have.

I do A LOT of testing. I have a pristine install I use to create clones for the purpose of testing. 64 bit will crash within 30 minutes or 5 minutes or run as long as I want, but for inexplicable reasons it will crash. The error logs from those crashes don't make sense.

The reason why many developers don't even support 64 bit is for this reason. I think I spent 30 hours in two days just doing QA before .12. I have like 900 hours on my steam install, and that was like 9 months ago before I stopped playing on the steam install. I have streamed 40 hours in the last two weeks alone. Nevermind the offline play and development which easily double that. I can and often do break installs on a frequent basis during testing. I am very good at it. When 64 starts lasting long enough for me to break installs as often as 32 bit, then I'll release a 64 bit version. Until then, it will remain unsupported.

It works great for you and that's awesome. I wish I could. I have to reinstall ATM for my next playthrough because of memory issues with the mods I'm including. I don't like using ATM, but its the only option I have.

I'm not exactly new at this stuff either my Steam install has logged 2279 hours and that's just the 32bit version that's been played. It doesn't log any of my 64 bit KSP playing. I've modded KSP for myself some as well as Silent Hunter series of games. I know what's involved.

Now you have to come to a realization that IF it's working for me, and my KSP is exactly the same as yours, and mine doesn't crash, in fact it hasn't crashed in a normal play run today at all. Yet if it crashing on you, then how can you blame KSP for those crashes. It has to be some difference in the mods you are using vs mine. OR you have a flaky machine. OR YOU have a flaky KSP install, some files need verifying or something. OR Some memory cell isn't keeping its data intact or something. Those are the only explanations left. Point being, it can't KSP because it's not happening here. And that's about the only common denominator we have.

Oh and I'm on Windows 7 64bit too.

Well KSP 64bit on Linux runs like a dream. But then again it has for many versions already.

Amen! Actually, ksp 64 bit is the reason I actually use my external linux install :D I'm tempted to include some "redundanty" (in my opinion) mods like kw. Just to see how far I can push it :/

I still run a windows install, but with only a few mods, mostly NEAR, pfairings, and ui/support type stuff. Intersteller is something I'm really tempted to add to that install, just cus I've had to use windows more lately.....

Hi Wave

Again, awesome mod, and I have NO PROBLEMS to report this time, however I do have a question.

I have tweaked the stats on some of the reactors to change their power out puts for a sort of "test bench" and some such madness.

BUT, when I scale something down, from 2.5 to 1.25 and 0.625 (I am in the process of testing if it behaves the same on the up scaling - from a 2.5 to a 5m part) the values revert to the default value.

EDIT : seems upscaling has the same "reduced" effect, as in, my tweaked 2.5 reactor performs 2% better in terms of thrust than my 5m reactor, but with a WAY different TWR and mass.:sealed:

2.5m

X50WgzZ.png

5m

2TmI9kW.png

FURTHER EDIT : I attached a 0.625m antimatter reactor to the back of the Stock Albatros, and at full wick, it was out performed by the Basic Jet Engines - It produced ~120kN and the Jet Engines produced ~160kN.

LAST EDIT I PROMISE XD : that being said, the reactor/generator/rocket set up weighed alot less than the basic jet engines :)

So, in the case of the 2.5m antimatter reactor, I have increased its power and thermal power by a factor of 10, for testing low altitude drag on some of my craft. BUT, when i scale the reactor down to a 1.25m reactor and thermal turbojet, the power reverts to its unmodified state.

Now i THINK i understand that this has to do with tweakscale and the sort, but please tell me how i can work around this with all the sized of antimatter reactors and plasma engines/thermal turbojets, as not having it how I have tweaked it for the 2.5m parts is going to seriously impact my game testing :P

Again, thanks for your continuous hard work and maintenance of this mod!

Regards

The Gecko

Edited by Gecko99
Added detail

Hi Wave

Again, awesome mod, and I have NO PROBLEMS to report this time, however I do have a question.

I have tweaked the stats on some of the reactors to change their power out puts for a sort of "test bench" and some such madness.

BUT, when I scale something down, from 2.5 to 1.25 and 0.625 (I am in the process of testing if it behaves the same on the up scaling - from a 2.5 to a 5m part) the values revert to the default value.

EDIT : seems upscaling has the same "reduced" effect, as in, my tweaked 2.5 reactor performs 2% better in terms of thrust than my 5m reactor, but with a WAY different TWR and mass.:sealed:

2.5m

http://i.imgur.com/X50WgzZ.png

5m

http://i.imgur.com/2TmI9kW.png

FURTHER EDIT : I attached a 0.625m antimatter reactor to the back of the Stock Albatros, and at full wick, it was out performed by the Basic Jet Engines - It produced ~120kN and the Jet Engines produced ~160kN.

So, in the case of the 2.5m antimatter reactor, I have increased its power and thermal power by a factor of 10, for testing low altitude drag on some of my craft. BUT, when i scale the reactor down to a 1.25m reactor and thermal turbojet, the power reverts to its unmodified state.

Now i THINK i understand that this has to do with tweakscale and the sort, but please tell me how i can work around this with all the sized of antimatter reactors and plasma engines/thermal turbojets, as not having it how I have tweaked it for the 2.5m parts is going to seriously impact my game testing :P

Again, thanks for your continuous hard work and maintenance of this mod!

Regards

The Gecko

I am going to take a wild guess that you are editing the part with an MM config? You may need to do some :before :after stuff or manually set the value scaling with tweak scale to specific values. Or you've installed the full version of tweakscale and because the current version still includes scales for interstellar, you are getting weirdness.

Edited by WaveFunctionP

I am going to take a wild guess that you are editing the part with an MM config? You may need to do some :before :after stuff or manually set the value scaling with tweak scale to specific values. Or you've installed the full version of tweakscale and because the current version still includes scales for interstellar, you are getting weirdness.

Hello :)

Not sure what you mean by an MM config (I am still a nub here :P) i just edited the .cfg directly for the antimatter reactor. And yes, I do believe I put in the full tweakscale version. Without it, none of my other parts scale up, and some solar panels are needed for MOAR POWER :P

Thoughts?

Regards

The Gecko

@WaveFunctionP:

I got very tired of seeing the typos in the part descriptions, so I've submitted a pull request that should mostly fix the random capitalization, misspelled words, and funky grammar. :-) Oh, and the "partical bed" reactor is now a pebble-bed reactor.

It also correctly names the gas cromatograph experiment. I was confused as to why "measure magnetosphere" was coming up twice on my craft.

Hello :)

Not sure what you mean by an MM config (I am still a nub here :P) i just edited the .cfg directly for the antimatter reactor. And yes, I do believe I put in the full tweakscale version. Without it, none of my other parts scale up, and some solar panels are needed for MOAR POWER :P

Thoughts?

Regards

The Gecko

You need to remove the warp config from tweakscale's folders and remove the interstellar module configs in the scaleexponents config.

@WaveFunctionP:

I got very tired of seeing the typos in the part descriptions, so I've submitted a pull request that should mostly fix the random capitalization, misspelled words, and funky grammar. :-) Oh, and the "partical bed" reactor is now a pebble-bed reactor.

It also correctly names the gas cromatograph experiment. I was confused as to why "measure magnetosphere" was coming up twice on my craft.

I got a notification. I'll take a look at it.

Upgrade mechanics were disabled. This is not something that is likely to come back for simple stat inflation upgrades unless I am able to get the parts to show up twice in the tech tree. You will have to replicate kspi stat inflation for now with a separate part file or duplicate and change the duplicate part with MM (which I'm not sure it can do).

edit: To be clear, the upgrade fields do nothing. If you wish to change the values for implementation for things like RSS, you'll need to change the unupgraded stats. Which should work just fine for fitting the reactors to a bigger planet.

Thank you so much!

Changing the base values with a MM cfg got me there. Wouldn't have figured it out without your information.

I'm not exactly new at this stuff either my Steam install has logged 2279 hours and that's just the 32bit version that's been played. It doesn't log any of my 64 bit KSP playing. I've modded KSP for myself some as well as Silent Hunter series of games. I know what's involved.

Now you have to come to a realization that IF it's working for me, and my KSP is exactly the same as yours, and mine doesn't crash, in fact it hasn't crashed in a normal play run today at all. Yet if it crashing on you, then how can you blame KSP for those crashes. It has to be some difference in the mods you are using vs mine. OR you have a flaky machine. OR YOU have a flaky KSP install, some files need verifying or something. OR Some memory cell isn't keeping its data intact or something. Those are the only explanations left. Point being, it can't KSP because it's not happening here. And that's about the only common denominator we have.

KSP x64 bit being buggy is most certainly NOT a myth. It is known that it works better for some people than others with no apparent reasoning. I ran x64 for quite a while and expereinced random crashes all the time, random loss of the HUD, inability to right-click parts after playing for a little while. I just went back to the 32-bit version and things are running MUCH more smoothly. Almost all of the 64-bit issues are gone.

So yeah, 64-bit works fine for you, great. But this is not typical for the majority of users.

you are operating under a really bad assumption. not everyone has the same driver set that you have. not everyone is running the same OS version as you (including hotfixes and builds). Many of these people will have hardware that isn't what you have. None of these automatically means that the person has a flaky machine. It means that Unity Winx64 version that Squad is building their game on is prone to random errors. These can be caused by software conflicts, hardware conflicts, or just bad code in the engine. None of which means that the person is running a broken down on it's last legs machine. The Software and Hardware that might cause problems with this one game engine can run perfectly clean code and be rock stable on it's own.

So just because you happened to have a perfect environment to run KSP x64 on doesn't mean that other people are screwing up. And the number of people reporting problems pretty conclusively points to a problem with the game engine.

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/anecdotal

Just started using this version instead of FractalUK's which doesn't seem to be supported anymore... I'm having the following issues:

1. I don't seem to have any options in the VAB for hotkeying functions to any of the parts in this mod.

2. Right clicking the parts doesn't show any options (ie, charge, activate warp, etc.. nothing, just shows the amount of exoticmatter which is 0)

3. When I mouseover any KSPIL parts in the VAB, the graphic expands to fill my screen which is really, really weird. If I un-mouse-over while it's.. growing.. it'll stop, but I have to go to another page to get it to go back to normal.. never seen KSP do this before(?)

4. So essentially I can't make use of anything since... I don't have any buttons to turn anything on here :(

What am I doing [potentially] wrong here?

I currently have the same issues as ss8913. I made a clean KSP installation today and got some basic mods (KSP-I, KAS, MKS and some smaller ones) but everything except KSP-I works. All your parts wont show any buttons to press (ie. activate a reactor). I'm totally new to KSP-I so maybe I'm doing something totally wrong but I suspect a bug. I reinstalled KSP-I several times, deleted the previous folders but it didn't change a thing.

I also have that "graphic expands on mouseover"-bug. Whats firespitter.dll and why do I need it? :)

omg this is now my new favorite website.

i'd like to throw up an alternative datapoint (because anecdotes) (also fallacies). my KSP works beautifully in x64, right up until i install mods, then i get the type of behavior wave was talking about (random crashes, mostly on scene changes, almost always with a write error, etc). i was super excited about x64, because i use a lot of mods, mostly part and concept packs (ahem.) which eat memory. i did extensive testing (because >science girl<, duh) to try to rule in which mods would work with x64 and which would fail, but whenever i started to get more then 1 or 2 mods in, the processes would crash unpredictably. i eventually had to either declare x64 unstable and go back to 32-bit, or conclude that nothing works or makes sense and give up on logic. guess which one?

Side note - for anyone having issues with MKS and the latest KSP-I causing drills not to work - just plop the ORS 1.2.0 DLL in your UmbraSpaceIndustries folder instead of the OpenResourceSystem folder (be sure to NOT move out 0.1.2.1) and you will be all fixed. I'll change my distro mechanism next time I roll out the USI constellation.

Side note - for anyone having issues with MKS and the latest KSP-I causing drills not to work - just plop the ORS 1.2.0 DLL in your UmbraSpaceIndustries folder instead of the OpenResourceSystem folder (be sure to NOT move out 0.1.2.1) and you will be all fixed. I'll change my distro mechanism next time I roll out the USI constellation.

Thank you. That sure was irritating trying to track down the issue.

I currently have the same issues as ss8913. I made a clean KSP installation today and got some basic mods (KSP-I, KAS, MKS and some smaller ones) but everything except KSP-I works. All your parts wont show any buttons to press (ie. activate a reactor). I'm totally new to KSP-I so maybe I'm doing something totally wrong but I suspect a bug. I reinstalled KSP-I several times, deleted the previous folders but it didn't change a thing.

I also have that "graphic expands on mouseover"-bug. Whats firespitter.dll and why do I need it? :)

I spent some time and figured out what caused this myself, You have an older version of OpenResourceSystems DLL in your gamedata folder. the latest version of KSPi-Lite requires version 1.2.1 (and only that version) in the OpenResources folder. This, on it's own makes KSPi-Lite work. But it also breaks all the drills in USI. After some back and forth with rover, we found that if you put the ORS V1.2.0 DLL in your USI folder, you can get USI working again, and still have KSPI Functioning as intended. Rover plans on changing his packs with the next release to fix this. (he also has me switch over to a hotfix ORSExtensions.dll from his dropbox. but this was when he was trying to get the new DLL to play nice with the old one in the ORS folder. If moving the old one to USI folder doesn't work, go try adding it Link)

So the break down:

1.) go to GameData\OpenResourceSystem\Plugin\ and remove all OpenResourceSystem_*_*_*.DLLs except 1_2_1

2.) Go to your GameData\UmbraSpaceIndustries\ and copy (from your latest roverdude pack) OpenResourceSystem_1_2_0.dll into this folder.

3.) If your still having problems go HERE and get the HOTFIX ORSExtensions.dll and copy it over (overwrite) the existing file at GameData\UmbraSpaceIndustries\

If you want to follow the Issue I posted at Roverdudes Github about all this, it can be found HERE (I was honestly expecting just a recompile against the new ORS version, but got this instead for now)

Edit: And i get Ninja'd by the dude himself as i am working this up. go figure.:)

I spent some time and figured out what caused this myself, You have an older version of OpenResourceSystems DLL in your gamedata folder. the latest version of KSPi-Lite requires version 1.2.1 (and only that version) in the OpenResources folder. This, on it's own makes KSPi-Lite work. But it also breaks all the drills in USI. After some back and forth with rover, we found that if you put the ORS V1.2.0 DLL in your USI folder, you can get USI working again, and still have KSPI Functioning as intended. Rover plans on changing his packs with the next release to fix this. (he also has me switch over to a hotfix ORSExtensions.dll from his dropbox. but this was when he was trying to get the new DLL to play nice with the old one in the ORS folder. If moving the old one to USI folder doesn't work, go try adding it Link)

So the break down:

1.) go to GameData\OpenResourceSystem\Plugin\ and remove all OpenResourceSystem_*_*_*.DLLs except 1_2_1

2.) Go to your GameData\UmbraSpaceIndustries\ and copy (from your latest roverdude pack) OpenResourceSystem_1_2_0.dll into this folder.

3.) If your still having problems go HERE and get the HOTFIX ORSExtensions.dll and copy it over (overwrite) the existing file at GameData\UmbraSpaceIndustries\

If you want to follow the Issue I posted at Roverdudes Github about all this, it can be found HERE (I was honestly expecting just a recompile against the new ORS version, but got this instead for now)

Edit: And i get Ninja'd by the dude himself as i am working this up. go figure.

And thanks for the help :)

I always wanted to break away from the recompilation bit as that's a pain for me and anyone else using ORS.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.